Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Freeman spoon fed answers by Rick during press call...

Here is the press call

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/a...a-6b9655538afc

Here are the whispers you can hear Rick telling him what to say.

14:31
    "just say how excited I am"

16:37
    ."you appreciate everything down there"

26:30
    "Say that....(quarterbacking is my business???)

28:27
    "thank you"
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 10-08-2013 at 08:31 AM.

vCash
    Undisputed is that Josh was told what to say, what is not undisputed is how you feel about it.

I feel it is trash. Josh seems articulate enough to express himself in his own words. Vikings media is forever tainted to me after seeing this. I will never know if it is the player speaking, or someone telling the player what to say.

Sure players are often coached to respond to the media in a certain way, but I have never seen an interview done where a front office member directly tells a player what to say right after a question.

there is something I find seriously disgusting with this interview.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 10-08-2013 at 08:33 AM.

vCash
    seriously, I was more annoyed that Rick referred to our other 3 QBs as Christian, Matt, and Bethel than anything else.....

This kinda thing happens more often than you think, you just happened to be able to hear it on this one. I'm sure Rick just wanted to ensure Josh didn't get himself in trouble with the Bucs or the league by extrapolating at all about that situation.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    having to spoon feed one of your players to make sure he doesnt make an *** out of himself???? Red flag anyone?

Say what you will about Ponder or Cassell but they both at least have good heads on there shoulders. Im still a Cassell supporter until he gives me a reason not to be. He is smart and has played well when given the chance, and the team seems to really rally around him. He really deserves more credit then people give him.

vCash
    Overblown, over hyped call it what you want but this happens ALL the time. Most of the time the interviews you see on TV are all scripted ahead of time. I'm not too concerned with this to be honest. It is what it is.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    I watched the interview and realized the same thing, wasn't really to disappointed though. If I was Spielman I don't think there is anything wrong suggesting what he viewed as the best answers. The Vikings put themselves on the line media wise with this move, the worst possible thing that could happen is Freeman accidentally saying something he shouldn't. If you watch the 1 on 1 with Wobby Freeman almost says Frazier promised him starts but changes the wording at the end when he realized what he was doing.

At the end of the day if you ever expect to hear the 100% truth from any source of media you are probably going to be disappointed most the time.

vCash
    I wasn't able to hear this interview but I did hear a little snip on the radio. A question I believe was asked about his indifference's with Schiano. I think Rick was just trying to keep him on track and not to say anything bitter towards Greg. I still got no problem with this.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Overblown, over hyped call it what you want but this happens ALL the time. Most of the time the interviews you see on TV are all scripted ahead of time. I'm not too concerned with this to be honest. It is what it is.
    Yep. See: New England Patriots

vCash
    I actually find this hilarious....

vCash
    Nothing new in media..I stopped listening to interviews awhile ago.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Smart move by Rick. Josh Freeman was going to blast the bucs staff but rick wouldn't allow that. Same thing greg jennings was saying things about the packers. Our front office and staff just wants to keep things in house and that's classy

70 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Personally, as long as Freeman can get the ball down field while making minimal mistakes, I don't care if he has to read off cue cards.

vCash
    One of my good friend played in the NFL for years and he frequently had the questions prior to the interview, even from ESPN....This is not a big deal

vCash
    I trust you and think you're smart enough to run this team and do a great job.... But - if it comes to an interview I'm going to guide you though it as I don't trust you enough to be polite (as a well spoken person) and represent yourself well.

Goes to show how much of a joke this franchise is. The coaches/players aren't on the same page - this is just another example of the lack of trust/faith management has of this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime1 View Post
    One of my good friend played in the NFL for years and he frequently had the questions prior to the interview, even from ESPN....This is not a big deal
    Having the questions ahead of time and having someone whisper in your ear the "correct" answers to very simple questions are completely different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast