Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Fix the Top payroll teams.

That missed the playoffs.... What moves can be made to make them a contender?

Phillies/Angels/Yankees/Giants and so on

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Angels need pitching.

Thankfully no one else in baseball ever needs pitching, so it should be easy to find.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Angels need pitching.

Thankfully no one else in baseball ever needs pitching, so it should be easy to find.
    Same for the Jays, looks like its just the two of those teams that need pitching.

vCash
    They all need to get better

vCash
    Giants need run producers. More guys who can hit with RISP is def Priority #1 imo. need to get better in other areas too though.

vCash
    Angels - Get those guys healthy. They're not a crazy old team or anything, and obviously the roster is loaded with talent. Bad year really, BUT I think they could use a quality start (ya rly). Phil Hughes would be a good gamble for them as they have a decent pitcher's park and he has the pre-req quality stuff. Next year probably have Richards in the rotation full time. Add a quality arm or three and hope that lineup hits.

Yankees - Next year is probably going to suck. Not sure they can do what the Red Sox did and add some quality veterans people feel done with in FA. Hell, two of those candidates - Hughes and Chamberlain - are probably better off not being Yankees anymore. Both have the talent to be good players in the league but right now it's rough to see it as Yankees.

Phillies would be better off grabbing Ellsbury or Choo and maybe going after Garza, but I'm sure the cry will be to rebuild. They have a little less than 120 committed in 2014, 50+ million off their 2012 payroll. Hamels still in his prime, Lee still going strong, Brown had a good year and is cheap...Get Howard and Utley to stay on the field and see what happens. Also, trade Jesse Biddle to the Cubs for cheap.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 10-05-2013 at 07:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Angels - Get those guys healthy. They're not a crazy old team or anything, and obviously the roster is loaded with talent. Bad year really, BUT I think they could use a quality start (ya rly). Phil Hughes would be a good gamble for them as they have a decent pitcher's park and he has the pre-req quality stuff. Next year probably have Richards in the rotation full time. Add a quality arm or three and hope that lineup hits.

Yankees - Next year is probably going to suck. Not sure they can do what the Red Sox did and add some quality veterans people feel done with in FA. Hell, two of those candidates - Hughes and Chamberlain - are probably better off not being Yankees anymore. Both have the talent to be good players in the league but right now it's rough to see it as Yankees.
    I think Richards is overrated, but I did think about Hughes for next year myself, yeah.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I think Richards is overrated, but I did think about Hughes for next year myself, yeah.
    I just figured a Hughes signing would push him into a more appropriate BOR role that he can grow from. Assuming he's bound to be a TOR guy would make him overrated, but the process from bullpen to back of the rotation arm makes more sense than bullpen to TOR starter. If he does well he does well, if not then hopefully he's giving quality BOR type innings with a better fastball than they might get by buying a BOR FA.

Hughes is a guy I could see thriving in one of the West Coast ball parks.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 10-05-2013 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Nothing to specific with the Cubs. Can't think of another team that is going to have as many avenues when it comes to adding talent like they are going to have going forth. Some of the game's best prosppects coming from their farm and using the tremendous depth they have to trade for multiple all star caliber players. Not to mention the vast amount of freed up cash that they possess and the ability to add multiple impact pieces through free agency. No other team is gonna have the ability to get that good and that fast like the Cubs are. Playoffs by 2015 and dominance by 2016. Can't wait.

vCash
    The Cubs need high quality major league talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarley91 View Post
    Nothing to specific with the Cubs. Can't think of another team that is going to have as many avenues when it comes to adding talent like they are going to have going forth. Some of the game's best prosppects coming from their farm and using the tremendous depth they have to trade for multiple all star caliber players. Not to mention the vast amount of freed up cash that they possess and the ability to add multiple impact pieces through free agency. No other team is gonna have the ability to get that good and that fast like the Cubs are. Playoffs by 2015 and dominance by 2016. Can't wait.
    Yeah we'll see

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    Yeah we'll see
    Word. I'm thinking playoffs 2014.

vCash

vCash
    I will be betting good money the Cubs are not in the playoffs in 2014.

vCash
    Cool. I'll be betting good money that they are.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast