Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 NLDS Game 1: Los Angeles Dodgers @ Atlanta Braves 10/3 TBS 8:37 PM ET

@

Los Angeles Dodgers@ Atlanta Braves

Thursday, 10/3 8:37 PM ET

Clayton Kershaw, LHP (16-9, 1.83 ERA)vsKris Medlen, RHP (15-12, 3.11 ERA)

News: Making his final start of the regular season, Kershaw earned his 16th win after he tossed six scoreless innings, allowing just four hits with no walks and eight strikeouts against the Rockies on Friday. (Sat Sep 28). Kershaw is the odds-on favorite for the NL Cy Young Award once again, as he finishes the year with a 1.83 ERA, 0.92 WHIP and 232 strikeouts over 236 innings. The left-hander joined Houston's Roger Clemens (1.87) and Boston's Pedro Martinez (1.74) as the only qualifying pitchers since 2000 to post an ERA under 2.00. Kershaw is the first Dodgers pitcher to do so since Sandy Koufax had a 1.73 ERA in 1966.

Medlen was magnificent as he tossed eight inning of shutout baseball against the Phillies on Friday night. He allowed two hits, walked two, and struck out seven. (Fri Sep 27). He ends the regular season 15-12 with a 3.11 ERA and appears to be in line to start in the Braves first playoff game. He had some rough patches this year, but he ends it with a flourish, and has given plenty of reason to look forward to next year.

Last edited by BRAVE KID; 10-01-2013 at 08:20 PM.

vCash
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    Well the lowest ERA teams face off....... Hopefully we can work his pitch count and get him out of there in the 6th or 7th inning. Jensen is good on the closing in so we need to get to Belisario, League, or Guerrier and hit them hard!

vCash
    In the old days, the Braves would have the superior rotation and would be shown the door. Maybe it works in their favor this time.

vCash
    You guys think there is a chance Walden doesn't make the rosters and in his place David Hale will? He was great in his two starts, he can really get groundballs and that could be huge in tough situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Well the lowest ERA teams face off....... Hopefully we can work his pitch count and get him out of there in the 6th or 7th inning. Jensen is good on the closing in so we need to get to Belisario, League, or Guerrier and hit them hard!
    Leauge might not make the playoff roster, and Gurrier is on the Cubs now, he was traded for Carlos Marmol, which has worked out really well for both teams.

vCash
    I think we can take them, we have good defense and not to mention the best defensive shortstop in baseball and a very powerful offense at times.

vCash
    Let's protect our home-field!

vCash
    Over the last two decades, no club has fought so much to gain "advantages" and let it all slip away than the Braves. It happened in last year's play-in game: you had homefield, your best* pitcher on the mound, and other matchups in your favor... but it all came unraveled when the one guy you expected to count on choked and threw a grounder away, then the floodgates opened.

Maybe a little bad luck mixed in, but when it's all said and done, you get what you deserve. Tired of being disrespected on the field? Make an example out of someone. Don't like being known as choke artists? Do something about it. No matter how many people make excuses, the label won't change until they do.

A lot of people just talk a good game about being "real" fans, but some of us were actually in Fulton County Stadium and Turner Field during those playoff chokejobs... and we were also in the building when this club was hovering around the basement of the division years ago. As one of my favorite movie characters Scotty Appleton famously said: "You better be ready... because you owe a lot of ****in' people."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    You won't be seeing League or Guerrier. Only in a blowout. Wilson/Belesario in 7th and Paco/Jansen as 8 and 9 inning pitchers.

Also, Guerrier isn't even with us.

UBBER ALLES

vCash
    looking forward to a great series. no team I would rather beat than the dodgers. which ever team hits the most hrs in the series will win the series

vCash
    Well is time to show this dodger who is the best team, no Andre E. AND NO M. Kent, they have a problem, if we can keep Yasiel under control. they are out. Hanley is a clown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerB24 View Post
    You won't be seeing League or Guerrier. Only in a blowout. Wilson/Belesario in 7th and Paco/Jansen as 8 and 9 inning pitchers.

Also, Guerrier isn't even with us.

Leauge might not make the playoff roster, and Gurrier is on the Cubs now, he was traded for Carlos Marmol, which has worked out really well for both teams.
    Thanks for the info guys.

vCash
    Been a Braves fan since 87. We stunk for a few years then took off. SO much disappointment in the postseason, but that is THE PAST, NOT PRESENT. We MUST remember that. We CANNOT let any curse or past failures dictate our present like the errors that did us in against the Cardinals last year. That should have NEVER happened. Every player needs to be responsible for his game, both defensively, and offensively, but you have to relax and play like you know you can. Every team is different. It's always hard to tell which team is truly meant to win it all until the playoffs start. It really is like starting over at zero. I truly hope the dominant power Braves from the first half of the season show up. If they do, we can crush our opposition EVERY NIGHT. Earlier this year you didn't know which guys were going to hit home runs from day to day. We beat the sh** out of teams and imposed our will both in pitching and hitting. We swept these guys at home this year and won 5 of 7 from them overall. Kemp is out. If we just walk Puig when necessary, we shouldn't have much of a problem with the rest of their lineup. We match up with them pitcher for pitcher. Our bullpen is even stronger. It truly boils down to our power guys doing what we know and have seen they are capable of. I think this team has the ability to win it all this year, I really really do. They remind me of the 91 Braves that should have won it all. They have to believe it, they have to pull together if chips are down in the playoff this year and play the game from inning to inning, not game to game, they have to forget the past and only look ahead, they have to go out and win these 3 series and prove that this year's Division crown stands for something. Just play for the moment and as a motivator, remember the line from Moneyball: "Man, I've been doing this for... listen, man. I've been in this game a long time. I'm not in it for a record, I'll tell you that. I'm not in it for a ring. That's when people get hurt. If we don't win the last game of the Series, they'll dismiss us. I know these guys. I know the way they think, and they will erase us. And everything we've done here, none of it'll matter. Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something." - Billy Beane

Make it finally mean something again Braves. We all believe in you guys. We know that you can. We believe that you will. GO BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!
    1991 Lost WS to Twins 4-3
    1992 Lost WS to Blue Jays 4-2
    1993 Lost NLCS to Phillies 4-2
    1996 Lost WS to Yankees 4-2 (led 2-0)
    1997 Lost NLCS to Marlins 4-2
    1998 Lost NLCS to Padres 4-2
    1999 Lost WS 4-0 to Yankees
    2000 Lost NLDS 3-0 to Cardinals
    2001 Lost NLCS to Diamondbacks 4-1
    2002 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Giants
    2003 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Cubs
    2004 Lost NLDS 3-2 to Astros
    2005 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Astros
    2010 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Giants
    2012 Lost NLWC 1-0 to Cardinals
    2013 Lost NLDS 3-1 to Dodgers

vCash
    I'm back! Been a while, no internet, tons of hours at my new job, just been crazy!!!

Ready to see this series get started!!

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast