Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Matt Flynn Released

Figured this was thread worthy..

@SI_JimTrotter: BREAKING: The Raiders have released QB Matt Flynn, according g to source.

vCash
    That would be an awesome pick up for the Packers...would make me feel alot better if Rodgers were to go down God forbid

vCash
    As much as I want Flynn as a backup I want him to get another shot.

Oakland has an injury prone back, horrible OL, and a ****** group of WR's. For Flynn to be effective he will need a good cast. Maybe the Browns will give him a shot? Most likely the team that gives him a shot is Jax though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post

Oakland has an injury prone back, horrible OL, and a ****** group of WR's. For Flynn to be effective he will need a good cast. Maybe the Browns will give him a shot? Most likely the team that gives him a shot is Jax though.
    That game really disappointed me. He had one drive where I'm like that's the Flynn I know. Then once he threw the INT and the pressure got to him, he turtled up and called it a day.

It wasn't pretty from a body language POV.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    That game really disappointed me. He had one drive where I'm like that's the Flynn I know. Then once he threw the INT and the pressure got to him, he turtled up and called it a day.

It wasn't pretty from a body language POV.
    Maybe one of the eight or so sacks ruined his confidence. I went back and watched the coaches tape and I think the WR's need just as much blame as the OL or Flynn. They just weren't getting open.

Still Flynn had a horrible game and there is no excuse for that. Everything else just piled onto it. Maybe his two games in GB were just a favorable situation for him(great surrounding cast and bad defenses). Obviously he will never duplicate it or probably run an offense with the playmakers he had here but you still expect him to have some success after those games. Bad QB's don't just throw for 6 tds and 500 yards. IDK I don't get it.

vCash
    Maybe one of the eight or so sacks ruined his confidence. I went back and watched the coaches tape and I think the WR's need just as much blame as the OL or Flynn. They just weren't getting open.

Still Flynn had a horrible game and there is no excuse for that. Everything else just piled onto it. Maybe his two games in GB were just a favorable situation for him(great surrounding cast and bad defenses). Obviously he will never duplicate it or probably run an offense with the playmakers he had here but you still expect him to have some success after those games. Bad QB's don't just throw for 6 tds and 500 yards. IDK I don't get it.
    Obviously he didn't handle or like the pressure. That was the half of it.

He's basically a different version of Alex Smith. He needs the perfect team to play decent. Except people think Alex Smith is good and **** and Matt Flynn shouldn't be in the NFL.

lol

vCash
    sorry to be off topic, but does anyone know where the visiting team's family sits at Lambeau Field on game day. I am hoping someone knows the section?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AZPacker View Post
    sorry to be off topic, but does anyone know where the visiting team's family sits at Lambeau Field on game day. I am hoping someone knows the section?
    I know I'm not helping here but I must know why you want to know this.

vCash
    I know I'm not helping here but I must know why you want to know this.

vCash
    sure, I know the mother of a player drafted by the Vikings and she is offering me (a die-hard Packer fan) the opportunity to go back to Lambeau for my 4th time...I am just trying to figure out where these tix would be. Now, it might be a little strange to be sitting in the only purple section of the stadium, but I will take tickets if she is really willing to give them to me.

vCash
    sure, I know the mother of a player drafted by the Vikings and she is offering me (a die-hard Packer fan) the opportunity to go back to Lambeau for my 4th time...I am just trying to figure out where these tix would be. Now, it might be a little strange to be sitting in the only purple section of the stadium, but I will take tickets if she is really willing to give them to me.
    Haha, I see. That just had me curious.

Hopefully someone can help you!

vCash

he wont be getting another shot this year, so why not sign a one year deal and test his luck over the offseason again. i'd love to see him backing up rodgers again
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Reports say he has an elbow injury and its why green bay is staying away

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    I didn't think we would bring him back this year anyway - next year was more likely in my opinion.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    If he had been released earlier, the Vikings would have grabbed him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast