Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Would you trade a 1st for....

With the couple of trades lately of young, highly drafted players (Richardson and Monroe) would you as BB give up a 1st round pick for Gerald McCoy from the bucs? This is purely for discussion and I have no reason to think this will or could happen other than BB and Shciano being friends. Just wondering if the offer came from Schiano, would you as BB agree to the trade?
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Absolutely. Easy call. Won't happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Sure, and if that trade doesn't happen, lets go get Haloti Ngata.

vCash
    Well, I am not sure it is an easy call. Lets face it, the questions of "would you like to have some player" and "would you trade for a guy" are two different questions. I would like to see him in a Patriots uniform. Do I want to part with $10 mil to see that is another matter altogether.

vCash
    McCoy's money is stupid, he's a model of the sort of guy BB will not get.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Yeah I forgot that he was drafted before the rookie pay scale. His contract is massive. In terms of quality of player he's easily worth a first round pick though which is what I meant. At his salary it won't work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    McCoy's money is stupid, he's a model of the sort of guy BB will not get.
    Yes that's the thing, BB doesn't mind trading for cheap contracts, Talib, Ocho(restructured), but a massive salary for a DT that hasn't played in the system, not so much. It's just an interesting idea for discussion I thought.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    Yes that's the thing, BB doesn't mind trading for cheap contracts, Talib, Ocho(restructured), but a massive salary for a DT that hasn't played in the system, not so much. It's just an interesting idea for discussion I thought.
    There are guys out there. BB is hesitating bringing up a PS guy, because if he trades for or signs someone else after the PS guy is up, we may well lose the PS guy when he's cut.

I think we get a move by Sunday morning, or none at all this season at DT.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash

Would you trade a 1st for....

^ hmmm interesting. I was thinking he was trying to keep the bengals guessing as to which player we are bringing up from the PS. Hence the delay of Wilfork to IR, and subsequent call up. Although I can't imagine the difference between Francis and Forston altering Cincys game plan significantly. Seems something is up perhaps, we will see.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Absolutely. Easy call. Won't happen though.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Yeah I forgot that he was drafted before the rookie pay scale. His contract is massive. In terms of quality of player he's easily worth a first round pick though which is what I meant. At his salary it won't work though.
    True, depends what his salary would be. But like you said, no chance it happens.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 10-04-2013 at 01:34 AM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    ^ hmmm interesting. I was thinking he was trying to keep the bengals guessing as to which player we are bringing up from the PS. Hence the delay of Wilfork to IR, and subsequent call up. Although I can't imagine the difference between Francis and Forston altering Cincys game plan significantly. Seems something is up perhaps, we will see.
    Well Sudfeld is gone to PS or limbo... so Gronk or Collie is on the roster this weekend - or not.

And VW got IR'd, so there is the slot for a DT, but maybe BB won't use it yet figuring he has a week or two before the lack of depth at DT will hurt. So maybe we get a RB, or both Gronk and Collie? As usual betting on what BB will do will lose one money.

Back in the cold war the US had analysts sifting every guy in the Politburo and top military posts - some just concentrated on one guy. Well, BB would drive even those professionals nuts.