Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Harvey will have TJ surgery; out 2014

Matt Harvey has elected to have Tommy John surgery on his torn ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow, according to SNY.

The surgery will cause him to miss the entire 2014 season.

“After further consultation with doctors, Mets pitcher Matt Harvey has elected to have surgery to repair a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow,” the Mets announced in a statement.

Dr. James Andrews will preform the surgery later the month, the team said.

Tommy John surgery usually takes a full calendar year to recover from, which will set Harvey up to return with enough time for spring training heading into the 2015 season.
    -metsblog

This is still feels like such a low blow. Just when things were really looking to be in full swing. Really sad, he would have been such a huge part to this organization. Who knows now.

vCash
    I think he regains form in 2015. I'm just glad he didnt pitch next season for a month and then realize he needs it and then would have to miss time in 2015 ya know?
    #oneatatime

vCash
    So depressing...

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
    I think he regains form in 2015. I'm just glad he didnt pitch next season for a month and then realize he needs it and then would have to miss time in 2015 ya know?
    I know what you mean, but im not sold he's back to his old self in 2015...look at Strasburgh, both of these young arms had some of the most electrifying stuff of all time, they can still be really goof after injury, but as the case with Stras, it's fair to say that some action is lost just because the body cant handle it.

This decision is probably for the best, but Matt Harvey was the Mets in 2013. It ****ing sucks that you wont be able to watch him pitch, because watching him was a treat I never witnessed anything like in baseball.

vCash
    It is the right decision. At least there is now a timetable for recovery and return. The plan of rehabbing and praying for the best really seemed like a disaster waiting to happen - holding your breath with each pitch.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I hardly remember him already.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Why can't he have one good thing?! Just one!!!!!!!

vCash
    Wow. I expected to come in here and see people cheering that he was having the surgery now rather than putting it off any further. What would you have preferred, having him blow his arm out in ST and maybe set him back until August 2015?

This is good news, He's getting it done. He'll be back as good as new.

The depressing news was hearing about the injury in the first place. Now he's getting it taken care of.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Wow. I expected to come in here and see people cheering that he was having the surgery now rather than putting it off any further. What would you have preferred, having him blow his arm out in ST and maybe set him back until August 2015?

The depressing news was hearing about the injury in the first place. Now he's getting it taken care of.
    That's not a certainty. But, like you said, at least he's taking care of it. The injury itself is really deflating. Finally have this foundation with great young pitching and the best of the bunch has a serious injury before he even scratches the surface of his potential. It just blows.

vCash

Agreed. I think this is the best news to come out since the injury. Also, this should make SA spend on a decent pitcher this offseason.. Maybe Lincecum on a 2-year deal?
    #oneatatime

vCash

Harvey will have TJ surgery; out 2014

I wish Matt a speedy recovery.

Now let's hope Wheeler steps up.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash

I absolutely agree with you. But on the other hand, the Mets as a team are basically just David Wright, Matt Harvey and some guys. That was bad enough.

Now they are just David Wright and some guys. With the Wilpons and Sandy at the helm, we'll probably end up punting again in 2014... they're already setting us up for that. That's why this sucks so much. Harvey down, not much help on the way.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    It's the right thing to do. Now get a SP.

vCash
    Best and worst news.

Glad he's getting the surgery.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Happy he went this route, good news. Atleast now we know he'll be ready to go on opening day in 2015 instead of keeping our fingers cross everytime he throws a pitch. We still will have a very good rotation in 2014 with Wheeler, Niese, and Gee. Montero and Mejia are also 2 strong candidates to make the rotation out of spring training and possibly be apart of this rotation for years to come and we also have one of the best pitching prospects in the world in Noah Syndergaard who might actually turn out to be the cream of the crop. I have faith Harvey will make a strong recovery in 2015, someone mentioned Strasburg having the surgery and look at him. We should push to sign one of Kazmir, Arroyo, Lincencum, or Hughes for the short term and we'll be set.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast