Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Post Justin Tuck pledges to punch anyone in the mouth who turns on Tom Coughlin

Justin Tuck pledges to punch anyone in the mouth who turns on Tom Coughlin

It's getting a bit feisty around the New York Giants. They are 0-4, and this talented but flawed team is starting to grasp for answers — and apparently are ready to resort to violence to prevent a mutiny.

What? Yep.

Justin Tuck, who has been a vocal leader on the team for years and who has had his ups and downs with head coach Tom Coughlin, is fully in his coach's corner right now.

Tuck told the told the New York Daily News that he is ready to come out swinging if anyone goes against Coughlin now, with the Giants off to their worst, non-strike-season start since 1979.

“If anyone turns on our coach, I would be the first one to punch him in the mouth,” Tuck said. “And put that in print. It better not happen, I know that."

Now ... would Victor Cruz's comments qualify as turning on Coughlin? You be the judge. Cruz openly questioned Coughlin's decision to punt on fourth-and-short with the Giants trailing 10-7 against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. It was late in the third quarter, and the Giants were at their own 30-yard line.

“I thought we should have gone for it on that fourth down,” Cruz said. “It’s coach’s call at the end of the day.”

The Giants punted. Dexter McCluster ran the ensuing punt back for a tide-changing touchdown. Cruz felt that was a coaching error, even so deep in their own zone. He'd have gone for it.

“If it was me? Yes. Because we had the momentum,” Cruz said. “I felt it was a yard, not even a yard, half a yard, we’ve got to take a risk at some point and make something happen.”

When asked if they should have gone for it, Tuck had a different opinion — no, he said, adding that Cruz was "an idiot" for thinking so. An idiot?

“When it comes to coaching, yeah,” Tuck said.

First things first: Coughlin won't be fired in season. With two Super Bowls and a franchise revival on his watch, he has earned enough cred to, good grief, make it through the entirety of 2013.

Second: The Giants are currently two games back in the NFC East, and no division team is above .500. The Redskins were 3-6 entering Week 11 last season, three games behind the Giants in the win column, and still won the East. The Giants winning the division this season would not be an impossible feat, given the circumstances.

Oh sure, the offense is out of sync and the defense has yet to play four quality quarters to date. But if the Giants can avoid second-guessing and punching each other while they right the ship, they might not be in the world of hurt everyone thinks they're in.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3551--nfl.html

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    LOL...Tuck must be feeling better, he wants to knock a mother****er out...at least he's not moping around on the sidelines like a little girl.

He ought to knock out Fewell for having him dance around on the dline like a ****ing fool running stunts like you're LT or something.

I don't agree with Victor Cruz comments, he should've ran his route a yard deeper and he would've had the first down.

Hey, but on another note....TC is so ****ing boring ....his coaching staff is so damn one dimensional and predictable.....HOW ABOUT A FAKE PUNT CALL???? Steve Weatherford is as athletic as an kicker in the league...he lifts more weights than a lot of wr and DBs.

When was the last time we faked a freaking punt or FG. If I can recall TC iced his own kicker just before the half. Tuck needs to shut up and play.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Tuck looks a whole lot better this year.

Cruz is sill for saying that. Playing a top Defense in the NFL on a day when they're converting no 3rd downs in a year where the offense is struggling he wants to go for it on 4th at THEIR OWN 30? Come on. You guys have 3 shots to get the 1st, why would anyone believe a 4th try would work?

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    LOL...Tuck must be feeling better, he wants to knock a mother****er out...at least he's not moping around on the sidelines like a little girl.

He ought to knock out Fewell for having him dance around on the dline like a ****ing fool running stunts like you're LT or something.

I don't agree with Victor Cruz comments, he should've ran his route a yard deeper and he would've had the first down.

Hey, but on another note....TC is so ****ing boring ....his coaching staff is so damn one dimensional and predictable.....HOW ABOUT A FAKE PUNT CALL???? Steve Weatherford is as athletic as an kicker in the league...he lifts more weights than a lot of wr and DBs.

When was the last time we faked a freaking punt or FG. If I can recall TC iced his own kicker just before the half. Tuck needs to shut up and play.
    Totally agree on the fake punt call. Weatherford is fast as ****. He's a gym rat. Let that guy run for a 1st at least once.

I will say though, Coughlin has gone for it on 4th a lot more often in recent years than he ever used to. I like the aggressive calls.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Tuck looks a whole lot better this year.

Cruz is sill for saying that. Playing a top Defense in the NFL on a day when they're converting no 3rd downs in a year where the offense is struggling he wants to go for it on 4th at THEIR OWN 30? Come on. You guys have 3 shots to get the 1st, why would anyone believe a 4th try would work?

Totally agree on the fake punt call. Weatherford is fast as ****. He's a gym rat. Let that guy run for a 1st at least once.

I will say though, Coughlin has gone for it on 4th a lot more often in recent years than he ever used to. I like the aggressive calls.
    yeah, Weatherford is a freak athlete...he might be able to break one for a TD.

But on a serious note...it's not the culture of our football team. We're just not risk takers, we're stuck in running the football and being conservative and there's nothing wrong with that when you have a seasoned O line, a solid running game and a dominate Defense...you can do **** like that ...but when you have raw talent you got to be innovative AT TIMES.

Love TC ...don't get me wrong but Bill Cowher is that type of HC that will mix it up and be aggressive the entire game. Gilbride is really stunting Eli's growth. Eli can't do **** without permission...or he's hesitant.

Eli needs Parcells in his prime right now.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    yeah, Weatherford is a freak athlete...he might be able to break one for a TD.
    I always think about that while he's holding for a FG. Like just get up and run it in.

vCash
    Screw tuck all he does is talk. He should retire already and just stick to the subway commercials. That guy is one of the biggest disappointments i can remember. I thought he was gonna be the next Strahan or **** even the next Osi for us. He is a shell of what he was in 07..to your point is is playing better then last year but thats not saying much at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I always think about that while he's holding for a FG. Like just get up and run it in.
    Forget the fake field goal id let him play RB ..how much worse can it get lol

vCash
    I can think of a few people on here I'd like to punch in the face