Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Whose fault is it anyway?

Wow, watchin “more-than” & “Norm” argue the intricacies of what if in the below River flowing thread
    - What if the QB… - What if the W did…
    I consider those two of the most intelligent posters around here and would pay good money to hear them both argue Polytheism for a while, but sheeeeh… Who the hell knows.

It reminds me, something that’s bothered me for a while, every time I watch a QB I really like, Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, I wince watching a ball bounce of a jumping lineman, a CB etc. and get intercepted. All interceptions are automatically rated against the QB… is this fair?

Eg. In the Texans game Philip Rivers threw to Danny Woodhead. Texans LB Channing made a great play, jumped the route and intercepted it. – QB interception I agree.

In the Dallas game, PR made a downfield pass, a Dallas lineman jumped up out of nowhere, a line scrum of players, tipped it and it fell into Dallas LB Lee’s hands – QB interception, I don’t agree, I think…

(I am not defending Rivers, complaining about etc. etc. just as examples, relax NY)

If another player touches the ball once it leaves the QB control, should that be the QB’s responsibility?

I understand its difficult. If a WR gets a perfect ball, misses or drops it, it’s still an incompletion against the QB. BUT if a third party touches, deflects, reroutes the ball between QB and Receiver its wholly the QB’s fault?

What do you guys think?

G/L

“The other night, my wife asked me how many women I'd slept with. I told her, "Only you. All the others kept me awake all night!”

vCash
    I think it all comes out in the wash. I don't think over a career generally one QB gets hurt by it more than any other.

Over a few games? Sure. Over a season? Maybe.

I just don't think it matters really. I don't focus on it.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

vCash
    Some INTs are not the QB's fault. Tips (though sometimes this is still the QB's fault), receivers running the wrong, etc. However, there are also passes a QB throws that should have been picked but aren't - maybe a defender dropped it or a receiver went into defender mode and broke up the pick. Like Norm said, that stuff will affect a game and even a season to some extent. But those plays make up such a small percentage of a QB's career pass attempts that the effect is negligible when you balance out what was picked but not his fault vs. what should have been picked but wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan:27138414
    Some INTs are not the QB's fault. Tips (though sometimes this is still the QB's fault), receivers running the wrong, etc. However, there are also passes a QB throws that should have been picked but aren't - maybe a defender dropped it or a receiver went into defender mode and broke up the pick. Like Norm said, that stuff will affect a game and even a season to some extent. But those plays make up such a small percentage of a QB's career pass attempts that the effect is negligible when you balance out what was picked but not his fault vs. what should have been picked but wasn't.
    Not much to add here. I believe like norm said its all a wash.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyburch View Post
    Not much to add here. I believe like norm said its all a wash.
    Yup this has been my argument from day one and have gotten crushed for it... its all a wash yet people only focus on the tipped interceptions and give the QB an out... Example... Giants game last week and I have a few posters who will back me up on this... Th entire game they said 1000 times how Eli has all these interceptions and maybe 2 are his fault... O.O

That is my main issue and its not just Eli but Brees last year and on down the list. Qb gets every excuse in the world but gets no fault when he throws a bad pass that should be picked but isnt. It is a wash... I have said it all along so why do they keep track of tipped interceptions but not interceptions that should be but arent?

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I honestly want to know why this is a big deal? I mean honestly its still an interception anyways who cares if it was the QB' fault or the Wr's fault. To me, the only people who care about this, are fans that care way to much about QB stats.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I honestly want to know why this is a big deal? I mean honestly its still an interception anyways who cares if it was the QB' fault or the Wr's fault. To me, the only people who care about this, are fans that care way to much about QB stats.

you just opened the gates of hell and Lucifer himself will appear rather soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

you just opened the gates of hell and Lucifer himself will appear rather soon
    Yeah cause this thread is poppin.

But for real i don't see the big deal. An INT will always be an INT whether it was on the QB or not. It will always show up on his stats and really who cares? I understand you would love for this to happen so you can defend Romo some more but in reality i don't know many people that really care.

vCash
    Yeah cause this thread is poppin.

But for real i don't see the big deal. An INT will always be an INT whether it was on the QB or not. It will always show up on his stats and really who cares? I understand you would love for this to happen so you can defend Romo some more but in reality i don't know many people that really care.
    Actually the Metric hurts Romo

Last year per this metric he would have had like 24 interceptions... It becomes a big deal when everyone gives the benefit of the doubt to the QB... Its always if it touches the hands of a wideout it needs to be caught because that is what they are paid to do...But the QB whom gets paid more isnt paid to always put it on the money lol.

Every game we hear of the interceptions are not this guys fault because they are tipped... Never do we hear about the horrid throws that should be picked but arent. I never ever say well thats not on the QB because in my world the times they are saved by their wideout makes up for it and then some

Technically why are any stats big deals? They are still fun to talk about and any further Knowledge should be used if it shows a better picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Actually the Metric hurts Romo

Last year per this metric he would have had like 24 interceptions... It becomes a big deal when everyone gives the benefit of the doubt to the QB... Its always if it touches the hands of a wideout it needs to be caught because that is what they are paid to do...But the QB whom gets paid more isnt paid to always put it on the money lol.

Every game we hear of the interceptions are not this guys fault because they are tipped... Never do we hear about the horrid throws that should be picked but arent. I never ever say well thats not on the QB because in my world the times they are saved by their wideout makes up for it and then some

Technically why are any stats big deals? They are still fun to talk about and any further Knowledge should be used if it shows a better picture.
    So again, who really cares if this was changed or not? Why would anyone care about who's fault it is or not? Or about passes that should have been intercepted? Just watch the game and enjoy and stop worrying about who's fault it is or passes that should have been intercepted.

vCash
    So again, who really cares if this was changed or not? Why would anyone care about who's fault it is or not? Or about passes that should have been intercepted? Just watch the game and enjoy and stop worrying about who's fault it is or passes that should have been intercepted.
    90 percent of professional people that talk football

Why enter a thread just to say who cares? Seems kinda pointless to me

vCash
    You guys must have misunderstood me.

I’m not talking about a straight up interception, from the QB to a defender.

I’m not talking about whether a receiver ran the wrong route, missed it, dropped it or fumbled it after the catch. Whether the ball was placed perfectly or the wideout made a great catch, irrelevant. An incompletion or a catch is just that.

Specifically, I am saying if the ball leaves the QB’s hands on a pass and gets interfered with by a third party, touched, tipped, re-routed and then intercepted. Should that be the QB’s fault or the minute the ball hits a third party then misdirected, between passer and intended target, it becomes a free ball and therefore not a QB interception stat.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerSD View Post
    You guys must have misunderstood me.

I’m not talking about a straight up interception, from the QB to a defender.

I’m not talking about whether a receiver ran the wrong route, missed it, dropped it or fumbled it after the catch. Whether the ball was placed perfectly or the wideout made a great catch, irrelevant. An incompletion or a catch is just that.

Specifically, I am saying if the ball leaves the QB’s hands on a pass and gets interfered with by a third party, touched, tipped, re-routed and then intercepted. Should that be the QB’s fault or the minute the ball hits a third party then misdirected, between passer and intended target, it becomes a free ball and therefore not a QB interception stat.?
    i think you missed the point. those interceptions that are not a qbs fault usually balance out with ones that are his fault but are not intercepted. for everyone off the WR hands, there's usually on right at a linebacker they just drop
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Its a QB's job to throw the ball where the defenders won't touch it, its the QB's job to read the field and react to the defense in front of them so I completely blame the QB for a deflection.
    If you can read this your driving to close

vCash
    If another player touches the ball once it leaves the QB control, should that be the QB’s responsibility?
    Yes its his fault, His job is to get the ball the wideout/tightend/RB without it being tipped. Tipped balls lead to INTs.. So if a QB gets the ball tipped its his fault for throwing it in that lane

If i get paid to bag groceries and i dont bag one and the customer leaves without his Crunchy peanut butter whos fault is that? Mine?
    Last edited by C-Wick925; 10-03-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast