Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,605
    vCash
    1500

    Is anyone else WAY on Josh Freeman's side on this whole thing?

    Have you guys been following this?

    They leak his drug testing issues.

    They've fined him twice for conduct detrimental. They're lying to him about oh don't come to this meeting then trying to punish him for it.

    They started by taking his captain's status.


    If you ask me, they just wanted to make PR moves to make him look terrible so they could move to "their guy" they basically scapegoated the dude and completely set him up to fail.

    Seriously, **** the people behind this. This is something else.


    I was hearing they're trying to get it to a situation where after his release they wouldn't have to pay certain monies because of these fines and what not that they had some deal where his "conduct detrimental" allows them to get away with paying him some of his guaranteed money and what have you.


    Anyone else think this is a fishy as hell deal?

    I'd be VERY surprised if Schiano even makes it through the season. I'll give him maybe til week 10.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,652
    vCash
    1500
    The coaching staff has been absolutely horrible through this, but I'm only on Freemans side from that side of it, he's been pretty bad from a football aspect so I'm not on his side as far as the benching goes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,605
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    The coaching staff has been absolutely horrible through this, but I'm only on Freemans side from that side of it, he's been pretty bad from a football aspect so I'm not on his side as far as the benching goes.
    I'm not talking about just the benching.

    But they're really trying to make him look bad. Leaking his stage 1 status in the drug policy? My God. Are you serious?

    Telling him not to come to a meeting then fining him?

    What in the ****ing world?



    I don't really like Freeman but I don't really dislike him either. That being said, I will root for him wherever he goes. He didn't deserve this. Being benched? Sure but not this.

    I really believe they wanted to torpedo him.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    4,457
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah normally don't feel bad for pro athletes, but what they're doing to freeman is pretty pathetic. Did he take malcolm glazer's great grand daughter's virginity or something?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    21,174
    vCash
    1500
    It's a pretty obvious smear campaign. I don't even understand why they feel the need to do it. He's sucked recently. Benching him was more than justifiable without all of this other **** they're fabricating as an excuse.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

    Trill Team

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,605
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    It's a pretty obvious smear campaign. I don't even understand why they feel the need to do it. He's sucked recently. Benching him was more than justifiable without all of this other **** they're fabricating as an excuse.
    Just bench him and shut up. I swear they're trying to do something with money here. Some way out of paying him somehow by making him snap.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,879
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think its unreasonable for Freeman to be benched, but the Bucks are def being dicks about the whole thing. Schiano is a coach of young men, he doesn't seem to know how to deal with grown men
    Eat Lobster

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,104
    vCash
    1500
    Schiano and Co. just seem like petty dirtbags.

    Apparently Freeman was at the game w/ friends and family in a box that he paid for, and Buccs staff *escorted* him out of there to watch with the other inactives. I won't vouch for the truth of the claim, but how low would that be?

    I still hate Schiano's choice to rush victory formations. After the game he claimed that the DLine isn't required to rush, but only if they feel okay doing it. Jay Feely called him out and said Gerald McCoy was actually apologizing to the Cards for what they were about to do. It's seriously sad that Schiano feels the need to lie like that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,605
    vCash
    1500
    This might be a God-sent for him if he really lacks motivation, focus, etc.

    A chip on your shoulder can do wonders.

    One of the more underrated aspects of sports, those little extra motivational factors.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,605
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kubernetes View Post
    Schiano and Co. just seem like petty dirtbags.

    Apparently Freeman was at the game w/ friends and family in a box that he paid for, and Buccs staff *escorted* him out of there to watch with the other inactives. I won't vouch for the truth of the claim, but how low would that be?

    I still hate Schiano's choice to rush victory formations. After the game he claimed that the DLine isn't required to rush, but only if they feel okay doing it. Jay Feely called him out and said Gerald McCoy was actually apologizing to the Cards for what they were about to do. It's seriously sad that Schiano feels the need to lie like that.
    I actually had zero issue with Schiano for doing that. I thought he was a pleasant surprise as a coach during the year and I still defended him after the season, but he really seems like a POS.


    And Schiano really said "they only have to rush if they want." I'd like to see that quote.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,652
    vCash
    1500
    Schiano really needs to either shape up in a major way or he's going to be one of those college coaches that bust in a big way. He was great for Rutgers, produced some great NFL players, but he doesn't seem like he has the chops for it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,029
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Schiano really needs to either shape up in a major way or he's going to be one of those college coaches that bust in a big way. He was great for Rutgers, produced some great NFL players, but he doesn't seem like he has the chops for it.
    I think he's use to working with, basically, kids and doesn't treat pro players as grown men. My take.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,652
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    I think he's use to working with, basically, kids and doesn't treat pro players as grown men. My take.
    It's a fine line, sometimes the "rah rah" attitude that usually only works with kids does work (see Pete Carroll), and sometimes the hard *** attitude works too, but the wheels seem to have come off in TB.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,104
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

    And Schiano really said "they only have to rush if they want." I'd like to see that quote.
    Try this:
    http://www.tampabaysportscentral.com...as-apologizing

    During his Monday radio show, Schiano earnestly detailed that his defensive players want to do the unorthodox and potentially dangerous play. Schiano even made the point that he wants all fans to know his Buccaneer Men are on board.

    ďBut most importantly, you know, I want everybody to know, our players, I ask our players, Ďif we donít want to do this, we donít do it.í I mean, thatís where I am. Iím not going to force guys,Ē Schiano said. ďBecause is thereís always a risk involved? Sure. I mean thereís always a risk involved when youíre hitting other people. And Iím talking about a risk for our players.
    Maybe Feely is lying and Bucs players weren't apologizing, but I seem to recall similar stories last year. And IMO Schiano is just a guy who lies reflexively. He's not used to being in an environment where he's being challenged, so he's loose with the truth. As an attorney, I relish getting guys like this in deposition.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    79,605
    vCash
    1500
    If "we don't want to do this, we don't do it."

    Sounds like they decided as a group. you made it sound like anyone one player could go out there and not do it.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.


    Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •