Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taj

vCash

Taj

Is Taj making a case for himself to be starting? His play in the past two games has been outstanding. His shot looks great and his defense is good as always.

vCash
    Preseason yo. We're everyone overreacts to everything.

vCash
    Call me overreacting all you want. I've watched every Bulls game for the past 15 years and while I agree that it is just the Preseason there is a case to be made here. The facts is that Taj is as close to his prime as he will get. His shot, mechanics, and body look great. We are paying him a huge contract to be playing off the bench.

vCash
    We're paying Boozer an even bigger contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KH12 View Post
    We're paying Boozer an even bigger contract.
    Yeah but we can tell JR to pay 15 million to get rid of Boozer. You know even though it's probably not going to guarantee us a championship.

vCash
    We can't amnesty Boozer until July.

vCash
    Premature, fershure.

I'd love him to keep shooting like this though.

vCash
    No he's good where he's at. We need him coming off the bench you can't amnesty Boozer this year because we're not better without him. He may suck at defense but his offense, rebounding, passing and attention he receives can't be replaced by anyone. Next year might be a solid year to do it if they feel Mirotic is ready but even then they might rather just keep him and never use the amnesty.

Taj can't start I find him too valuable off the bench imagine a bench front court defense of Nazr, Boozer, and Dunleavy? Taj is fine where he's at right now if he continues to play like this he'll get plenty of minutes to close out games.

I do understand what you're trying to say though but once you look big picture it really doesn't make us a better all around team. It weakens our really strong defensive bench which will really help guys like Deng, Rose, Butler, and Noah get some rest during games.
    Last edited by Rndy; 10-08-2013 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    People have to realize how much better a player Taj would be with a solid mid-range game, it has really held him back, not to mention how he'd fit better with our starting 5 than Booz. Not only could he spread the floor for Noah but he could bring elite/borderline-elite defense to boot. Cuz lets face it, when we're facing a LBJ, Wade, PG, Melo type, Boozer gets lost and overwhelmed by their speed, athleticism, and skill (and the fact that Booz isn't 100% on the basics hurts too).

For Taj a solid mid-range game is the difference between him being a career back-up, or possibly making an all-star squad or two. Obviously we don't amnesty Booz this season, but if someone offers a first (while Taj is beasting) before the deadline I'd think long and hard about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Taj can't start I find him too valuable off the bench imagine a bench front court defense of Nazr, Boozer, and Dunleavy?
    Well good thing this is basketball and not hockey, cuz Thibbs will have Deng or JB playing with our "second unit" about 80% of the time. Besides, I'm worried about beating Miami's and Indy's starters, not their second teams. If Taj is hitting shots from mid range night in and out its just the smart basketball move to start him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    People have to realize how much better a player Taj would be with a solid mid-range game, it has really held him back, not to mention how he'd fit better with our starting 5 than Booz. Not only could he spread the floor for Noah but he could bring elite/borderline-elite defense to boot. Cuz lets face it, when we're facing a LBJ, Wade, PG, Melo type, Boozer gets lost and overwhelmed by their speed, athleticism, and skill (and the fact that Booz isn't 100% on the basics hurts too).

For Taj a solid mid-range game is the difference between him being a career back-up, or possibly making an all-star squad or two. Obviously we don't amnesty Booz this season, but if someone offers a first (while Taj is beasting) before the deadline I'd think long and hard about it.
    That isn't the only thing keeping Taj away another thing is his passing. One of the things that makes Noah and Boozer valuable combo for us is they can both play high or low post and be effective with one another. Taj in the high post isn't nearly as valuable because he's not going to be able to pass it well enough to Jo to get him points like Boozer can

Well good thing this is basketball and not hockey, cuz Thibbs will have Deng or JB playing with our "second unit" about 80% of the time. Besides, I'm worried about beating Miami's and Indy's starters, not their second teams. If Taj is hitting shots from mid range night in and out its just the smart basketball move to start him.
    I do agree with Butler or Deng playing 80% of the time but that doesn't really change the fact that Boozer and Nazr will be playing together. And I disagree with him starting for the many reasons I've stated if you don't agree that is fine. Next year will be Tajs chance to start if Boozer isn't here. As long as Boozer is here he's more valuable starting for us. Especially in a read and react offense.
    Last edited by Rndy; 10-08-2013 at 01:20 AM.

vCash
    edited my post to sound nicer!

vCash
    Why wait a season to build the chemistry and rhythm we'll want Taj to have the next four seasons he's here (as opposed to one or two). Booz has been a starter how long? Taj had a season four years back or so, that's it. If he's finally found his mid-range shot Taj is simply the better overall player, not to mention the relative upside is completely his.

Also, given their experience, I'd expect Taj to have to be the worse passer. But with Rose, JB, Deng, and Noah next to him, he'd only need to spot up, rebound, put back, and (every now and then) post up - which Booz is nothing special at these days. Not to mention I'll take Taj's defense in a heartbeat compared to Boozer's, whereas the discrepancy in passing isn't anywhere near to the same degree.

Lastly, Booz would dominate second teamers like its his business. After watching him over the years, he definitely has his way with average competition like clockwork, it's the upper tier big men he has trouble with.

All that said if we treated Booz kind of like we treated Bogans, with Taj getting more PT overall, I'd be cool that too. So I guess that's where my argument is, not about who starts, but who gets more PT, assuming Taj beasts. So whether Booz tires their starters, or owns their back-ups, I think it would work. Does that make more sense maybe? (not trying to sound condescending btw, I'm just blunt)

vCash
    Why wait a season to build the chemistry and rhythm we'll want Taj to have the next four seasons he's here (as opposed to one or two). Booz has been a starter how long? Taj had a season four years back or so, that's it. If he's finally found his mid-range shot Taj is simply the better overall player, not to mention the relative upside is completely his.

Also, given their experience, I'd expect Taj to have to be the worse passer. But with Rose, JB, Deng, and Noah next to him, he'd only need to spot up, rebound, put back, and (every now and then) post up - which Booz is nothing special at these days. Not to mention I'll take Taj's defense in a heartbeat compared to Boozer's, whereas the discrepancy in passing isn't anywhere near to the same degree.

Lastly, Booz would dominate second teamers like its his business. After watching him over the years, he definitely has his way with average competition like clockwork, it's the upper tier big men he has trouble with.

All that said if we treated Booz kind of like we treated Bogans, with Taj getting more PT overall, I'd be cool that too. So I guess that's where my argument is, not about who starts, but who gets more PT, assuming Taj beasts. So whether Booz tires their starters, or owns their back-ups, I think it would work. Does that make more sense maybe? (not trying to sound condescending btw, I'm just blunt)
    If Taj out performs Boozer he'll get more minutes regardless Boozer is the starter because Thibs is the coach put your name in the hat next time I agree with Boozer being the starter because right now it's better for the team. Taj will most likely end the games anyway so not sure why it matters.

vCash

Everyone does worse against top tier big men.

And then. He made them pancakes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast