Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Week 5: Buffalo Bills @ Cleveland Browns (Thursday Game)

Well Hoyermania and the Cleveland Browns are about to hit primetime this Thursday against EJ Manuel and the Bills. Bills are coming off a nice home win against the Ravens where Flacco threw five picks against them and that was against a beaten up secondary without McKelvin, Gilmore or Williams. WTF Flacco. Browns are coming off a home win against the Bengals where their D completely shut down the Bungals offense. Will be interesting to see what Horton dials up against a decent O-Line in Buffalo with his front 7 and his rotations and blitzes. If Hoyer can be smart with the ball again and not make many mistakes and a couple long drives then the Browns should ultimately move to 3-2.

Injury Report of Monday:

Browns

Did not participate in practice: Outside linebacker Quentin Groves (high-ankle sprain), outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard (sprained left knee) and defensive end Billy Winn (strained quadriceps). Limited participation: Kicker Billy Cundiff (strained right quadriceps), defensive end John Hughes (knee) and guard Shawn Lauvao (high-ankle sprain). Full participation: Guard Oniel Cousins (chest), wide receiver Josh Gordon (forearm), fullback Chris Ogbonnaya (thigh) and quarterback Brandon Weeden (sprained right thumb).
    Bills

Did not participate in practice: Cornerbacks Ron Brooks (foot) and Stephon Gilmore (wrist) and running back C.J. Spiller (ankle). Limited participation: Safety Jairus Byrd (foot), wide receiver Marquise Goodwin (hand), kicker Dustin Hopkins (right groin), running back Fred Jackson (knee), wide receiver Steve Johnson (hamstring), cornerback Leodis McKelvin (hamstring), guard Kraig Urbik (knee) and cornerback Aaron Williams (back).
    Sounds like Spiller and Jackson are both going to be able to go but both will be on a limited basis. Groves and Sheard will be out once again so will expect to see Mingo and Krugs play every snap like they did Sunday. Ultimately I think this game will come down to whoever doesn't turn the ball over as much.

20-10 Browns over Bills.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Tony Grossi ‏ @ TonyGrossi 46m
    # Browns short practice week begins w/ Shawn Lauvao back at RG w/ 1st team.
    Has to be better than Cousins.

vCash
    I am a little worried about this game. I said before the draft this past year that E.J. was the best QB in the draft and he has proven that. He makes plays with his legs and is smart with the football. Ponder made us look bad with his QB runs and I expect Manual to do the same. I am hoping Robert Woods has trouble with Skrine. Stevie Johnson will catch some balls but I think Haden with keep him limited. The TE Chandler will get some mismatches as well. Spiller is injured but will play but should get limited work. Fred Jackson I believe is out. Buffalo's pass rush is nothing to mess with so I hope Hoyer continues to get the ball out quick. Buffalos secondary is a little banged up so maybe we can take advantage of it. My prediction:

Browns 19
    Bills 13
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    I think a big key to this game will be our ability to run the ball. If we can get a reliable run game going then we can take advantage of their beat up secondary through play action passes and quick reads. I'm hoping that we get Lauvao back which would be a nice boost. Overall I'm expecting a very close game and hopefully Hoyermania continues.

Browns- 21
    Bills- 17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosar4president View Post
    I am a little worried about this game. I said before the draft this past year that E.J. was the best QB in the draft and he has proven that. He makes plays with his legs and is smart with the football. Ponder made us look bad with his QB runs and I expect Manual to do the same. I am hoping Robert Woods has trouble with Skrine. Stevie Johnson will catch some balls but I think Haden with keep him limited. The TE Chandler will get some mismatches as well. Spiller is injured but will play but should get limited work. Fred Jackson I believe is out. Buffalo's pass rush is nothing to mess with so I hope Hoyer continues to get the ball out quick. Buffalos secondary is a little banged up so maybe we can take advantage of it. My prediction:

Browns 19
    Bills 13
    Fred Jackson is actually more likely to play than Spiller. Both are limited but Spiller is more limited from everything I hear. Tashard Choice is getting a lot of reps for the Bills right now.

EJ is not that great of a runner. I follow FSU religiously and while he does have decent numbers in the running game, he continually fumbles the ball and runs with it away from his body. He isn't a read option type QB as he doesn't read LB's Pre-snap well enough to this point in his career and gets most of his yardage on broken plays or setup counters, draws for himself. He struggles in a pocket at times too where he continually goes backwards instead of forward when a pocket collapses as he thinks his legs can get him out of the situation by backtracking and doing his ridiculous spinbacks where he is prone to losing big chunks of yardage if the rush can bring him down as he does excel at getting out of tackles due to his big frame.

The biggest concern I have about this game is two matchups. Marcell Dareus vs Greco/Mack/Lauvoa/Cousins and Robert Woods vs Chris Owens/Skrine/Gipson. If the Browns can't win 50% of those matchups on Thursday night it will be a very close game.

vCash
    Should be a good game. Last winter/spring when the schedule was released I thought for sure this game would be an 0-8 combined pillow fight. Great that there is some buzz around the Browns right when their prime time game is.

vCash

EJ is tied for the nfl lead in turnovers with 11. If we can eliminate the running game I believe the game is ours.

Also read an article on nfl.com that the team with the fastest pace offense isn't the Broncos or Eagles , but the Bills. This should be another good test for our D. Not only do they have to be stout against the 4th ranked rushing offense, they must show great stamina with limited substitutions.

vCash
    Tuesdays Injury Report:

Browns

Did not participate in practice: Outside linebacker Quentin Groves (high-ankle sprain), outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard (sprained left knee) and defensive end Billy Winn (strained quadriceps). Limited participation: Kicker Billy Cundiff (strained right quadriceps), defensive end John Hughes (knee) and guard Shawn Lauvao (high-ankle sprain). Full participation: Guard Oniel Cousins (chest), fullback Chris Ogbonnaya (thigh) and quarterback Brandon Weeden (sprained right thumb).
    Bills

Did not participate in practice: Cornerbacks Ron Brooks (foot) and Stephon Gilmore (wrist) and running back C.J. Spiller (ankle). Limited participation: Defensive end Mario Williams (ankle), defensive tackle Kyle Williams (Achilles), wide receiver Marquise Goodwin (hand), kicker Dustin Hopkins (right groin), running back Fred Jackson (knee), wide receiver Steve Johnson (hamstring), cornerback Leodis McKelvin (hamstring), guard Kraig Urbik (knee) and cornerback Aaron Williams (back). Full participation: Safety Jairus Byrd (foot).
    http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-...bills-1.433428

Additional Injury Updates:

Bills FS Jairus Byrd (feet) got in his first full practice of the season on Tuesday, but remains uncertain for Week 5.
    Byrd has been accused of dragging out his rehab, but insists he wants to play. "You don’t want to not be out there," Byrd said. "But at the same time, you want to make sure you’re good when you go out there." Byrd is probably a long-shot for Thursday's game against Cleveland, but is shaping up as a decent bet to return in Week 6.
    Bills WR Marquise Goodwin (broken hand) has resumed practicing.
    Goodwin has gotten in two limited sessions this week, suggesting he could return to full practice next week. He almost certainly won't play Thursday against the Browns, but could be eyeing a Week 6 return against the Bengals. The rookie deep threat was hurt in Week 1, and fumbled away his lone reception.
    Bills coach Doug Marrone confirmed after Tuesday's practice he expects Fred Jackson (knee) to play Thursday night at Cleveland.
    Marrone said he feels "very comfortable" with Jackson's recovery from last weekend's "mild" MCL sprain. Jackson will be a stronger RB2/flex if C.J. Spiller (ankle) does not suit up against the Browns. If Spiller is active for the game, Jackson would be reduced to a shaky flex option in fantasy leagues.
    Updating an earlier item, C.J. Spiller (ankle) was officially listed as "DNP" in Tuesday's practice.
    Both WGR 550 Buffalo and BuffaloBills.com reported Spiller was practicing, but he apparently didn't do enough to earn a "limited" tag. "There's not a lot of swelling," coach Doug Marrone said afterward. "It's day to day and we'll know more tomorrow." Spiller is shaping up as a true game-time decision for Thursday night's game against the Browns. Fantasy owners need to be ready to bench their thus far disappointing RB1.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

Sounds like the Bills will get Aaron Williams and Leodis McKelvin back in the secondary but will still be missing Byrd and Gilmore this Thursday. Also I doubt Spiller goes and if he does I would imagine he will only get around 5-10 touches if that.

vCash
    Here's a SC agenda I never thought I'd see.

vCash
    Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 35m
    Horton on philosophy on defending read option - "If they're going to put the QB out there to get hit, hit him""

Nate Ulrich ‏ @ NateUlrichABJ35m
    # Browns DC Ray Horton said hitting QB is No. 1 goal when defending read option. Said if you're going to put Ferrari out there, hit it.
    Ya gotta love Horton. If this defense can continue to take on his personality then they are going to be nasty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 43ScaresMe View Post
    EJ is tied for the nfl lead in turnovers with 11. If we can eliminate the running game I believe the game is ours.

Also read an article on nfl.com that the team with the fastest pace offense isn't the Broncos or Eagles , but the Bills. This should be another good test for our D. Not only do they have to be stout against the 4th ranked rushing offense, they must show great stamina with limited substitutions.
    He has 3 INTs and 3 Fumbles, where are you getting the other 5 turnovers from?
    Finally,
    A Sig With Class.

vCash
    Shawn Lauvao - G - Browns
    Browns RG Shawn Lauvao (ankle) is hoping to make his season debut against the Bills Thursday.
    Lauvao sustained a true high ankle sprain roughly two months ago. He was able to split first-team reps with fill-in starter Oniel Cousins on Monday. Getting Cousins out of the lineup would be fantastic news for the entire Browns offense. He's graded out as PFF's No. 68 guard among 70 qualifiers through four weeks.
    roto

Knew Cousins was bad but that is just terrible. Hopefully Lauvao will be back. would bring a big boost to the offense that is already starting to click. Can't believe it is October and we are still talking football.

vCash

Correction on the 11 turnovers, I believe I mistook his stats with Geno's. They were doing a rookie comparison and must have looked at the other stats. That being said, he is known to be careless with the ball when he is scrambling as far as protecting it.

vCash

Seeing a lot of predictions for rain now too. Hopefully they still get a big fan turn out and the game isn't affected too much by the weather.

vCash
    C.J. Spiller (ankle) is officially listed as questionable for Thursday night's Week 5 game against the Browns.
    Spiller returned to a limited practice Wednesday after being sidelined Monday and Tuesday. He's going to be a full-blown game-time decision tomorrow night. The Bills are bringing practice squad RB Ronnie Wingo with them to Cleveland as insurance. Spiller will go through pre-game warm-ups and a decision will likely be made then. Fantasy owners need to have a backup place in place.
    Fred Jackson (knee) is listed as probable for Thursday night's game in Cleveland.
    Jackson practiced every day this week after suffering a "mild" MCL sprain on Sunday. Depending on C.J. Spiller's (ankle) status, Jackson could be in for a big workload. He'd be a shaky flex option in Spiller does suit up.
    Bills FS Jairus Byrd (plantar fasciitis) is questionable for Week 5.
    Byrd was a full participant in practice this week. He'll likely be a game-time decision, but has a decent chance at returning for Thursday night's matchup with the Browns.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

Browns

Out: Defensive end Billy Winn (strained quadriceps). Doubtful: Outside linebackers Quentin Groves (high ankle sprain) and Jabaal Sheard (sprained left knee). Questionable: Guard Shawn Lauvao (high ankle sprain) and defensive end John Hughes (knee). Probable: Kicker Billy Cundiff (strained right quadriceps), guard Oniel Cousins (chest), quarterback Brandon Weeden (sprained right thumb) and fullback Chris Ogbonnaya (thigh).
    Bills

Out: Cornerbacks Ron Brooks (foot) and Stephon Gilmore (wrist), wide receiver Marquise Goodwin (hand) and kicker Dustin Hopkins (right groin). Questionable: Running back C.J. Spiller (ankle), safety Jairus Byrd (foot) and cornerback Leodis McKelvin (hamstring). Probable: Defensive end Mario Williams (ankle), defensive tackle Kyle Williams (Achilles), running back Fred Jackson (knee), wide receiver Steve Johnson (hamstring), guard Kraig Urbik (knee) and cornerback Aaron Williams (lower back).
    http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/br...eport-1.433729

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast