Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pujols sues Jack Clark over steroid allegations

Former Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols is suing former Cardinals star Jack Clark over comments Clark made accusing Pujols of using steroids.

The suit was filed Friday in St. Louis County.

On Aug. 2, Clark said during his The King and the Ripper radio program on WGNU 920 AM that he knew "for a fact" that Pujols was "a juicer," using steroids and performance enhancing drugs.

Clark's statements are lies that have damaged Pujols' reputation, causing him personal humiliation, mental anguish and anxiety, the suit says.
    http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...75b176042.html

I wonder if Pujols will win his case. If he does, can other people be sued for the same thing?
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Really? There was always speculation even before Clark opened his mouth. Clark was just stating the obvious. It's hard to tell if he did them but I would have to say he didn't. He's regressing like someone his age would without the use of PED's but maybe he's off them now since MLB is coming down hard.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Really? There was always speculation even before Clark opened his mouth. Clark was just stating the obvious. It's hard to tell if he did them but I would have to say he didn't. He's regressing like someone his age would without the use of PED's but maybe he's off them now since MLB is coming down hard.

There's a difference between speculation and stating something as fact.

vCash

You contradict yourself -- on one hand, you say it's obvious; then you say it's hard to tell if Pujols juiced.

If it's hard to tell, then it isn't obvious.

vCash

Pujols sues Jack Clark over steroid allegations

Is there really a need to file a suit over this? Pretty lame if you ask me, even if what Clark was saying isn't true.

vCash
    Clark said he DID take them.

It's one thing to speculate and discuss openly.

It's another thing to slander with intent or knowledge.

Clark didn't KNOW if Pujols ever took anything or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    There's a difference between speculation and stating something as fact.
    Bingo

Good for Pujols, guess we will see if Clark really "knows for a fact." People should be held accountable for what they say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Clark said he DID take them.

It's one thing to speculate and discuss openly.

It's another thing to slander with intent or knowledge.

Clark didn't KNOW if Pujols ever took anything or not.
    Did Clark retract?

Otherwise, That is your speculation atm. Maybe Clark does know.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Pujols got an apology yesterday.

A St. Louis sports radio outfit aired a lengthy apology on WGNU 920 AM this morning for a high-profile incident in August when former Cardinals star Jack Clark accused former Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols of using steroids.

The apology and retraction by insideStl Enterprises owner Tim McKernan seemed particularly aimed at staving off potential litigation. Pujols had said he planned to sue Clark and others for his comments.
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...e110bf0c5.html

No word from Jack Clark, though.
    Last edited by redbird89; 10-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Pujols claims the allegations because him mental anguish and anxiety? I doubt that would happen if he didn't actually take steroids.

vCash
    Mental anguish seems to be common language in lawsuits. I wouldn't read that much into it.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giants73756:27146625
    Pujols claims the allegations because him mental anguish and anxiety? I doubt that would happen if he didn't actually take steroids.
    What makes you say that. If someone accused you of rape and you didn't, does that mean it wouldn't cause you mental anguish?

From that point forward you would be thought of as a rapist, even if completely untrue.

The mere mention of an athletes name with steroids is crushing to their image and thus their brand. Good for Pujols.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird89:27146974
    Mental anguish seems to be common language in lawsuits. I wouldn't read that much into it.
    Yeah I'm sure you're right.

vCash
    Oh yeah. I'm sure Pujols just couldn't sleep at night because of Mr. Clark. What a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    What makes you say that. If someone accused you of rape and you didn't, does that mean it wouldn't cause you mental anguish?

From that point forward you would be thought of as a rapist, even if completely untrue.

The mere mention of an athletes name with steroids is crushing to their image and thus their brand. Good for Pujols.
    So could I sue someone for saying that?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast