• Extend Jim Johnson

0 0%
  • Trade Jim Johnson

5 45.45%
  • Trade Markakis

2 18.18%
  • Trade Hardy

0 0%
  • Acquire a top tier SP in free agency (Garza is the only one coming to mind)

3 27.27%
  • Trade for a top tier SP (would require Gausman I'm sure)

1 9.09%
  • Trade for a 2B (Flaherty, Schoop are not ready)

3 27.27%
  • Sign a 2B (obviously not Cano)

0 0%
  • Re-sign Brian Roberts

3 27.27%
  • Sign a bounce back candidate SP (Colby Lewis, Johan Santana, Roy Halladay)

6 54.55%
  • Sign a bounce back reliever

5 45.45%
  • Find a full time DH

2 18.18%
  • Improve the bench so we can have a rotational DH

3 27.27%
  • Re-sign Feldman

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The only Free Agents I would give up a pick for at this point is Morales (if we can get him on a 2 year 20 mill deal). I don't want to touch Nelson Cruz with a 110 foot pole, or a pole of any size for that matter. He is a disaster waiting to happen. Steroids, can't play DH, he is going to be 34 soon. No freaking way should we give up a pick for him.

I wouldn't give up a pick for Jimenez either considering he walks way too many people and is so inconsistent, the last thing we need.

Tanaka is posted. Let's outbid the Yankees and pay them back for stealing Mark Tex from his hometown.

Good to see our front office has been on vacation since september

Saw that Dan D said no way we'd be in on Tanaka... most likely not in on Santana, Jimerez or Garza either. Maybe AJ Burnett or Arroyo. Oh Boy This is like Major League the movie. Seems the only way to stay or get into an Os jersey is if Free Agency means "free" to Peter.

Can you guys believe these Ike Davis rumors? Mets are asking for Rodriguez straight up for him!!! I like him but not for that deal. I'd do Wright for him or Davis and Murphy for Rodriguez. Davis has looked good in the past but he looks unbelievably bad now. I see him as almost being cut by the Mets. Why give up a good young pitcher for him?

We are definitely not in on Tanaka. I'm ok with staying away from Jiminez, Santana and Garza. The last is my favorite of the bunch because he isn't tied to draft pick compensation.

I wouldn't mind an Ike Davis and Daniel Murphy for Jemile Weeks, Brian Matusz and Mike Wright package. We would have 2 Davis who can play 1B. Haha. Davis for Rodriguez is ludacris considering how bad he was to begin last season.

And i think it is a must to sign Arroyo and/or Burnett. We need a 200 innings pitcher to pair with Tillman. I hope Chen really works on strength and conditioning this offseason because he always falls apart in the 6th inning and turns a great start into a mediocre start because he always gives up 2 more runs in the 6th.

Honestly, if Tillman can give us 200 innings, Arroyo/Burnett gives us 200 innings, Chen gives us 190, Gonzalez gives us 180 and we can find someone who doesn't get destroyed to pitch in the 5 slot (Gausman, Britton) our rotation could be decent. We still don;t have an ace, we just need people to go out and give us 7 innings every other start and average between 6-7 innings per start. Then our bullpen, which has performed remarkably in 2012 and 2013 considering the amount of work they have to do and their huge innings totals, they could become even better with more rest and less exposure to the hitters.

No way should we give up Matusz in this deal. He's a quality bp

Yeah I like Matusz too much to give him up yet. Strong bullpen arm who can give a lot of clutch innings.

I only say Matusz because he has been mentioned as a trade candidate all offseason because he is supposed to make between 2-3 million next season. That numbers so high because he was originally a starter, and he is getting paid in arbitration because of the amount of innings he has pitched, albeit he was awful in the rotation.

Should we sign Drew? I really think he can give us some flexibility in the infield allowing us to fill in that 2B spot. If he plays well, we could move Hardy. We should also sign K Morelas. Switch hitter with power who can DH and rest Davis at 1B. Of course we have no answer at LF either.

I also think Johan Santana with incentive based contract would be a huge sign for us

And we need to put an early but high offer in on Tanaka. Not because I think that we will sign him but it will drive the price up even more on the desperate Yankees. Making life harder for the Bombers can only be a good thing. I'd open up with a 7 yr/ 100 million offer. That should really piss them off and the big boys will need to go to 8yrs/ 120-130 million range

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    I only say Matusz because he has been mentioned as a trade candidate all offseason because he is supposed to make between 2-3 million next season. That numbers so high because he was originally a starter, and he is getting paid in arbitration because of the amount of innings he has pitched, albeit he was awful in the rotation.
    Oh I agree completely. I just believe we can get more for Matusz. And with so many moving parts so far this off season, I believe it would be best to keep him to have some sort of stabilization in the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    Should we sign Drew? I really think he can give us some flexibility in the infield allowing us to fill in that 2B spot. If he plays well, we could move Hardy. We should also sign K Morelas. Switch hitter with power who can DH and rest Davis at 1B. Of course we have no answer at LF either.
    I'd love to get Johan on a cheap 2 year deal as long as the expectation is for him to be our #4 or #5 with potential to move up. We would still need to sign a solid #2 starter.

As for Drew, I believe we would have to give up a draft pick? And I understand the first round is always hit or miss, but drafting lower in the first round, maybe we will actually draft a college player now who is closer to contributing? If he didn't require giving up a pick, i'd see if he can actually play 2nd base.

As for Morales, if he would sign a 2 year deal as well to be a DH, I would take that as well.

I am willing to see what we can do in LF with what we have. Even if the power isn't there, we have at least a great defensive option and Reimolds gets his last chance to prove himself.

I guess I would be okay with signing Drew, but only, and I mean only if we trade Hardy thereafter. Both of them are great defensively, so you can't ask either to move to 2B. If we could recoup talent from a Hardy trade that would exceed the value of a 1st round pick, I'm all for it. However, this is the out of the box thinking I feel Angelos would not go for.

I'd be okay with signing Johan Santana.

I'd give up the draft pick for Kendrys Morales on a 2 year deal as long as he DH's. That man has no business putting a glove on.

We need to complement our pieces now since the window off opportunity to complete is closing on us with so much uncertainty surrounding who will be on our team 2 years from now (Hardy, Davis, Wieters). Ownership being stingy with money right now is a horrible idea because this is our chance. If we lose Wieters, Davis and Hardy, we basically have nobody to replace their production since our minor league system is awful outside of the heavy hitters up top. Then, when Gausman and Bundy are ready to become mainstays in the rotation, they will have no offense backing them up and have to worry about losing if they give up 2 runs.

I don't like to be negative, but if we don't extend some of our players and bring outside talent in, we are going to be back in the cellar sooner rather than later.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast