Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    vCash
    This is easy...

Henry Hynoski hands down is the goat.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Defense - Lawrence Taylor

Offense - possibly Larry Allen. The guy is the main reason E. Smith had such a great career.
    That is straight false.

Larry Allens first season was in 1994.

Here are Emmitt's seasons before Larry Allen:

1990: 937 yds, 11 TDs, 3.9 YPC (Rookie year)
    1991: 1,563 yds, 12 TDs, 4.2 YPC
    1992: 1,713 Yds, 18 TDs, 4.6 YPC
    1993: 1,486 Yds, 9 TDs, 5.3 YPC (in 14 games)

The bolded stats are ones he led the league in. You'll notice he led the league in Yds 3 straight years, and even led the league in YPC.

That was all before Larry Allen ever blocked a down for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    To me, it's Jerry Rice.

But if I allow the homer in me to speak for once, it's Ray Lewis! (Yes, I know he isn't the GOAT football player, but as I said, let me be a homer just a bit!)

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Lawrence Taylor, but if I'm feeling like a homer then Walter Payton.

vCash
    No doubt in my mind it is Julius Peppers!

1. Julius Peppers
    2. Reggie White
    3. Joe Montana
    4. Lawrence Taylor
    5. Jerry Rice

vCash
    I'd go with Jerry Rice. He's the only player that stats definitively back up as the GOAT. Hardest workouts and greatest route runner. 3-4 DB's could cover this guy and he would still get open.

Walter Payton is another guy you can argue as the best as well.

vCash
    Moss or Dan Marino for me. On defense hard to argue against LT.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video
    You thought Cassel was winning my starting job? Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    And if all you did was list numbers, delete your account and try a new hobby.
    LOL this thread is 5 years old and most of the people dont post anymore or are banned...

vCash
    Jerry Rice

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That is straight false.

Larry Allens first season was in 1994.

Here are Emmitt's seasons before Larry Allen:

1990: 937 yds, 11 TDs, 3.9 YPC (Rookie year)
    1991: 1,563 yds, 12 TDs, 4.2 YPC
    1992: 1,713 Yds, 18 TDs, 4.6 YPC
    1993: 1,486 Yds, 9 TDs, 5.3 YPC (in 14 games)

The bolded stats are ones he led the league in. You'll notice he led the league in Yds 3 straight years, and even led the league in YPC.

That was all before Larry Allen ever blocked a down for him.
    IT's not false at all. The Cowboys OL was the best in the NFL during the years you mentioned. With the cap and other issues, the Cowboys lost most of that OL. When Allen arrived, Smith rod the coattails of his blocks and prolonged his career much farther than any back of his size usually lasts in the NFL. Smith likely would have been finished without Allen who, IMO, prolonged Smith's career.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Lawrence Taylor, but if I'm feeling like a homer then Walter Payton.
    You're not being a homer although some may accuse you of being one. We've never seen anything like Taylor.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    IT's not false at all. The Cowboys OL was the best in the NFL during the years you mentioned. With the cap and other issues, the Cowboys lost most of that OL. When Allen arrived, Smith rod the coattails of his blocks and prolonged his career much farther than any back of his size usually lasts in the NFL. Smith likely would have been finished without Allen who, IMO, prolonged Smith's career.
    Saying "He owes his career to Larry Allen" and "Larry prolonged Smith's career" are two very different things.

Emmitt would've been great had Larry Allen never set foot in a Cowboys uni. And as for the prolonged part, I think he, like every offensive linemen ever, had some effect on Emmitt's longevity and ability, but it wasn't drastically more than most other HBs.

His last year getting 1,000 Yds was when he was 32. He averaged 3.9 YPC that year. He declined like every other HB, it was just about a year later than normal.

If you count only his yards and TDs up until he was 32 (essentially take off the garbage stats he accumulated while sucking his last few years in Dallas and Arizona) he still would have 16,187 yds and 148 TDs, which would place him 2nd and 1st in NFL history, respectively.

He was great because he was a great HB, not because his offensive line were greek gods compared to every other O-line in history. As I posted on this site before, pretty much all of the Lineman Emmitt ran behind had never went to Pro-Bowls prior to Emmitt coming along, and many had been in the NFL for awhile at that point. Similarly, most failed to go to any Pro-Bowls after they ceased playing with Emmitt.

You can attribute that to a wacky coincidence or you can believe that the greatness of the Cowboys Running game was equal parts Emmitt and equal parts the Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Joe Montana

vCash
    The Real L.T.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You can attribute that to a wacky coincidence or you can believe that the greatness of the Cowboys Running game was equal parts Emmitt and equal parts the Line.
    I thought this topic as gone but my illiterate stalker returned (not you)

Smith has the best OL I've ever seen prior to 1994. When Allen arrived, the OL was losing players to the cap and the amazing Eric Williams lost a lot of his amazement after his accident. Smith ran behind Allen for basically the rest of his career. Without that great OL, Smith wasn't going to come close to the all-time rushing title and without Allen, I doubt he lasts as long as he did.

Larry Allen was great and I stick by opinion that he might be the best offensive player of all-time. Afterall, "He was instrumental in helping former Dallas running back, Emmitt Smith, sprint towards the all-time NFL rushing record -- Smith gained 11,463 of his 17,162 career yards with Dallas after Allen joined the Cowboys in 1994"

Good debate and at least you handle yourself better than my illiterate stalker.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415