Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vacaville
    Posts
    1,570
    vCash
    1500

    How legit is the Raiders defense?

    We've allowed the lowest total in five games to the Broncos "high powered offense" 37 points. I believe we had 5 takeaways last night to a Rivers San Diego team who passed for a record high the week before. Took a Colts team to the brink of a home (at Indy) loss, that took out the 49ers and Seahawks. I wanna wait and see how they do in KC, before I say we have a legit top five defense.

    Good news, after the bye week, the next four games are all against below .500 teams. Will be nice to see a little run there.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,815
    vCash
    1500
    Still early but I'd say it appears to be a much improved defense. The pieces aren't exactly what we have in mind but they fight and battle through adversity. I'm not sure if it's top 5 because there are some mean defenses out there but if they could finish top 10 by the end of the year id be ecstatic. If they finish top 5 then wow. Right now it's more of a bunch of beagles trying to get their pitbull on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    6,776
    vCash
    1500
    I told people Roach was an major upgrade at MLB. Our free agency class on Defense is paying off. Burnett looks like a major steal. I know Woodson is playing lights out but Woodson is a star and Burnett isn't a star so I think Burnett is our best free agent signing. People was upset when Wheeler went to Miami for that big money. We saved money and got a player of equal and possibly better value.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,853
    vCash
    1500
    Everything looks solid on defense but to be a good defense they need a pass rusher that can get after it game after game.Look at the best defenses,aldon smith and the 49ers,Von miller and the broncos,jj watt and the texans.You get what i mean.Right now the defense just needs more chemistry.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,926
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    I told people Roach was an major upgrade at MLB. Our free agency class on Defense is paying off. Burnett looks like a major steal. I know Woodson is playing lights out but Woodson is a star and Burnett isn't a star so I think Burnett is our best free agent signing. People was upset when Wheeler went to Miami for that big money. We saved money and got a player of equal and possibly better value.
    RM said at one time over the summer, "all i want is to have a good defense". I don't think he meant to downplay the importance of having a good offense. But he did utter these exact words.

    He really went after the LB's in the offseason, an area ignored by Al year in and year out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    6,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    RM said at one time over the summer, "all i want is to have a good defense". I don't think he meant to downplay the importance of having a good offense. But he did utter these exact words.

    He really went after the LB's in the offseason, an area ignored by Al year in and year out.
    He is finding success at signing LBs. Lets see if Sio Moore can develop. This kinds reminds me of Moneyball. The Dlinemen we signed they weren't stars but all of them are solid and not flashy. We have a solid Defense for the first time in a while and our starting Strong Safety isn't even healthy.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    vCash
    1500
    Its good to see most everyone coming round. That chicken little period during the offending was upsetting. Next year will b even better.

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,043
    vCash
    1500
    Offseason...I hate autocorrect

    I'm Your Huckleberry.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,926
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Its good to see most everyone coming round. That chicken little period during the offending was upsetting. Next year will b even better.
    I agree. Plus, we're gonna have a ton of cash to spend on some top-notch players this offseason.
    Wonder if Jared Allen would consider coming to the Raiders.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hendersonville N.C.
    Posts
    3,141
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know about you guys, but the biggest improvement for me has been the run defense. I remember years back always sucking against the run, now these players have done a tremendous job holding it down.

    I would like for everybody to comeback next season and add some more depth and a couple of pass rushers.

    Lets just hope that Pryor develops enough to where this team drafts something other than a QB...a DE perhaps or G, and or a new RB.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vacaville
    Posts
    1,570
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but the biggest improvement for me has been the run defense. I remember years back always sucking against the run, now these players have done a tremendous job holding it down.

    I would like for everybody to comeback next season and add some more depth and a couple of pass rushers.

    Lets just hope that Pryor develops enough to where this team drafts something other than a QB...a DE perhaps or G, and or a new RB.
    yeah I'm thinking two bad *** guards and a major pass rusher.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    320
    vCash
    1500
    Speaking of strong safety how long is tyvon branch supppose to be out?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    6,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CrypticRaider View Post
    Speaking of strong safety how long is tyvon branch supppose to be out?
    It was indefinite. I think he will be back after the bye week. It's an ankle injury.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,460
    vCash
    1500
    We have a defense comprised of second tier players for the most part, that are all getting their chances to shine. Their performances are a projection of good coaching from Tarver and DA. I said earlier in the offseason, Tarver may be our next HC if DA fails. Their game planning and adjustments are excellent. They are doing this with average and above average players.

    We don't have play makers, we just have a bunch of guys that make plays. It will not be pretty, it will not be sexy, it will not be dominant... It will be consistently good football. Just wait until RM has the funds and ability to get some real pass rushers in there. This defense will be sick next year.


    I said 6 games this year with the defense keeping us in games. After Woodson, I said 7 after the team gels in teh second half of the season. All the negative Nancy's around here will need to applaud RM by years end. What did he do? Brought in 9 new starters on defense and will field the best defense we've seen in a decade with a bunch of no names and an old washed up vet no one cared for....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,460
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but the biggest improvement for me has been the run defense. I remember years back always sucking against the run, now these players have done a tremendous job holding it down.

    I would like for everybody to comeback next season and add some more depth and a couple of pass rushers.

    Lets just hope that Pryor develops enough to where this team drafts something other than a QB...a DE perhaps or G, and or a new RB.
    For 10 years straight our run defense sucked, maybe even longer.

    Get rid of the diva's, bring in two no names and a real HC and DC...viola. Problem solved...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •