Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Deepest Bench in the NBA?

Most of the rosters are all shaped up at this point.. so who's got the deepest bench this year? Also do you see any problems depth wise for any contenders?

Heat obviously have the deepest of any team ( Best starting lineup, best bench.. huh.. wonder how that happened )

But aside from the NBA Monopoly.. I'd say Dallas probably has the deepest bench. Perhaps I'm bias but their 2nd unit is very solid and their 3rd unit is filled with solid prospects. Followed by the Nets, Clips & Pacers. Knicks would be pretty deep if A'mare is healthy but that's doubtful.

I think OKC's lack of depth is going to hurt them come playoff time. Golden State is in the same situation, but both teams are young enough that it might not matter.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    Nuggets??
    2 PGs on the bench that could start in most teams(Andre, Nate)
    JJ Hickson(starter from last year)
    Chandler/Gallo(both could start in almost every team not named Heat or OKC)
    and a lot of young guys ready to improve(Evan,JHam,Miller,Arthur,Mozgov,Randolph... )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone0716 View Post
    Most of the rosters are all shaped up at this point.. so who's got the deepest bench this year? Also do you see any problems depth wise for any contenders?

Heat obviously have the deepest of any team ( Best starting lineup, best bench.. huh.. wonder how that happened )

But aside from the NBA Monopoly.. I'd say Dallas probably has the deepest bench. Perhaps I'm bias but their 2nd unit is very solid and their 3rd unit is filled with solid prospects. Followed by the Nets, Clips & Pacers. Knicks would be pretty deep if A'mare is healthy but that's doubtful.

I think OKC's lack of depth is going to hurt them come playoff time. Golden State is in the same situation, but both teams are young enough that it might not matter.

What do you guys think?
    Lol

vCash
    Heat in the East, Clippers in the West.
    Pacers and Nets also have good benches, Nuggets have a very deep one, Knicks too if healthy

vCash
    Warriors are one of the deepest teams in the league.

Oneal/Ezeli
    Speights
    Green
    Thompson/Bazemore
    Douglas/ Nedo

vCash
    The Heat are pretty deep this year... Pacers and Warriors too

If there's a team with the biggest logjam for minutes, that would be my Kings unfortunately

This is probably what the Spurs feel like right now

Boogie Cousins for MVP 2014

vCash
    I agree the Warriors do have a good bench, but the problem is that Lee and Bogut are both injury prone, and with Ezeli and Speights in the starting 5, the bench becomes thin

vCash
    Really the Warriors are deep? I agree they have one - if not the best - lineups 1 through 6, but after that I don't see much talent. I'm speaking strictly bench players here.. 6th man on down. So only Barnes or Thompson would be considered as part of their bench.

vCash
    Knicks.....JR, Beno, Amare, Artest, even Pigs

If more Knicks players had the heart of John Starks, we'd have more rings.

vCash
    Bulls bench is pretty good. Hinrich coming in for Rose. Dunleavy backing up the wing and taj gibson. Heck two of those guys have been a part of team usa.

vCash
    JR
    Amare
    Beno
    MWP
    Prigs
    Kmart

Add in young guys with potential like Hardaway JR, Tyler, & Leslie.

That's a great, balanced bench. HUGE upgrade over last years 40 year old bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone0716 View Post
    Really the Warriors are deep? I agree they have one - if not the best - lineups 1 through 6, but after that I don't see much talent. I'm speaking strictly bench players here.. 6th man on down. So only Barnes or Thompson would be considered as part of their bench.
    So...

Either Klay (lights out shooter, high high caliber defender, improving his penetration) or Barnes (great two way player, athletic, high ceiling)

Ezeli (great defender)
    O'Neal (great defender)
    Speights (one of the best mid - range shooters in his position)
    Douglas (very good defender, capable shooter)
    Green (great defender, worked on his shot during offseason)
    Bazemore (very good defender, improving on the other end. Dominated summer league)
    Nedovic (we'll wait and see but in euroleague he was a great slasher, very explosive, solid defender and had a decent jump shot)
    Kuzmic (wait and see again)

Plus Seth and Alexander

I think we'll be fine... lmao

People always underrating DubNation.

vCash
    Quick everyone pick your team!

vCash
    Miami, Brooklyn has some nice pieces off the bench, Clippers, & Nuggets. Spurs are actually pretty deep too again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Miami, Brooklyn has some nice pieces off the bench, Clippers, & Nuggets. Spurs are actually pretty deep too again
    Clippers and Nuggets are good calls.

I believe the Nuggets depth is going to keep them in the playoffs.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast