• Extend Jim Johnson

0 0%
  • Trade Jim Johnson

5 45.45%
  • Trade Markakis

2 18.18%
  • Trade Hardy

0 0%
  • Acquire a top tier SP in free agency (Garza is the only one coming to mind)

3 27.27%
  • Trade for a top tier SP (would require Gausman I'm sure)

1 9.09%
  • Trade for a 2B (Flaherty, Schoop are not ready)

3 27.27%
  • Sign a 2B (obviously not Cano)

0 0%
  • Re-sign Brian Roberts

3 27.27%
  • Sign a bounce back candidate SP (Colby Lewis, Johan Santana, Roy Halladay)

6 54.55%
  • Sign a bounce back reliever

5 45.45%
  • Find a full time DH

2 18.18%
  • Improve the bench so we can have a rotational DH

3 27.27%
  • Re-sign Feldman

3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Orioles offseason

Hi everybody!

Good season, just fell short.

Now what are we going to do in the off-season? I am going to post a poll and you guys choose which is most important to you (trades, extensions,. free agent signings etc.)

We will see based on the responses how the fans view what the front office should do this off-season.

If you choose to extend Davis, throw out a number you think it would take. 5 years 50 million, 7 years 100 million etc etc. Whatever you think is a viable number.

You can pick multiple answers, but keep in mind we have limits to payroll, so choosing everybody I listed to extend is not going to happen. Try to limit your choices to 5-10 things and be realistic. Signing Davis, Wieters, Johnson, Mclouth, Machado and Hardy to extensions this off-season is not realistic. Thanks!
    Last edited by rkelly7; 10-01-2013 at 12:15 PM.

vCash
    I think we need to extend Davis, Tillman, Wieters and Roberts with Schoop or someone replacing him if he slows down more.

I'd show around Johnson as well, see if we can rebuild the minor leagues.

I think a couple of relievers and a high #2 is what we need. Most will say a #1, but I don't believe the price is worth it to sign one. A high or mid #2 would really help us out with the money being spent elsewhere.

vCash
    Garza is not an answer, and is truthfully only an above-average pitcher, not worth the price tag.

I really think we should work on re-signing some of the young guys, find a full-time DH solution and find some extra bullpen help to give us more options.

It may not be an eventful off-season, but we do have some moves we need to make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Garza is not an answer, and is truthfully only an above-average pitcher, not worth the price tag.

I really think we should work on re-signing some of the young guys, find a full-time DH solution and find some extra bullpen help to give us more options.

It may not be an eventful off-season, but we do have some moves we need to make.
    Ok, what about Masahiro Tanaka? He will probably be posted. He is compared to Darvish. Stuff isn't as nasty, but control is way better. Expected to get a 120 mill ish contract when you count the posting fee (45-60 mill)

vCash
    time to leave this forum, this is terrible.

vCash
    ^ The whole website has gone down. Just a bunch of immature kids who can't discuss sports. People only show up in this and the Ravens section when they are winning, yet call themselves "real fans". That's why I am slowly giving up on this place.

vCash
    We arent gonna do a damn thing. Buck and Duquette are on two different pages, philosophically and Angelos wont let them spend a dime anyway. And Machado is gonna be a cripple for most of next year. Ugh! I guess 2012 was a big time fluke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bal_ravens View Post
    ^ The whole website has gone down. Just a bunch of immature kids who can't discuss sports. People only show up in this and the Ravens section when they are winning, yet call themselves "real fans". That's why I am slowly giving up on this place.
    If I choose to not comment unless I see fit and just watch every single game, win or loss, how does that make me not a "real fan?" I think people like you who make blanket statements calling everyone immature kids who can't discuss sports and not "real fans" will turn people away from this forum faster than an Orioles loss. I live in NJ and have been to OPACY 10 times in the last 5 years (we were bad some of those years by the way) and go whenever I can and watch every game on my laptop and on TV when they play the Yanks or Mets. But I am not a real fan cause I dont comment on this forum as much as you'd like? Grow up.

vCash
    I d not want Beltran unless its on the cheap... which it won't be. Actually, I'm looking forward to a quite off season. I think this the right FA to sit out on. Unless we can get Cano or that Japanese pitcher. If we are going to trade guys to create flexibility, it should only be to extend Davis and Manny. I'd love to keep Weiters, Nick M and Hardy but really they are not worth loosing Davis or Manny. If that's the case trade them. If there is no way to re-sign Davis. Trade him for a whole farm system. That's it. Price would do to but only if he's signed long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeydady View Post
    I d not want Beltran unless its on the cheap... which it won't be. Actually, I'm looking forward to a quite off season. I think this the right FA to sit out on. Unless we can get Cano or that Japanese pitcher. If we are going to trade guys to create flexibility, it should only be to extend Davis and Manny. I'd love to keep Weiters, Nick M and Hardy but really they are not worth loosing Davis or Manny. If that's the case trade them. If there is no way to re-sign Davis. Trade him for a whole farm system. That's it. Price would do to but only if he's signed long term.
    not touching cano with a 90 foot pole....dont want 300 mill languishing on the books when cano turns 34 all the way till 40

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    If I choose to not comment unless I see fit and just watch every single game, win or loss, how does that make me not a "real fan?" I think people like you who make blanket statements calling everyone immature kids who can't discuss sports and not "real fans" will turn people away from this forum faster than an Orioles loss. I live in NJ and have been to OPACY 10 times in the last 5 years (we were bad some of those years by the way) and go whenever I can and watch every game on my laptop and on TV when they play the Yanks or Mets. But I am not a real fan cause I dont comment on this forum as much as you'd like? Grow up.
    And that is good for you. If I see fit to call out people who show up when the Orioles or Ravens start out hot yet start losing, I can do so myself. Been seeing it that way for years as other teams can have 20 pages going each night for a game.

To each his own.
    Last edited by bal_ravens; 11-20-2013 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    Wow..the tenor of this forum is pretty skank.. who's a real fan.. you should post more.. blah blah blah.. What Orioles fans need is a good laugh.. I find that when I'm in search of a 'funny', you can never go wrong reading the latest "what if.. " trade suggestions by Cubs fans.. Here's one that O's fans "in search of" may comment on:

...the Samardzija/Castillo for Wieters/Gausman or Bundy trade...
    Why the O's wouldn't jump all over a journeyman / pretty average NL # 3 SP with a sub .500 record w/two years of expensive control remaining before free agency and a catcher with less than 600 AB's and two new knee operations over this off season wouldn't give up one of the best pitching prospects in MiLB and one of the top five catchers in all of baseball.. is a mystery..

Of course.. Cubs fan see Castillo >> Wieters and "Shark" as an ACE..

Thoughts?...

vCash
    ^ Haha, I love Cubs' fans though. They come up with some good trades!

vCash
    Wieters and Hardy for Barney? Sign me up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    Wieters and Hardy for Barney? Sign me up!
    After you get past the bad suggestions from cubs fan.. there has been quite a debate raging in St Louis over various scenarios for the Cardinals problems at SS. The Cardinals have a helluva farm system.. several young and talented and major league ready starting pitchers.. A couple are currently learning their craft at the major league level as bullpen arms..

The question becomes.. would a Shelby Miller/David Freese combination merit JJ Hardy/Henry Urrutia deal?

Is giving up the youth/potential of Urrutia along with one of the best defensive SS's in MLB worth the acquisition of a young SP with MOR/FOR stuff and a ML 3B that will allow Manny Machado to return to his natural SS spot ?

Would there be other guys that could be considered?

Would either/both teams consider adding a prospect (O's Ohlman / Cards Piscotty)?

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast