Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many Rings Would Shaq Have If He Played On The Celtics in Place Of Russell?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-3 Rings

2 14.29%
  • 3-6 Rings

0 0%
  • 6-9 Rings

2 14.29%
  • 9-12 Rings

1 7.14%
  • 12-15 Rings if not more

9 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How Many Rings Would Shaq Have If He Played On The Celtics in Place Of Russell?

Well, how many? I would say at least 15. Shaq had at least 15 seasons of play where he could have easily won with those great Celtic teams in that era.

vCash
    dumb thread

vCash
    Who Cares?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by copper! View Post
    dumb thread
    You joined this site just to say that. Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by setman2000 View Post
    Who Cares?!
    I do obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    You joined this site just to say that. Lol.
    i doubt anybody here watched games back during russell's era. maybe you're a guy who judges purely off stats, but even then it is hard to compare and contrast the two eras. dumb thread,...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by copper! View Post
    i doubt anybody here watched games back during russell's era. maybe you're a guy who judges purely off stats, but even then it is hard to compare and contrast the two eras. dumb thread,...
    Dumb comment.

vCash
    Nobody wins all 15. Would he even be the same physically gifted monster in an era devoid of all modern advances?

Some random thoughts:

That 67 Philly team would still win.
    Russ did turn them into the best defensive teams ever and filled in as a coach. Does Shaq like coaching?
    Shaq wouldn't be allowed to bulldoze people in those days either, at the same time, there is no reason he couldn't be an improvement on Wilt I suppose. Would he be more selfish in an that NBA or does he retain his passing instincts? Wilt laid down the landscape for how bigmen should be used and it took alot of luck/time for him to get proper coaching, I suppose Red keeps Shaq in check.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Nobody wins all 15. Would he even be the same physically gifted monster in an era devoid of all modern advances?

Some random thoughts:

That 67 Philly team would still win.
    Russ did turn them into the best defensive teams ever and filled in as a coach. Does Shaq like coaching?
    Shaq wouldn't be allowed to bulldoze people in those days either, at the same time, there is no reason he couldn't be an improvement on Wilt I suppose. Would he be more selfish in an that NBA or does he retain his passing instincts? Wilt laid down the landscape for how bigmen should be used and it took alot of luck/time for him to get proper coaching, I suppose Red keeps Shaq in check.
    So how many would you say then? More or less than Russell?

vCash
    You can put in not only Shaq but anybody in the league's history who was an above average center and get the same results Russell did as long as that center is willing to put ego and # of shot attempts aside for one common goal, winning. Those Celtic teams were loaded with star talent all up and down the roster and everybody knew their role and executed it to a perfect tee. We wont ever see a dynasty like that again.

vCash
    wait, are we magically sending advanced training athletes back in time? In that case, more than Russell if you send back Shaq, Jordan, or LeBron. If we factor in that those same athletes grow up in that time period with the same training, development, and nutrition, meh, they enjoy no more success.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Shaq barely took the time to stay at his physical peak in the modern era. He would have REALLY let himself go back in the 60s. Fatass Shaq wins 7 rings.

vCash
    More than Kobe Bryant
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    Well, how many? I would say at least 15. Shaq had at least 15 seasons of play where he could have easily won with those great Celtic teams in that era.
    Celts didn't have the horses until Russell and Heinsohn came in, and Ramsey returned from service. After '69 all they had was Havlicek, Nelson, Chaney, White (rookie), Howell (very old), that was a pretty thin team.

Also Shaq had 13 prime years, after '05-'06 he was crap (excepting '08-'09).

Answer: 11 max

I think Shaq can go off the rails. I think TD, Hakeem & KG are safer bets. Malone if his weight is under control is another. Robinson perhaps if he can debut a couple of years earlier.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 09-30-2013 at 10:01 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    He was nice, but not that nice
    Be $wavy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast