Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Offseason Talking Place

It doesnt start for about another month but we can begin the rosterbating

vCash
    Go Seahawks.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Go Hawks.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    #GoHawks

vCash
    Masahiro Tanaka and Jose Abreu

vCash
    Kendrys is expected to reject our QO. Rejoice!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...lifying-offer/

Morales will turn down the qualifying offer, as he’d expect to hit it much bigger in a market flush with cash but bereft of power … The qualifying offer is expected to be about $13.8 million. MLB.com first reported the Mariners are likely to extend the offer.
    I think it’s kind of nuts that the Mariners were going to extend a qualifying offer to Morales. But hey, if they want to keep him, sure. I think it’s a bit more nuts for Morales to reject it.

Yes, he has some power. But he’s basically a DH who is 30 years-old. Those are the sorts of guys who we tend to write “[Player X] still looking to latch on someplace” posts about in late January.

Morales lost untold millions when he broke his ankle and missed two years after a home run celebration. I feel like he’s going to cost himself more millions by putting himself out on the market rather than guaranteeing himself nearly $14 million this winter.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    im pretty sure i heard Z say they will still pursue him if he turns down offer.

i think BOS is going to resign napoli which will be a relief. hes such a perfect fit there, hes been awesome even in playoffs and is a big part of their culture.

there is not a big market for kendrys. i could see CWS with konerko and dunn prolly retiring. maybe TX, NYY. they all have to give up a pick too right? ill bet hes back on a multi yr deal. i hope they are very shrewd about it tho. we could always choose to let him walk, take the pick and sign 2 OFers, or abreau and a OFer and we wont miss kendrys at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    im pretty sure i heard Z say they will still pursue him if he turns down offer.

i think BOS is going to resign napoli which will be a relief. hes such a perfect fit there, hes been awesome even in playoffs and is a big part of their culture.

there is not a big market for kendrys. i could see CWS with konerko and dunn prolly retiring. maybe TX, NYY. they all have to give up a pick too right? ill bet hes back on a multi yr deal. i hope they are very shrewd about it tho. we could always choose to let him walk, take the pick and sign 2 OFers, or abreau and a OFer and we wont miss kendrys at all.
    I'd rather get the pick than sign him to a bigish deal.

All depends on the contract though. He's one guy I'm not willing to overpay.

vCash
    #JoseAbreuorbust

vCash
    Time to take some risks.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/10/...-free-agency-r

rosenthal reporting we will break the bank for ellsbury. i love ellsbury. he might be Boston's MVP and they are a favorite for the WS. but his power in 2011 was a fluke and you cant ignore the past injury. giving a 30 yr old table setter 120mil+ just doesnt seem smart. nearly identical to the mistake BOS made a couple years ago with crawford.

vCash
    id rather offer Beltran 2 years 15 per and Granderson 2 years a ~10ish per then offer Ellsbury a contract we will end up regretting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    id rather offer Beltran 2 years 15 per and Granderson 2 years a ~10ish per then offer Ellsbury a contract we will end up regretting
    totally. i want to spread the $ around. i hope his NW roots are not in the reasoning, i hate that ish. i have a strong feeling the RH bat we need in the OF is going to be guti.

also, i yes on abreau. kendrys and abreau are both from cuba. abreau much greater legacy, more talented, 4 yrs younger pursue him instead. let kendrys come crawling back.

vCash
    geez how could we possibly justify giving ells 20mil when hes in his mid 30s? i sure hope that report is wrong.

vCash
    Beltran and Abreu.

I've always looooved Beltran. I think he turns 37, and he might want to be on a contender more.... Then again he might just want to make as much money as he can before he ends his career
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast