• Extend Jim Johnson

0 0%
  • Trade Jim Johnson

5 45.45%
  • Trade Markakis

2 18.18%
  • Trade Hardy

0 0%
  • Acquire a top tier SP in free agency (Garza is the only one coming to mind)

3 27.27%
  • Trade for a top tier SP (would require Gausman I'm sure)

1 9.09%
  • Trade for a 2B (Flaherty, Schoop are not ready)

3 27.27%
  • Sign a 2B (obviously not Cano)

0 0%
  • Re-sign Brian Roberts

3 27.27%
  • Sign a bounce back candidate SP (Colby Lewis, Johan Santana, Roy Halladay)

6 54.55%
  • Sign a bounce back reliever

5 45.45%
  • Find a full time DH

2 18.18%
  • Improve the bench so we can have a rotational DH

3 27.27%
  • Re-sign Feldman

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    With all the talk about Jim Johnson going to the Dodgers, what do you think we could get? I heard they are interested in moving an OF. If the Dodgers ate some, or most of the contract, I would take a chance on getting Kemp healthy or putting him at DH. Even better would be getting young talent like Dee Gordon, Zach Lee or Patterson for Johnson.
    Dodger fan in here......this trade for JJ is a no name trade. I'm guessing its for Brandon league. Will prob pay most of leagues contract. The whole jj trade is cause of money. That's it.

All these known names from the dodgers are more than likely not in this deal.

If for some reason we had to trade Johnson, yet he had a 2 year, $8 million contract, we would have gotten a teams top prospect as well as a mid level. However, with it being $10 million due, we could have either eaten almost $8 million and hoped for a good prospect or get an average AAAA player with salary cap space.

What we do with that cap space will determine if this trade was well worth it. A replacement closer, starting pitcher or power hitter is where I want to see that cap space going.

Morneau was a player I wanted to sign here if he came with a decent price. Looks to be going somewhere else.

I want the Os to get Brandon Phillips...he may be aging but hes a solid hitter with great d on a semi-affordable contract that only runs till hes 35-36.

^ That's true. He would look good in an O's uniform.

Ervin Santana
    Nate Mclouth
    A closer
    Look for a DH/1st baseman who can rotate with Chris Davis
    See what it takes to get Phillips.

Resign Davis, try one last time with the $25 million we get from the league to resign Wieters. If he doesn't accept, trade him for top prospects.

Let me tell you what I don't want and that's to lose a draft pick and sign Cruz. I get the feeling he is going to drop like a stone this year. He is Sosa part two. I saw the first part and I did like it. No need for the sequel.

I agree Cruz is not the guy I want. I would have rather kept Nate. Ever since Raph Palmerio and the finger, I want to stay away from PED guys. Sosa...Roberts none of them have worked out.

Further question... whose playing LF now? Henry Urrieta? I would much rather go after Choo and trade for Brandon P.

Looks like McLouth will be a National.

AJ Burnett is starting to get linked here. He always wanted to play here and has a home near me, so it makes sense, but I think he loves it in Pittsburgh.

I don't know how I would feel with Bud Norris as our closer. Yes, he has only two pitches, but I see him more as a bullpen guy.

The list of needs keeps growing now...

I'm ok with McLouth going at the price he went for. 2 years and an option for a third is way to much with someone of his track record. I would like us at this point to go hard after Colon and Bronson Arroyo. I think adding two decent starters who are workhorses would do wonders for our bullpen. They could both be had for 2 year deals in my opinion. Then sign Axford and package Matusz and someone and try to improve somewhere else or extend Davis.

With this crazy off season, I could see us doing something here: Its fantasy time. Are you ready?

Nick Franklin, Dustin Ackley for Nick M and some bp depth.

I could also see us signing Andrew Baily and Daniel Hudson

I see two targets that could help and may be the perfect right place right time guys-

Ike Davis
    Matt Kemp

I see both their teams needing what we have- Hardy (Mets would need to kick in some SP) (LA kicks in a lot of cash)
    We sign another OF guy like Choo or Cruz or both
    Davis and Davis take 1B/DH
    Manny 3B
    Ackley 2B
    Franklin SS
    or
    Kemp takes over the OF/DH role which gives us the $ to re-up Chris Davis, Weiters, and or Manny

If we don't resign Davis or MW with all this free money we have, then I will flip....

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    With this crazy off season, I could see us doing something here: Its fantasy time. Are you ready?

Nick Franklin, Dustin Ackley for Nick M and some bp depth.

I could also see us signing Andrew Baily and Daniel Hudson
    I think Seattle would hang up if we offered that. Markakis has little trade value at this point, on a large contract. We would be lucky to get one of them for Markakis straight up if we ate the most of the 15 mill owed to Markakis.

On a side note, I see Bailey and Hudson as real possibilities.

We need to do something with the money we freed up in the Johnson trade. And I'm not talking about reallocating the 10 mill owed to JJ as getting Balfour on a 2 year 18 mill deal and signing Chad Gaudin

So who is this mystery left handed hitter we are waiting to sign with us? Plus two starting pitchers would help too. I hope for a solid vet and maybe take a risk on Floyd as the second one.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast