Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Hayden is evolving!

Ok guys I talked a lot of **** about Hayden and now it is time to give proper respect.

The kid's tackling looked much better vs San Diego. Rivers is still a good QB and even though Hayden got beat on some plays in the 2nd half overall his coverage was solid.

THE INT ROCKED AND HE WAS A DIFFERENCE MAKER THIS GAME!

He played like I expect a 1st rd draft pick should for game 5! The kid is showing progress and I hope and think he will continue to do so.

Also if we continue to win games and show progress I will eat my words about RM and admit my wrong.

Guys I am happy to eat crow on this and willing to tone it down about Hayden but please keep it in jest and no flat out name calling please. I can take a ribbing but please keep it tasteful.

Cheers and all glory to Hayden and our Raiders tonight!
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 10-07-2013 at 03:33 AM.

vCash
    I'm not a man of ifs but if Jani made the fg at the end of the half against the colts we would have won on a chip shot. I think we all agree its not an if but a fact if pryor played last week that would be a win. We can very well be 4-1 right now. Thing is this raider team is very competitive. We have the most cap and will be forced to spend because of the cba. Don't expect us to sign 2-3 high profile guys Like the dolphins. We might go after 1 big time guy, then a couple solid hungry guys, and depth. We Also have the our first 3 picks in the draft after years. Iv said it in the offseason 2014 we will be back in the playoffs.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Agree with both posts above. We could very easily be 4-1. TP appears to be getting better weekly. Hit his first 10 passes today. We got a Lil conservative offensively which kept him from putting up great numbers.

Vet, much props to you for acknowledging the kids putting in work. The pass was late as Allen was wide open, he showed some closing speed and sealed the deal

vCash
    I was a fan of Haden from the very moment it was announced. Whether anyone admits it or not, CB was a priority, and he was the best available, plus, looking at how he played in college, he seemed to have a nose for the football.

That being said, his INT was all on Rivers. Allen popped open from the get go, and he was late delivering the ball. Hayden showed good closing speed, but there's no way he gets to it if Rivers throws it 2 seconds earlier.....it would have been "TD San Diego!!"......but I am glad he got his first, of hopefully many, INTs.....
    The Leonard Williams crew. Who's with me???

N. Cog Neato

vCash
    So much for my "blind faith"..

I knew we would see one of these threads once Hayden put the nail in the coffin.

I think the doubting attitude in this forum needs to be toned down. If we lose next week we'll have people calling for RM & Allens heads.

One week at a time guys.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Raider_Vet;27163821]Ok guys I talked a lot of **** about Hayden and now it is time to give proper respect.

The kid's tackling looked much better vs San Diego. Rivers is still a good QB and even though Hayden got beat on some plays in the 2nd half overall his coverage was solid.

For god sake Vet have some self respect, 1 good play and he`s ready for the Hall Of Fame ? McFadden has had a 4 year pass living off of 3 good games.

Let`s not turn into Nancy`s ok?

The Raiders have sooooooo much work to do, I expect the complete opposite next week in Arrow Head. The celebration of this win is over, start melting like girls when Oakland has won 5 in a row.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

7. 10-07-2013, 09:21 AM

Raiders Staff - East Div.

Reason
    Baiting - SFrush90

vCash
    @Raider_Vet: Dont feel bad Vet, Ive only been here a short while and already had to eat a massive pot of crow gumbo when I said Flynn would have a big game against the skins. LOL Im glad DJ got his 1st INT. Got great raw skills and he's getting better.

vCash
    I still think he's horrible...the guy is horrible at tackling and coverage. WTF does he do well?

Maybe be develops later down the road...hopefully, but as of right now this kid is not that good. I don't know what the coaches were thinking too, I dislike conservative coaches because they cost teams games, like it almost cost us last night.

Rashad Jennings I like, surprisingly.

I really like Mike Jenkins and Porter out there; Sims, and Lamar Huston...Huston boy!

So far none of the McKenzie picks have been worth a fuak...one pick on a bad throw doesn't make this kid a solid pick. Watson, well he hasn't done anything either, and Sio Moore has under performed for all the crap he talked about being the best linebacker in the draft.

I'm seriously fine with Hayden being the nickle corner because he clearly isn't playing better than Jenkins or Porter.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Some of you hold stat lines in to high regard. It's not the end all be all. Just because someone doesn't have eye popping numbers doesn't mean they don't make plays.

In today's league it's hard as it is to just play play defense, and mistakes are gonna be made.

With sio and Hayden, whether or not they actually execute coverages, fill their respective run lanes, push the ball back in to where the help is so some else can make the tackle.

Only the legit best at their position constantly make every play that comes their way. These are all world class athletes on both sides of the ball and will win and lose individual battles on different occasions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post
    Ok guys I talked a lot of **** about Hayden and now it is time to give proper respect.

THE INT ROCKED AND HE WAS A DIFFERENCE MAKER THIS GAME!

He played like I expect a 1st rd draft pick should for game 5! The kid is showing progress and I hope and think he will continue to do so.

Also if we continue to win games and show progress I will eat my words about RM and admit my wrong.

Guys I am happy to eat crow on this and willing to tone it down about Hayden but please keep it in jest and no flat out name calling please. I can take a ribbing but please keep it tasteful.

Cheers and all glory to Hayden and our Raiders tonight!
    Nice post.

I too am going to eat any crow necessary regarding any doubts about Pryor and his abilities. The kid is hot and has some special talents. SB
    Just Win Baby

12. 10-07-2013, 10:52 AM
    Reason
    Over the line

vCash
    [QUOTE=the_firm_09:27164016]
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Vet View Post

For god sake Vet have some self respect, 1 good play and he`s ready for the Hall Of Fame ? McFadden has had a 4 year pass living off of 3 good games.

Let`s not turn into Nancy`s ok?

The Raiders have sooooooo much work to do, I expect the complete opposite next week in Arrow Head. The celebration of this win is over, start melting like girls when Oakland has won 5 in a row.
    Firm the kid looked a lot better. His tackling was improved and he made some plays. This was his best game by far and looked like he should in week 5. That INT showed some serious quickness and was a great read on his part and it was not just thrown to him. The kid still has work to do but I saw improvement and have some faith now that he will continue to improve.

vCash
    Let's all take it easy.

For what it's worth, you got a lot of flak for criticizing the kid before he played a snap in the NFL.

He's made a nice play. Two, actually - he pushed a WR out of the endzone (Allen?) on top of the INT. Jesus he broke on that ball... damned impressive burst from Hayden.

15. 10-07-2013, 11:07 AM
    Reason
    quoting a deleted post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003:27164370
    Let's all take it easy.

For what it's worth, you got a lot of flak for criticizing the kid before he played a snap in the NFL.

He's made a nice play. Two, actually - he pushed a WR out of the endzone (Allen?) on top of the INT. Jesus he broke on that ball... damned impressive burst from Hayden.
    I just did not like the pick for who was on the board and his injury scared the hell out of me shred. Hindsight.... it's a ***** at time. This is all for the good however and the kid looked like a good football player overall vs SD.

vCash
    He missed all last year from injury as well as all this preseason. He is getting a crash course in learning the NFL. He will continue to improve with experience.

vCash
    ^^ was gonna mention the push Shred, and yeah it was K. Allen. also had a pass break up early. The kid looks like he is coming out of his shell, he played timid the previous games. that will do his confidence some good.

Most complete game we have put together.

I know my job is on the line!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast