Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    Can't wait
    Let's Go Pens! - Only 14 More Wins

vCash
    We're projecting Barmes to start?
    NL HR Leader & NL MVP

vCash
    I am. He has been playing more and more and he got the entire day off on Sunday. I'm not too happy about it but I'm expecting it.

vCash
    I'd want Mercer's offense for the majority of the game and then Barmes can come in to provide some defense. I don't like it

vCash
    any word on the play off roster

vCash
    Pirates have to submit it by 10 AM today. Initial reports said it would not be out to the public until after that. Hurdle did say he is carrying 16 hitters and 9 pitchers though. The 9 pitchers are known to be Liriano, Cole and the 7 regular bullpen arms (Grilli, Melancon, Watson, Wilson, Mazzaro, Morris, Gomez).

vCash
    I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating on anything. How I'm feeling now I don't think I ever really felt before. I'm nervous, anxious, excited and ready to go right now. Sleep alluded me last night but I sit here wide awake just waiting for 8 o'clock to get here. This is real. I really do wish I could convey this feeling better but it is probably a moot point as anyone who is reading this is probably feeling the same way.

vCash
    Well, I have officially blocked off a couple of hours tonight to watch the game in peace. Can't wait to see a loud, blacked out crowd and more importantly, some hometown playoff baseball

vCash
    I have absolutely no ability to focus on anything right now. Its an intense feeling right now and the game is still hours away.

Playoff roster is set

P: Liriano, Cole, Grilli, Melancon, Watson, Wilson, Mazzaro, Morris, Gomez
    C: Martin, Buck, Sanchez
    1B: Morneau, Jones, Sanchez
    IF: Walker, Alvarez, Barmes, Mercer, Harrison
    OF: Marte, McCutchen, Byrd, Tabata, Snider

Only one who is even a bit surprising is Snider. I figured they would carry a 2nd left handed bat but was expecting Pie for his pinch running ability.

vCash
    My productivity today has been non-existent. I'm so antsy. I can't imagine what you life-long Pirates fans are dealing with.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    I haven't been able to think of anything but this game since Sunday....I'm so hyped!!!!

vCash
    Surprised Farnsworth didn't make it...I might have preferred him over Gomez. I don't think Gomez has value in any role except long relief...and there's no value in that tonight.

Snider over Pie is a minor quip too.

But who cares. The reality is if the Pirates need anyone besides Grilli, Melancon or Wilson/Watson out of the pen they're probably doomed anyways.
    [IMG]hi[/IMG]

vCash
    Good luck guys. I am rooting for your team to win today! Judging from the posts in this thread it sounds like Pitt fans are taking this game like a Cub fan would if they made it to game 7 of the world series. Just doesn't happen often huh? Anyway, good luck again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D Blue987 View Post
    Good luck guys. I am rooting for your team to win today! Judging from the posts in this thread it sounds like Pitt fans are taking this game like a Cub fan would if they made it to game 7 of the world series. Just doesn't happen often huh? Anyway, good luck again!
    For the most part in this forum we are all 20 somethings (apologies to those who aren't). Its been 21 years since a game of this magnitude involved the Pirates. This game takes on a special significance to all Pirates fans but especially this generation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast