• Extend Jim Johnson

0 0%
  • Trade Jim Johnson

5 45.45%
  • Trade Markakis

2 18.18%
  • Trade Hardy

0 0%
  • Acquire a top tier SP in free agency (Garza is the only one coming to mind)

3 27.27%
  • Trade for a top tier SP (would require Gausman I'm sure)

1 9.09%
  • Trade for a 2B (Flaherty, Schoop are not ready)

3 27.27%
  • Sign a 2B (obviously not Cano)

0 0%
  • Re-sign Brian Roberts

3 27.27%
  • Sign a bounce back candidate SP (Colby Lewis, Johan Santana, Roy Halladay)

6 54.55%
  • Sign a bounce back reliever

5 45.45%
  • Find a full time DH

2 18.18%
  • Improve the bench so we can have a rotational DH

3 27.27%
  • Re-sign Feldman

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    We signed Bret Wallace. I like the flier here. I think he could find it with the Os.

When oh when are they going to decide whos playing second base. MM will probably start the season on the DL.Schoop is the clear favorite
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Cruz will spend time on the DL at least 2-3 times and several days off here and there. My guess is he'll play 120-125 games this year
    I'm hoping we can keep him off the DL by DH'ing him most of his games. I don't want him starting more than 40 games in LF, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    We signed Bret Wallace. I like the flier here. I think he could find it with the Os.
    I like it too, it will at least make our AAA team better and give him a shot to unlock his potential with new coaches. Used to be a great prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    When oh when are they going to decide whos playing second base. MM will probably start the season on the DL.Schoop is the clear favorite
    We traded Alex Gonzalez (a non roster invite) for Stephen Lombardozzi today. Lombo is nothing special, but he is a utility guy and we control him for 5 seasons! He provides our team with depth and can play multiple infield positions. I love that we got him for someone who may not have even made the team!

As for 2B, Manny is going to be on the DL, so Flaherty will be there opening day. That leaves Weeks (who has been playing poor as of late), Schoop (been playing well, but may need to go back to AAA for seasoning), and Lombardozzi. I don't think the O's want to start the service clock for Schoop, or mess with his development, so I am thinking opening day against Lester will be this:

RF Markakis
    DH Reimold
    CF Jones
    1B Davis
    LF Cruz
    C Wieters
    SS Hardy
    3B Flaherty
    2B Lombardozzi

Can anyone tell me how minor league player. Bischoff is doing

^ never heard of him, I looked up his stats and they weren't too good... doesn't seem like hen will ever make the MLB, you know him personally or something?

http://orioles-nation.com/transactio...ed-milb-deals/

I am surprised the Orioles were able to trade a 37 year old infielder for lombardozzi. Yes he isn't a great or possibly even good player, but for 5 years WITH options to go down to the minors, that was a good deal.

^ you'd love this article Ravens!

I love the Lombardozzi deal as well. He may not be a great player, but if he can be our utility guy, or at least help out at the AAA club, its a win for us!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...medium=twitter

^ Yeah it's pretty amazing! While I don't agree with some of the things Duquette has done and was a pretty big McPhail fan, he seems to pull off some lower level moves that make big impacts.

It seems to be a win for everyone involved. Tigers get a shortstop for the time being who can play solid defense and a decent bat. Orioles get more depth and a solid utility guy who is local. And the fact that he has options and is signed for I believe 5 more years? Solid move.

Love the Lombo trade...HoCo represent!

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    We traded Alex Gonzalez (a non roster invite) for Stephen Lombardozzi today. Lombo is nothing special, but he is a utility guy and we control him for 5 seasons! He provides our team with depth and can play multiple infield positions. I love that we got him for someone who may not have even made the team!

As for 2B, Manny is going to be on the DL, so Flaherty will be there opening day. That leaves Weeks (who has been playing poor as of late), Schoop (been playing well, but may need to go back to AAA for seasoning), and Lombardozzi. I don't think the O's want to start the service clock for Schoop, or mess with his development, so I am thinking opening day against Lester will be this:

RF Markakis
    DH Reimold
    CF Jones
    1B Davis
    LF Cruz
    C Wieters
    SS Hardy
    3B Flaherty
    2B Lombardozzi
    Nolan at DH thats funny

RF Kakes
    2B Schoop/Hardy SS
    CF Jones
    1B Crush
    LF Cruz
    SS Hardy/Schoop 2B
    C Wieters
    DH Young
    3B Flaherty

No way Schoop sits while he's on this team. Besides he's the best hitter out of Lombo and Flaherty. I would try to lock up Hardy early because if he leaves and Manny moves to short I think Schoop is better suited at 3b in the long term. But for now he stays at 2b so when Manny returns nothing will have to change. Delmon has shown me a lot and the way he hits lefties the dh is his spot to lose. Not worried about Scoop's clock, if he's the best player Buck won't hesitate putting him out there and possible batting him #2 like he did with Manny, even though I think Hardy will be there I want Schoop there until Machado's return.

Happy Opening Day all! Woo hoo!

Quote Originally Posted by bal_ravens View Post
    ^ Yeah it's pretty amazing! While I don't agree with some of the things Duquette has done and was a pretty big McPhail fan, he seems to pull off some lower level moves that make big impacts.

It seems to be a win for everyone involved. Tigers get a shortstop for the time being who can play solid defense and a decent bat. Orioles get more depth and a solid utility guy who is local. And the fact that he has options and is signed for I believe 5 more years? Solid move.
    I have mostly agreed with what Duquette has done. Heck, if he didn't trade for Guthrie and Lindstrom (who later netted us Joe Saunders) and sign McLouth and Chen, we didn't have a shot in hell at the playoffs in 2012, much less winning a game.

I never had a problem with McPhail. His downside was his drafting however. Outside of Wieters, Machado, and Bundy (who we don't know how that will turn out), basically everything in his tenure was considered a bad pick.

His trades on the other hand, were amazibng. Hardy for basically nothing. The Koji for Davis/Hunter trade. The Adam Jones and Tillman for Bedard haul. All great and set us up for success.

I do regret us not bringing back Koji. Our team would have looked so different in 2012 if we had Koji in the set up role/closer role to bridge an innings gap. He wanted to come back and we didn't want to pay him... And now the Red Sox are reaping the benefits. Very sad and I miss him. He was the only reason I didn't hate the Sox winning it all last year, because i wanted Koji to get a ring!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314