Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Non-distraction Moss or Rice?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Randy Moss

14 33.33%
  • Jerry Rice

28 66.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If Randy Moss was never a distraction...

If Randy Moss was never a distraction, like he just went about his business in a professional way throughout his entire career, would you take him over Jerry Rice? No other changes, his work ethic doesn't change, his talent doesn't increase or decrease, no injuries develop or go away, if he was just a decent teammate (not a leader or teammate on Rice's level, just decent), would you rather have him than Rice? By the way, assume that the rest of the team, the coaches and everything else is the same, you're either getting Jerry Rice or a non-distracting Moss.

Jerry Rice

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    no... randy moss at least unlike T.O and Chad Johnson Matured.. A LITTLE bit as he went on.. but thats not the point.. being a diva or not really doesnt make much of a difference.. Randy Moss is one of the greatest receivers of all time.. but Jerry Rice is the best... no doubt
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Jerry Rice. Randy never played to his full potential.

jerry rice is the greatest WR of all time....even if moss wasnt a distrction it doesnt make jerry rice a lesser wr

subroc Guest
    He, Moss, is a he!! of a player. It would have been nice to see him as a guy that wasn't a distraction. I don't know what he will do for the rest of this year. But, over his career I expect his TD #s would have been higher. One of the years in Oakland he was injured. It really is hard to quantify coulda/woulda/shoulda.

As a point of comparison Rice had 15 league leading performances over his career. Moss had 5.

The era was different, but if I was the owner of a franchise and would own it from the 1980s through today, and in 1985 you told me I could have Jerry Rice now or Randy Moss in 1998 who would I take? I would take Jerry Rice without hesitation.

Rice:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...R/RiceJe00.htm

Moss:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...M/MossRa00.htm
    Last edited by subroc; 09-26-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Damn didn't know this would be so one sided, thought someone would argue for Moss' talent.

Moss was FAR more athletic than Jerry Rice. But Jerry worked to be the best. Randy could have with out a doubt gone down as the greatest receiver ever, he just didn't work at it though. It's just hard to say how much better Moss could have been knowing he's already as great as he is. Jerry Rice is just on a level of his own
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

subroc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Damn didn't know this would be so one sided, thought someone would argue for Moss' talent.
    Well, you are asking a question that takes a guy who is considered the greatest football player of all time and diminish his accomplishment based on a hypothetical. I expect it is hard to cross that line for most people.

randy moss is a top 5 of all time wide reciever

beside MAYBE jim brown...jerry rice is the best football player of all time
    ....coooookie

subroc Guest
    NFL, Top 100, the greatest player of all-time at # 1, Jerry Rice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Op-VU_JiG8

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Well, you are asking a question that takes a guy who is considered the greatest football player of all time and diminish his accomplishment based on a hypothetical. I expect it is hard to cross that line for most people.
    True, but I'm of the opinion that if Moss would have just shut up and played he had the potential to be the best football player of all time. It's an interesting hypothetical, would have thought more people would have agreed.

i cant imagine moss playing anymore seasons after this year. can barely get on the field in SF.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

IF Moss had rice's personality AND work ethic...He would have gone down as the best WR of all time imo.

He had more natural ability imo

Rice
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast