Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500

    A reason for hope

    If the Giants win Sunday, which I believe they will, and the Broncos beat the Cowboys, which is a near certainty, the Giants will be one game out of first place.

    The season is long. The NFC East is awful. These Giants are credentialed miracle workers. Let's keep our heads up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,246
    vCash
    1500
    Why is the broncos winning Sunday a sure thing? Like 1998 when the 13-0 broncos were suppose to destroyed The Giants? Or a 18-0 Pats team etc. nothing is giving, the cowboys can easily beat the Broncos just like the broncos can easily beat the Cowboys...

    An I hope you know we might go into Sunday with half of our starters on both sides of the ball.




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,751
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Why is the broncos winning Sunday a sure thing? Like 1998 when the 13-0 broncos were suppose to destroyed The Giants? Or a 18-0 Pats team etc. nothing is giving, the cowboys can easily beat the Broncos just like the broncos can easily beat the Cowboys...

    An I hope you know we might go into Sunday with half of our starters on both sides of the ball.
    Just trying to see the bright side... Jeez, man. Smoke a joint, chill out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    Just trying to see the bright side... Jeez, man. Smoke a joint, chill out.
    Agreed. A little dose of optimism never hurt anyone.

    I can't imagine Dallas's porous secondary slowing down Manning on Sunday. They can put up a bunch of points on the right day, so it could be closer than the last few Denver games, but in the end I don't think they can finish strong enough to keep up and win.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    BX ,NYC
    Posts
    407
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremiahWing View Post
    If the Giants win Sunday, which I believe they will, and the Broncos beat the Cowboys, which is a near certainty, the Giants will be one game out of first place.

    The season is long. The NFC East is awful. These Giants are credentialed miracle workers. Let's keep our heads up.
    We would be two games out from 1st in the East if we beat Philly and Denver kills Dallas. If Dallas loses this week and next week and we win this week and next week, that would bring our record to 2-4 and Dallas's record would be also 2-4. Since we lost to Dallas, they would remain in the higher seat (first place in the East). Us winning two games after beating Philly, and Dallas losing their next 3 games would result in us being top dawgs in the East. We just have to make it happen!

    My 2014 NYG Draft picks
    1st: David Yankey, G/OT (or) La'el Collins, G/OT (or) Cyril Richardson, OT/G
    2nd: Kelvin Benjamin, WR (or) Brandon Coleman, WR (or) Jordan Matthews, WR
    3rd: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE (or) C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE
    4th: Kyle Fuller, CB (or) Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB (or) Dontae Johnson, CB
    5th: Weston Richburg, C (or) Tyler Larsen, C
    6th: James Gayle, DE/OLB (or) Jackson Jeffcoat, DE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by true2bigblue View Post
    We would be two games out from 1st in the East if we beat Philly and Denver kills Dallas.
    Nope. We're 0-4, they're 2-2. If we win and they lose this week, we're 1-4 and they're 2-3......we'd be one game out of first.

    Not that that is something to brag about in this miserable division. Realistically, we need to string together a ridiculous streak right now of 6 games or so to really be considered a legit team again. Don't see it happening.

    I think we win the next 3 of 4, tank again and then rally to an 8-8 or 7-9 finish. I dunno....anything can happen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    BX ,NYC
    Posts
    407
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Nope. We're 0-4, they're 2-2. If we win and they lose this week, we're 1-4 and they're 2-3......we'd be one game out of first.

    Not that that is something to brag about in this miserable division. Realistically, we need to string together a ridiculous streak right now of 6 games or so to really be considered a legit team again. Don't see it happening.

    I think we win the next 3 of 4, tank again and then rally to an 8-8 or 7-9 finish. I dunno....anything can happen.
    Even looking at it for just next week's stand point, we still wouldn't be one game out. Winning one game after this week would give us the same record as Dallas (assuming they lose twice). We win this week and next, we're 2-4. Dallas loses this week and next, they're 2-4. We both would have have one win in the division, but, because Dallas has that division win on us, we couldn't take their spot with equal 2-4 records. Thus, after we win and they lose, we are two games out.

    My 2014 NYG Draft picks
    1st: David Yankey, G/OT (or) La'el Collins, G/OT (or) Cyril Richardson, OT/G
    2nd: Kelvin Benjamin, WR (or) Brandon Coleman, WR (or) Jordan Matthews, WR
    3rd: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE (or) C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE
    4th: Kyle Fuller, CB (or) Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB (or) Dontae Johnson, CB
    5th: Weston Richburg, C (or) Tyler Larsen, C
    6th: James Gayle, DE/OLB (or) Jackson Jeffcoat, DE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by true2bigblue View Post
    Even looking at it for just next week's stand point, we still wouldn't be one game out. Winning one game after this week would give us the same record as Dallas (assuming they lose twice). We win this week and next, we're 2-4. Dallas loses this week and next, they're 2-4. We both would have have one win in the division, but, because Dallas has that division win on us, we couldn't take their spot with equal 2-4 records. Thus, after we win and they lose, we are two games out.
    Ok you're getting all technical with tie-breakers and killing our mojo.....I get it now.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    BX ,NYC
    Posts
    407
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Ok you're getting all technical with tie-breakers and killing our mojo.....I get it now.

    My 2014 NYG Draft picks
    1st: David Yankey, G/OT (or) La'el Collins, G/OT (or) Cyril Richardson, OT/G
    2nd: Kelvin Benjamin, WR (or) Brandon Coleman, WR (or) Jordan Matthews, WR
    3rd: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE (or) C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE
    4th: Kyle Fuller, CB (or) Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB (or) Dontae Johnson, CB
    5th: Weston Richburg, C (or) Tyler Larsen, C
    6th: James Gayle, DE/OLB (or) Jackson Jeffcoat, DE

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    1500
    I think we could win we always play good against a NFC rival

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,246
    vCash
    1500
    Still a reason of hope? 0-5




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,952
    vCash
    1500
    Since this was based on our winning and Dallas losing and half of that is now gone, I'm closing....no point. If anyone sees reason for another optimist thread, go for it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •