Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

NYR Prospects Had a Good Night. Dylan McIlrath First Pro Goal (Game Winner)

Around the Farm: McIlrath nets first pro goal in Wolfpack win

Dylan McIlrath notched his first professional goal, scoring the eventual game winner in Hartford’s 4-3 win over the Albany Devils. McIlrath scored 4:36 into the third period, and the goal held up as the winner. J.T. Miller (2 goals, 1 assist), Chris Kreider (1 goal), and Danny Kristo (2 assists) also had strong games.

Up north, Anthony Duclair and MacKenzie Skapski were in action for their respective CHL teams. Overseas, Calle Andersson notched an assist in Malmo’s 4-2 victory. Be sure to check after the jump for all the scoring lines for the prospects in action today/tonight.
    http://www.blueseatblogs.com/2013/10...-wolfpack-win/

vCash
    Nice to see the Kreider put the biscuit in the basket, lets just hope that one day he figures out this crazy concept of playing well without the puck....

Kudos to Miller, that's the way you handle being sent down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09:27164454
    Nice to see the Kreider put the biscuit in the basket, lets just hope that one day he figures out this crazy concept of playing well without the puck....

Lets hope Kreider realizes that he was being given a top line spot only to give it back with unispired play and effort. I think if miller had Kreiders skill set he would be on the team, unfortunately Kreider has some sort of sense of entitlement since getting fast tracked to the NHL in the playoffs, he doesnt have the drive Miller does, and I hope it rubs off on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Lets hope Kreider realizes that he was being given a top line spot only to give it back with unispired play and effort. I think if miller had Kreiders skill set he would be on the team, unfortunately Kreider has some sort of sense of entitlement since getting fast tracked to the NHL in the playoffs, he doesnt have the drive Miller does, and I hope it rubs off on him.
    Well, if the recent demotion to the AHL, after getting first line minutes (and expectations) as you said, doesnt put things in perspective for him then it might be time to worry. On the other hand, maybe the guy just has a low hockey IQ and will be a late bloomer, either way its a bit discouraging.

Miller on the other hand is just a guy that makes it easy to root for him, can't wait till he gets a little seasoning in the minors and gets the chance to do it for the big club.

vCash
    Did you guys see Dylan scored again?

No goals in his first 50 or so pro games but now 2 goals in his last 2 games.

vCash
    http://www.hartfordwhalernation.com/...ckey/ct-whale/

It was a pretty decent goal as well! Enjoy the highlights from last night's game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    http://www.hartfordwhalernation.com/...ckey/ct-whale/

It was a pretty decent goal as well! Enjoy the highlights from last night's game.
    I'm glad you posted that. The kid showed a nice pivot to skate backwards while taking the shot. I wish they showed his fight as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post

3 names the Rangers are really depending on. Kreider cannot be another Brendl.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98:27206819
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post

3 names the Rangers are really depending on. Kreider cannot be another Brendl.
    He's gotta want it a little more from what I saw so far. McIlrath has to become something too, we need a physical player who can fight on our D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Did you guys see Dylan scored again?

No goals in his first 50 or so pro games but now 2 goals in his last 2 games.
    Did a "Big Whistle" ask him to shoot the puck?

I'll get ahead of myself now and recall when Scott Stevens became more than just a fighter/hitter.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Asham and Biron were put on waivers, AV is sending a message---tho' the rumor was AV didn't like/want Biron, part of the reason we were quick to call in Hedberg when Biron asked for a couple of days to take care of a family issue early in camp.and Asham twitted this was his last chance---so he must have already been told the end was coming.
    If Biron is claimed Talbot will be brought up, put who do you guys think gets called up for Asham---Powe,Miller,Krieder,Lindberg( I'm not gonna lie, I'd like to see Lindberg and Fast on a line together).

vCash
    I'd like to see them keep the kids down and just build some chemistry.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    He's gotta want it a little more from what I saw so far. McIlrath has to become something too, we need a physical player who can fight on our D.
    Agreed. This team becomes much different with those playing up to their potential.

vCash
    Dylan now has 3 or 5 points in 8 games.

Here are 2 clips of recent fights as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAn8MNTSm8M#t=30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si2ci8sRzJM

vCash
    Dylan had another goal last night. So weird to see him scoring. Nobody expected that despite his hard shot.

He now has 3 goals and 5 points in 11 games.

Hockey Futures put out an update on him on October 14th

Top Pro Defensive Prospect
    Dylan McIlrath, D, Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)

McIlrath has been in the Rangers system for three years, but it seems as though it has been longer. A tenth overall selection in 2010, McIlrath came with very high expectations, but was extremely raw when drafted. What he had was size and meanness, and the potential of being a great crease-clearing defenseman. The 2012-13 season was his first as a pro, and McIlrath had an up and down campaign, as there were times when he fought and looked fearsome, but more when he was totally invisible.

Early into the 2013-14 season, there is a noticeable difference. Paired with experienced veteran and team captain Aaron Johnson, McIlrath has played top-pairing minutes. His positioning has improved a great deal as has his heavy shot, which he is not afraid to use. When combined with his willingness to drop the gloves, McIlrath is beginning to look like the player the Rangers drafted him to be. He could get a look in New York later this season, but should be a regular in the NHL next season.
    http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ns-in-2013-14/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast