Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Can DRose mend the divide between Garpax and Thibs? Good article up on the rift

Haven't posted in a while but Waj from yahoo is a pretty good source of info. He says DRose may get caught in the middle of the new rift between Garpax and Thibs that got worse with Admas' firing. Thoughts?

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--de...081117937.html

Derrick Rose's return could help mend fracturing Bulls

Adrian Wojnarowski
    Adrian Wojnarowski 6 hours ago Yahoo Sports

INDIANAPOLIS Pushing past defenders and doubts and delivering the Chicago Bulls flashes of a genius gone too long, Derrick Rose demonstrated the truest antidote for the franchise's dysfunction. Ball in his hands, blur on the floor, Rose tethers enemies to the common cause of the championship chase.

With so much distrust and downright disdain between the Bulls' front office and coach, the ripples of Rose's resounding return on Saturday night ought to remind general manager Gar Forman and coach Tom Thibodeau of the stakes of surviving the organization's power struggle.

Between Forman and Thibodeau the disconnect is deep, but Rose's reconstructed knee could be a powerful agent of reconciliation. With transcendent talents, there come redemptive powers. No one wants to be ousted with Rose on the roster, because he is one of those once-in-a-lifetime players for executives and coaches.

"The speed, the quickness, the power there's no one like him," Thibodeau marveled.

Still. Seventeen months later, Rose had finally recovered from the excruciating rehabilitation of a torn anterior cruciate ligament. For 20 minutes of a preseason victory over the Indiana Pacers, Rose was long on speed and strength, and understandably short on precision. Most of all, his body is back. Rose played at a fever pitch, delivering the ball end-to-end on layups, hurdling one Pacer to a loose ball at midcourt and punctuating the play with a dunk.

"I'm not slowing down," Rose said. "I don't care who is [at] the hole. If they're going to foul me, I'm going to get up and keep going hard at them."

As Rose returns to the Bulls after missing a full season, his most important teammate Luol Deng is privately disappointed over the franchise's unwillingness to engage him in serious contract discussions. Deng could leave as a free agent this summer, could be traded before the February deadline everything is so unsettled over his future.

An assistant coach that Rose deeply valued, Ron Adams, was let go over Thibodeau's wishes this summer because Forman didn't like Adams' defiant disposition. Eventually, Rose could be trapped in the middle of the Forman-Thibodeau cold war.

As the months passed without Thibodeau signing his name to a four-year contract extension last season, the coach privately feared the consequences of fully committing himself to that inevitable signature, league sources said.

If Thibodeau had been convinced that his GM was usurping the coach's influence without a signed deal, he knew the finalizing of his contract would move him further to the mercy of the GM. The Bulls had a news conference for that four-year, $18 million contract on the eve of training camp in 2012, but it was months and months until Thibodeau signed his name.

"It is a toxic relationship that I believe will ultimately derail them," one NBA coaching source with close ties to Thibodeau and Forman warned.

As Thibodeau delivered one of the best coaching performances the NBA had witnessed in years, pushing past the loss of Rose and core rotation players to beat the Brooklyn Nets and take the Miami Heat to six games in the conference semifinals, management kept pushing to exert controls on him.

What had been a strained, fractured partnership descended into permanent disrepair with Forman's firing of Adams, the Bulls' top assistant coach and decades-long confidant of Thibodeau's. If Bulls management had to take Thibodeau's criticisms and pushback, they refused to take it from Adams.

As one league source told Yahoo Sports, "Ron didn't drink the Kool-Aid there, and this was a message from Gar to Thibs that he's running the show, especially on picking the players."

Rose thinks he is a better player than he was before having knee surgery. (AP)
    Now, Rose is back and insists he's better than ever. His vertical leap has improved through months and months of work with his trainer, Rob McClanaghan. His 3-point shot is surer. Rose believes he's better than ever.

Rose changes everything in the Eastern Conference, but most of all he needs his transcendent talent to impact the fabric of this franchise. As the Chicago Bulls threaten to come undone at the organization's highest levels, Rose remains the reminder for everyone to find a way to make this franchise functional and free of discord. Gulfs are deep, but so is the talent of Rose.

Derrick Rose is back, and make no mistake: His burden has never been bigger.

vCash
    I don't see a problem with Gar-Thibs relationship. They don't have to agree on everything as long as they are doing their job. Gar bring players, Thibs manage their minutes. If Gar don't like how Thibs extend players minutes, they should have gotten a new coach now. If Thibs think Gar is giving him a patched-up roster, he'll just simply run the starters to the ground all season.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash

Derrick Rose's return could help mend fracturing Bulls

With so much distrust and downright disdain between the Bulls' front office and coach, the ripples of Rose's resounding return on Saturday night ought to remind general manager Gar Forman and coach Tom Thibodeau of the stakes of surviving the organization's power struggle.
    As Rose returns to the Bulls after missing a full season, his most important teammate Luol Deng is privately disappointed over the franchise's unwillingness to engage him in serious contract discussions. Deng could leave as a free agent this summer, could be traded before the February deadline everything is so unsettled over his future.
    If Thibodeau had been convinced that his GM was usurping the coach's influence without a signed deal, he knew the finalizing of his contract would move him further to the mercy of the GM.
    "It is a toxic relationship that I believe will ultimately derail them," one NBA coaching source with close ties to Thibodeau and Forman warned.http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--de...081117937.html

vCash

vCash
    deja vu all over again lets win 3 rings in spite of Gar!

vCash
    I'm not sure what the point is in rehashing this? It's like Woj found nothing else to write about and just decided to write essentially the same article, but this time including Derrick Rose.

The relationship probably isn't great, but I would hope Jerry & Pax are smart enough to not run the best coach we've had since Phil out of town...that'd be an easy way to piss off an entire fanbase and your Superstar (probably the rest of the team too). I don't expect it to ever get to that point anyway because we'll be a very good/Championship caliber team as long as both Thibs & Derrick are in Chicago.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 10-06-2013 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    Formula of gaining internet hits:

Old Article + D.Rose Tag = Internet Hits
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?u=209452&type=sigpic&dateline=1385118807

vCash
    Honestly Thibs can be my GM, AGM, VP, whatever....I don't have faith in Garpax anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Honestly Thibs can be my GM, AGM, VP, whatever....I don't have faith in Garpax anymore.
    I do wonder how much control Thibs has in that draft room. You can't really say you don't have faith in GARPAX without really knowing what they do. I do really like how they have drafted since 2009 outside of James Johnson they have really stepped it up. Noah, Rose, Gibson, Butler, Mirotic, Teague, Snell, Murphy time will tell with the last 4 but you have to like the talent they all have. Noah might have been just pure luck I'm not sure how many people though he'd actually be as good as he is right now but credit has to be given to those guys. Thibs wasn't around for majority for all these guys he's just brought their game up to a different level. But you started to see the talent when the Hair was here.

Also look at Hinrich, Deng, Ben Gordon, and hell even Tyrus Thomas and James Johnson all brought something to this team. Now with James Johnson it got us Mirotic even though we had to make other trades to get him but that draft pick was apart of it. Tyrus Thomas future will tell but if the Bobcats continue to suck you could be looking at a top 5 draft pick when it's all said and done.

I think as far as the future GARPAX have put us in a really good position now can they bring us another star in the future? That will be probably the biggest question but you could also get a star from CHA pick just hope they get a legit guy before that and add him to the mix to have a dynasty.
    Last edited by Rndy; 10-08-2013 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    For what reason exactly? And seriously, Thibs has yet to show the ability to scout players. Could he be good at it? Sure... but right now we can only be certain that he's good at getting the best out of players already given to him.