Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Scheduled Raiders QB visits

The Oakland Raiders might have something special in Terrelle Pryor, but the team isn't finished seeking help at the quarterback position.

After failing to land Josh Freeman, the Raiders will work out Pat White on Tuesday, according to ESPN.com's Adam Schefter. That session will come one day after the team brings in David Carr for a workout on Monday, per NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

Neither quarterback is a threat to Pryor, who calmly guided the Raiders to a 27-17 win over the San Diego Chargers on Sunday night. Pryor was 18-for-23 passing for 221 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions.

Oakland's pursuit of Freeman tells us the Raiders aren't entirely sold on Pryor. But this week's rash of quarterback workouts is especially damning for Flynn, who -- relegated to third-string duties and fallen from favor -- could be out of work sooner later.

David Carr is in today and there is rumors of Tim Tebow Exspect a few more citings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ite-on-tuesday
    Last edited by Raiders2013; 10-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.

vCash
    If this came from a website, please include a link.

Furthermore, I never got the impression the Raiders talking to Freeman was an indicitment of Pryor. There was never any indication that Freeman was told - "You're going to start" - and, instead, he was being brought in as a backup with the potential to play.

Pat White makes sense to me as a mobile QB. David Carr would be better, IMO - face it, the Raiders are a west-coast offense, predicated on converting 3rd downs and avoiding major mistakes. Pat White is not going to effectively run a WCO, but David Carr can and has, in spot relief, in the past.

vCash
    Like a said before, i would be disapointed if we passed up on Derick Carr. He has no flaws aside from being a little over confident in his arm occasionally. This is great news! Fresno St. Baby!!

** i must b tired, i thought i read Derick Carr haha
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 10-07-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In Their Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Didn't White work with Sporano in miami??

Not looking good for Flynn. RM may be trying to right the wrong before it becomes cancer in the locker room. We won't get a Pizza for Flynn in trade, and eveyone knows it.

vCash
    Not big on Carr. White is intriguing. This would spell the end of Flynn.

vCash
    I agree, I dont think RM shopping QBs is an indictment on Pryor, it's an indictment on depth. I think signing a cheap but capable backup is a good idea. I'd like it if McGloin could be our #2 just because I like him, but he's still a big ?

vCash
    ...and if anyone knows what it's like to play behind a pourous O-Line it's David Carr. LOL poor guy...

vCash
    I thought Pat White had made it onto the Redskins' roster.

And LMAO at nfl.com implying that the Raiders bringing in Pat White is indicative of their faith on Pryor... as if anyone would take Pat White seriously.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    Why not sign Vince Young then? Then if Pryor goes down or starts to play really bad, Then you don't have to change your style much. AND besides we need a healthy RB more than anything.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 10-07-2013 at 11:56 AM.

vCash
    VY probably wants too much money. PW and Carr should come really, really cheap!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders2013 View Post
    The Oakland Raiders might have something special in Terrelle Pryor, but the team isn't finished seeking help at the quarterback position.

After failing to land Josh Freeman, the Raiders will work out Pat White on Tuesday, according to ESPN.com's Adam Schefter. That session will come one day after the team brings in David Carr for a workout on Monday, per NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

Neither quarterback is a threat to Pryor, who calmly guided the Raiders to a 27-17 win over the San Diego Chargers on Sunday night. Pryor was 18-for-23 passing for 221 yards with 2 touchdowns and no interceptions.

Oakland's pursuit of Freeman tells us the Raiders aren't entirely sold on Pryor. But this week's rash of quarterback workouts is especially damning for Flynn, who -- relegated to third-string duties and fallen from favor -- could be out of work sooner later.

David Carr is in today and there is rumors of Tim Tebow Exspect a few more citings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ite-on-tuesday
    ^^^FIxed

vCash
    Glad you caught that too^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    I thought Pat White had made it onto the Redskins' roster.

And LMAO at nfl.com implying that the Raiders bringing in Pat White is indicative of their faith on Pryor... as if anyone would take Pat White seriously.
    Pat White made the original 53 man roster but was cut soon later when they needed a kicker. Never was resigned. He worked out at Buffalo but they chose to bring QB Lewis from their practice squad up so Pat at the moment only has us to impress.
    Member of the Mack/Donald Crew

The David Fales QB Crew-HunterNRoss and krsonekth

vCash
    This is the end for Flynn. I think DA always wanted Pryor to start. RM is finally sold on Pryor now.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    This is the end for Flynn. I think DA always wanted Pryor to start. RM is finally sold on Pryor now.
    But, but, that mancrush??!?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast