Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

1,000 Jumpers a day??

jordan hill's shot looks worse now than it did last year. was he literally just shooting them all flat footed with a hitch 1,000 times a day? they do have access to shooting coaches right? at least he was still banging on the inside battling for boards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I thought that as well ha. Maybe he is doing it to spite Dantoni

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    jordan hill's shot looks worse now than it did last year. was he literally just shooting them all flat footed with a hitch 1,000 times a day? they do have access to shooting coaches right? at least he was still banging on the inside battling for boards.
    I had the same thought last night, but beyond the yuks I also think there's something to be said for D'Antoni encouraging him to try and for Hill putting in the work. Not every player can develop an outside shot or a good handle or even figure out how to box out -- although that last one shouldn't be true. Maybe Hill can do it with his perimeter game, maybe he can't, but the only way to get there is to try. And I'd be shocked if he didn't have plenty of people (maybe too many) giving him advice.

One other benefit of putting in the time is that the coach and the player will have a better idea of that player's strengths in a way that both accept. Coaches get killed about playing time by every player, but if D'Antoni and Hill both know he's a brick factory that might make it easier for both parties during the season.

vCash
    I've seen him make one jumpshot. The rest were off the very back of the rim.

His shooting looks as bad as its been after these two games

vCash
    You can improve upon a jumper or add skills but I'd rather see Hill go back to what he is which is a energy rebounding garbage man.

Maybe he's not putting out the level of energy because he's coming back from injury, but he should really try jumping on his jump shots if he's gonna shoot em.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    It's a whole new ballgame shooting with a defender running at you or you trying to shoot over them as opposed to shooting uncontested jump shots in the gym.

vCash
    Damn this stretch 4 stuff. Let the man do what he does best. Clean the boards and get the break started, And play good "D".

vCash

1,000 Jumpers a day??

He just isn't confident. You can see it in his shot. He is not comfortable playing that style. Just let him be the energy guy and clean up around the basket.

vCash
    he looks like an expendable stiff...war Shawne Williams!!!
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Well remember the Lakers are still trying to get below the luxury tax to avoid the repeater tax.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    I thought Williams looked like a stiff in game 1, but after game 2, I see hope in him. I like his length and the fact he can shoot the 3 is huge for the Dantoni system. He is truly a stretch 4.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    I thought Williams looked like a stiff in game 1, but after game 2, I see hope in him. I like his length and the fact he can shoot the 3 is huge for the Dantoni system. He is truly a stretch 4.
    Told you all so that the Lakers knew what they we're going for Williams because he has history with Dantoni.

vCash
    Didn't people here say that D'Antoni making Hill practice 3s is going to "improve his game"?

vCash
    He's just not a good shooter, point blank and doesn't have confidence in his shot. He's a energy guy/rebounder.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Jordan Hill admitted he wasn't quite getting up 1000 shots like Kobe advised him to. That's alright though because he plays hard all the time. We just need his defense and rebounds. If he scores double digits now and then that's icing on the cake.

LAKERS / PACKERS / DODGERS / KINGS / 18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast