Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Bargnani and Shumpert to start

Looks like we're going big to begin the pre-season as expected with Bargs and Shump rounding out the starting 5. This is gonna be good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...mpert-bargnani

------

Per rotoworld.com:

Mike Woodson said the forward combination of Andrea Bargnani and Carmelo Anthony is "looking good."

"Itís looking good," Woodson said. "I donít know whoís going to start yet. But I like the makeup of Andrea and Melo on the floor at the same time with Tyson [Chandler]." Amare Stoudemire could miss time with his knee issues, so Bargnani could see the majority of the minutes at power forward. He was horrible last year, so we're still a little apprehensive to target him in drafts.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/...ndrea-bargnani

Definitely anxious to see them in action in the first game against Boston. I cant think of a reason why this experiment wouldn't work. If it worked with Novak and Melo on the floor together, this should work without and issue.

vCash
    Love it, we get MUCH bigger.

I was worried Woody would start MWP, but it looks like the job is Bargs' to lose.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Makes sense....with Kmart, Mrtta, JR and Pablo off the bench.

Hopefully our starting unit will bring the energy from the start unlike last season.

Hope Shump worked on his 3 ball.

Good...seems like Woodson sees something he likes with Melo starting at the 3....let's hope it works out.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Makes sense....with Kmart, Mrtta, JR and Pablo off the bench.

Hopefully our starting unit will bring the energy from the start unlike last season.

Hope Shump worked on his 3 ball.

Good...seems like Woodson sees something he likes with Melo starting at the 3....let's hope it works out.
    what he sees or what he should see is that starting Bargs he can use Melo the same way as if he were starting at the 4 due to Bargs perimeter orientated game...we are playing small ball with a bigger lineup is all...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    what he sees or what he should see is that starting Bargs he can use Melo the same way as if he were starting at the 4 due to Bargs perimeter orientated game...we are playing small ball with a bigger lineup is all...
    Exactly, which makes us even more dangerous offensively. On the other end is where Im curious to see how this plays out. Bargs is not as bad a defender as many think, definitely better than Novak for sure.

vCash
    To do anything otherwise would have been stupid.

vCash
    Its not really small ball since we are big at every position but we are playing a spread the floor offense. small ball is more focused on the transition and dribble drive where as we are not gonna be running much with this lineup. we will be focusing on Melo iso plays and ball movement to create 3 point attempts. it's gonna be interesting and i'm defeinitely concerned defensively but no way Woody starts a bad defensive lineup, I don't see that happening at all.

vCash
    LOL the only logical choice. Hopefully it works.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89:27161043
    Its not really small ball since we are big at every position...
    Except at point.

vCash
    As we all knew since the Bargnani trade this was the lineup that made the most sense. I think we are gOing to be slaughtering teams when our starting unit is clicking.

vCash
    I still hope we see a good chunk of Bargs at C next to Metta/KMart at PF. Most logical choice to start though. Will be nice to start the game with a unit that can score the ball and get off to hot starts - we were way to reliant on Melo to score the ball to start games last year starting guys like Brewer/White/Kidd/Prigs around him/Tyson/Felton.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BK-TY View Post
    Except at point.
    Felton might not be tall but he's burly and stronger than almost every PG he matches up against. I still consider that part of being "big".

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Felton - Shumpert - Melo - Bargnani - Tyson
    Pablo - Beno - JR - Metta - Martin

So essentially we will be running last years 2 PG lineup off the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    Felton - Shumpert - Melo - Bargnani - Tyson
    Pablo - Beno - JR - Metta - Martin

So essentially we will be running last years 2 PG lineup off the bench.
    Except until stat comes back, than we would be looking at beno, JR, Metta kmart and stat, prigs will be plugged in at the half way mark of the 1st and the half way mark of the 3rd, so that all the pg's share minutes and are kept fresh through out the season. I want ike diogu to make this team, watched him over seas and he can still ball, reminds a bit of Elton brand in his younger days, can play D and can get it on the block and had a consistent mid range game, can play both the 4 & 5 which would give us more depth and when stat gets injured again, and we all know thats going to happen, we should also keep toure as well.
    Last edited by MELO 15; 10-07-2013 at 11:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MELO 15 View Post
    Except until stat comes back, than we would be looking at beno, JR, Metta kmart and stat, prigs will be plugged in at the half way mark of the 1st and the half way mark of the 3rd, so that all the pg's share minutes and ate kept fresh through it the season. I want ike diogu, make this team, watched him over seas and he can still ball, reminds a bit of Elton brand in his younger days, can play D and can get it on the block and had a consistent mid range game, can play both the 4 & 5 which would give us more depth id and when stat gets injured again, and we all know that going to happen, we should also keep toure well.
    I'm not sure when STAT gets back he is getting thrust right into action again. I think were over the "oh he's max player STAT so he's gotta play" routine. If everyone is settled into their roles nicely and were cruising when STAT is ready for his 15-20 mins, I think he's gonna have to wait his turn and ride the bench until injuries inevitably hit for him to get his shot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast