Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash

Wheres the Pressure (Pass rush)

I have watched every game this season and there is something that seems to be missing to me, one thing that we have had for years, and that is our pass rush. We are not getting much pressure on the QB and when we have, its been coming via the bitz, something we used to rarely do. I dont mind brining the blitz but is it because we cant get pressure any other way. through 4 games we have 6 sacks, which is a sad number considering that here are some players with 7+ sacks at this point, our Leading Pass rusher bassed on sacks is our LB, DJ William,who leads the team with two. Where did our pass rush from last year go. I understand the Melton is now out, but he wasnt exactly forcing any big plays from what I had seen of him. is the loss of Hot Rod what it is or is our pass rush just off to a slow start.

as well, I beleive most would agree with me that the cover two we run, is bassed off the pass rush, not allowing QBs to find the holes, and exploit them, I understand we have begun to run a more hybrid scheme with tilman and Jenings steping up huge, but still, if we cant get pressure on the QB, our defense is not as good as last year.

So, for you fellow Bears fans, where is the problem. is it the loss of Melton, Peppers getting Older, Shea not being ready, Wooton regressing, loss of Idonije, Loss of our Coaching staff. some type of combo, or is is something differnt.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Wootton regressing?

We played 3 really good O lines. We also lost Hot Rod.

There's your answer. STFU about the pass rush at this point. Either they'll figure it out in the next few weeks, or we'll just have to rely on our back 7.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Wootton regressing?

We played 3 really good O lines. We also lost Hot Rod.

There's your answer. STFU about the pass rush at this point. Either they'll figure it out in the next few weeks, or we'll just have to rely on our back 7.
    I didnt say that Wooton has regressed I was asking if that could be a reason, as far as Us playing 3 really good O lines I disagree with that. the Bengles, the Lions, the Steelers all have what I would consider average if not bad O lines. Bengles run the ball well, but in terms of pass protection that are average at best, LIons have had tons of issues holding Stafford up. the Steelers O line is full of replacement players, The Vikings O line is the best we have faced and their QB Sucks ***, so we should have more pressure than we have gotten.

we have also been blitzing more, which may be because we cant generate the pressure with the front four, do you really think hod rod's play calling had so much to do with it ????

and as far as telling me to STFU about it, we are a quater of the way into the season and i havnt seen improvement since game one, it is a valid question, not like I asked it after the first game. so im not sure i understand your harsh attitued twoards the question, as it does seem like a valid one.

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    I believe it is a combination of things. For one I have seen a few times the DE diving inside so the LB or S could rush and not get there. The QBs we've played seemed to have gotten rid of the ball quick, except for Ben. We got there on Ben, but couldn't take him down.

I think we can get better, but the philosophy has to change back to letting our front four rush and let the back seven cover while being in position to stop the quick slants.

We need a good interior rush. Melton not playing well the first two games hurt us and now he is out totally. Collins nor Paea will get more than 4 sacks. I don't know if we can find anyone at this point to give us that interior rush. Man, how I wish Okoye would have came back and played at his '11 level for us.

I would like to see more Cover 2 without the blitzes. Maybe Peppers, Wootten, and McClellin can get the edge pressure quickly while Paea and Collins can push the pocket. Frankly though, neither Paea nor Collins are very good at the 3 technique. We need to make a trade for better talent and more depth at the DT position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    I believe it is a combination of things. For one I have seen a few times the DE diving inside so the LB or S could rush and not get there. The QBs we've played seemed to have gotten rid of the ball quick, except for Ben. We got there on Ben, but couldn't take him down.

I think we can get better, but the philosophy has to change back to letting our front four rush and let the back seven cover while being in position to stop the quick slants.

We need a good interior rush. Melton not playing well the first two games hurt us and now he is out totally. Collins nor Paea will get more than 4 sacks. I don't know if we can find anyone at this point to give us that interior rush. Man, how I wish Okoye would have came back and played at his '11 level for us.

I would like to see more Cover 2 without the blitzes. Maybe Peppers, Wootten, and McClellin can get the edge pressure quickly while Paea and Collins can push the pocket. Frankly though, neither Paea nor Collins are very good at the 3 technique. We need to make a trade for better talent and more depth at the DT position.
    Thing is there's probably no one available that would make a difference atm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I didnt say that Wooton has regressed I was asking if that could be a reason, as far as Us playing 3 really good O lines I disagree with that. the Bengles, the Lions, the Steelers all have what I would consider average if not bad O lines. Bengles run the ball well, but in terms of pass protection that are average at best, LIons have had tons of issues holding Stafford up. the Steelers O line is full of replacement players, The Vikings O line is the best we have faced and their QB Sucks ***, so we should have more pressure than we have gotten.

we have also been blitzing more, which may be because we cant generate the pressure with the front four, do you really think hod rod's play calling had so much to do with it ????

and as far as telling me to STFU about it, we are a quater of the way into the season and i havnt seen improvement since game one, it is a valid question, not like I asked it after the first game. so im not sure i understand your harsh attitued twoards the question, as it does seem like a valid one.
    I just made a bet with Debo in pm's, he doesn't believe that you're drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Very true! Whatever happened to Okoye anyway? Did he retire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooper View Post
    I just made a bet with Debo in pm's, he doesn't believe that you're drunk.
    People have *****ed about my spelling for years on here, I know its bad but im not writing a god damn business letter, and seeing as you were able to understand what I was saying anyway, you can be a grammar Nazi if you wish, but this is a god damn sports website, not a Professional business atmosphere.

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash

vCash
    People have *****ed about my spelling for years on here, I know its bad but im not writing a god damn business letter, and seeing as you were able to understand what I was saying anyway, you can be a grammar Nazi if you wish, but this is a god damn sports website, not a Professional business atmosphere.
    You could still try to spell like you're not best friends with cromagnon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Okoye's the only one i can think of who is a legitimate option...and we passed on him.

We're stuck with what we have, and our DL just needs to figure their **** out. That all can change quickly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Okoye's the only one i can think of who is a legitimate option...and we passed on him.

We're stuck with what we have, and our DL just needs to figure their **** out. That all can change quickly.
    Richard Seymore would not be a bad name to go after. i heard he is asking for too much, typicaly a 3/4 DE, but i think as a 4/3 UT he could service very well. too bad. sedrick Ellis didnt work out OK.

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    The good news is that there is still time to fix the problems of the D line pressure. A lot of the players remain the same from last year when they were pretty good.

vCash
    Richard Seymore would not be a bad name to go after. i heard he is asking for too much, typicaly a 3/4 DE, but i think as a 4/3 UT he could service very well. too bad. sedrick Ellis didnt work out OK.
    Seymour's content with not playing if he doesn't get like $10mil/year. I like Seymour, but he has too much pride to play for a lower contract.

And yeah, the Ellis mistake isn't surprising. He was a huge disappointment in his career that just never could figure out how to be effective.

vCash
    I think with all these injuries to our DT now, i could see Peppers moving inside, i dont think he has the same impact outside now anyway.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast