• Extend Jim Johnson

0 0%
  • Trade Jim Johnson

5 45.45%
  • Trade Markakis

2 18.18%
  • Trade Hardy

0 0%
  • Acquire a top tier SP in free agency (Garza is the only one coming to mind)

3 27.27%
  • Trade for a top tier SP (would require Gausman I'm sure)

1 9.09%
  • Trade for a 2B (Flaherty, Schoop are not ready)

3 27.27%
  • Sign a 2B (obviously not Cano)

0 0%
  • Re-sign Brian Roberts

3 27.27%
  • Sign a bounce back candidate SP (Colby Lewis, Johan Santana, Roy Halladay)

6 54.55%
  • Sign a bounce back reliever

5 45.45%
  • Find a full time DH

2 18.18%
  • Improve the bench so we can have a rotational DH

3 27.27%
  • Re-sign Feldman

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    If it is Kendrys Morales and we lose a pick for him, I will flip a crap. He is going to get a 3 year 30 mill contract or something, and I think the O's would be buyers at that price. His draft pick compensation attached to him is really going to pull down his value, like Kyle Lohse last season.

I really really wanted to get Bartolo Colon, 2 years 20 mill? No draft pick comp? Sign me up. But no.

Not too interested in Arroyo.

I'd be interested in Choo on a 6 year deal, but I wouldn't want to go more than that considering he we'd lose a draft pick.

This is the worst offseason I can remember in a while. The way this front office goes out spending no money and making no moves and banking on internal development and scrap heap pick ups is laughable to me. You couldnt cough up 10 million for two years to keep McLouth? Wheres the "re-allocation" of resources from trading our closer away. Oh thats right its going in Angelos pocket.

And where is the extra 25 million every MLB gets starting this year from the TV deal? Theoretically, every team can increase their payroll by 25 mill this year... But we are going to stick right at 100.

Honestly, we have Hardy and Markakis for one more year, Davis and Wieters for 2. That is a majority of our core. We should be spending now. Markakis and Wieters are most likely goners. I've heard talk of a Hardy extension and I know we want to keep Davis around. Will we is the question that is to be answered. Might as well complement them with legit talent now and see what we can do before we lose everybody and have a poor farm system that will not be able to replace that talent.

We need to get a Garza or a Choo (or both!) and make a run for the World Series while we can.

At the very least, if we sign nobody good, we better damn well extend Davis AND one of Hardy or Machado. Seriously. I'm ok with letting Wieters hit free agency. Same with Markakis. Honestly, I think B Rob should sign with us for MLB minimum since he destroyed the O's pocket books the last four years, and if we still take Markakis back after next year, he should be paid like, 5 mill or something.

Sorry for venting, it is just frustrating to see nothing happening.

I know what would make this cruddy off season better. Sign Tanaka!!! Re-sign Weiters!!!Trade for Brandon Philips. I don't want to give up a comp pick for an overpaid FA. We need a OF but Cruz scares me. I think the closer spot should be filled from within. I'd like Morales but not for a 1st round pick. Do any of the guys we lost get us a pick? I'd be better with signing a FA if we had some picks. Plan B- Call me crazy, but I think Mark Reynolds maybe a good signing. Streaky but when he's good he's really good. Played great 1B late in the season for us a few years back. Grant Balfour would fit in the Plan B file. Signing one of these Cuban guys would be good too. Also, a value trade to help a team like the Dodgers clear space would hurt either- say Kemp or Either to play LF.

Let's be honest here... we need Gausman to grow into a #2 behind Tillman who needs to be the same guy as last season- Bud Norris and Chen to take up the 3 and 4 spots with Mig Gonz at 5 in the high 3 low 4 ERA range Bundy to get healthy and ready to be the next Stephen Strausberg and Rodrigez to make the jump to decent MLB starter. If by the end of the season, these things are true. The Os fans need to be thrilled. That means Weiters needs to be an O for life.

Not likely but could you guy imagine---
    All Best Case Guys
    Tanaka
    Tillman
    Bundy
    Gausman
    Norris

What a crap day to be an O's fan. Brob bolts to the NYY and Gavin Floyd gives us the finger and signs for less money else where. I think this really closes the door on the whole Gavin Floyd crush this town has had on him. In my mind screw him and his classmate Tex. you don't want to come home, then hit the road. Enjoy the boos you'll get when you show your face in Baltimore. You earned them.

Masahiro Tanaka!!!!!!!!!!!!! if THIS is all we do this offseason i would be happy. he is a legit starting ace and from everything ive read and seen online hes the real deal. a solid number one.

We paid 15 million for two yrs for Balfour? So we saved a mere 5 million compared to JJ? Am I wrong? This is a joke. We resigned Nolan Reinold who hasn't played in a year and a half and lost Nate Mc. We traded for Feldman just to let him go for nothing. Same goes for Mike Morse. We lost JJ so we could get Jamie Weeks and 5 million. I don't understand these moves.

Now to be fair, here is the glass is full side of the off season.

I like the Webb move and Roberts and Hammel walking are ok with me. Dan D has earned the benefit of the doubt I guess. He has made many moves that I didn't like at the time but they worked out. In Dan and Buck We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by irishmarine View Post
    Masahiro Tanaka!!!!!!!!!!!!! if THIS is all we do this offseason i would be happy. he is a legit starting ace and from everything ive read and seen online hes the real deal. a solid number one.
    My head would literally explode if that happened. I don't even see us making a legit bid (or any bid really) for this guy because that would make too much sense and help the team too much. That said thumbs up on getting Balfour. Love Hunter but I have seen too many late inning homers off him to be comfortable with him in a tight spot beyond one batter.

What about this guy? Rusney Castillo-plays 2B, 3B and OF. Just what we need. Don't understand the Louth trade at all. 300 AB at .280 and he's 27 yrs old. Not sure he can do it.

I understand giving the young guys a chance in LF and 2nd base, but a DH and Starting pitcher is needed.

Matt Garza, Ervin Santana or Burnett on short contracts. If Santana didn't require the 1st round pick, id say him.

DH, im not even sure now.

There arent any good moves left. Our FO loves to play roulette with the scrap heap every year....there are no good moves left to be made this year. Tanaka isn't coming over, Choo isn't coming to Baltimore, Orioles wont spend for Garza...saddle up for a 75 win season boys. It was definitely worth it to trade all those prospects for Morse Feldman and Norris when we only kept one of them.

Really quick off topic question, didn't want to make a completely new thread for it:

When do single game tickets go on sale? I've searched all over the internet but couldn't find it.

Trying to get tix for my gf and bring her to a Yanks game down there. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    There arent any good moves left. Our FO loves to play roulette with the scrap heap every year....there are no good moves left to be made this year. Tanaka isn't coming over, Choo isn't coming to Baltimore, Orioles wont spend for Garza...saddle up for a 75 win season boys. It was definitely worth it to trade all those prospects for Morse Feldman and Norris when we only kept one of them.
    The O's aren't serious about winning with cheapskate Angelos and won't be until he's dead and buried. To compete in this division, you need players. It's actually gotten to the point where it's laughable to see experts linking us with top FA's.

To make matters worse, Balfour is having trouble with passing his physical (bad right shoulder) and his signing may be nixed.

I agree that this year will only yield a team that could equal last year's finish but that won't be enough. Can only wait and look to the future with the hopeful progression of the farm club. They essentially refuse to open up the wallet and go after FA's.
    Bundy and Gausman still seem a long ways away from contributing.

I'm glad about Belfour. Feel bad for him but we don't need to spend money on a closer when I think we have pb guys who can fill the spot. Choo signing means Nelson is without another spot. Does this help us or hurt us? Not sure on him

I could see us getting Jimenez. He's 29 so he's got some yrs left. If we could get him for say 3 yrs/14 mil that would work. If we are going to lose a pick anyway lets get Cruz. I know there are questions on these guys but lets be honest... questions bring the price down which is the only way the Os sign anyone. TRADE FOR BP PLEASE!!!!!!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast