Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Should Jerry Reese be on the hot seat?

I know he's win 2 superbowls, but look at his moves he has made. He's made a lot of mistakes.

look at his signings.

Canty, choosing Canty over Cofield was an idiotic move on his part, now when you look at it he cut Canty after three seasons basically saying he made a mistake.

Not resigning Blackburn, yes although Blackburn shouldn't be a starter, he would of been great for depth. Now with Connor out we really miss him. And I know Herlizch had his best game of his career but I've seen Blackburn make more outstanding plays then Herz.

Failing to draft a LB, it's the same song over and over and he has failed to deliver a reliable LB. Failed to draft one and a guy like Darryl Smith was available (who's having a really good season btw) and we passed on him. He passed up on guys like (Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Navarro Bowman, Bobby Wagner etc guys who I were begging for him to draft)

Signing Baas, Reese and his overpaying ways, another average player who's been payed like an probowl player. He was injury prone before and is now even when he was heathly he wasn't good hints why the niners line drastically improved after his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash
    I guess this is what it took for people to realize that JR is dramatically overrated as a GM, which I've been saying for ****ing years

vCash
    If I remember right, Cofield wanted a lot more money than what Canty got paid. Plus there was injury concerns that made it too risky a move (Skins don't care about risks).

I like Blackburn, but he shouldn't have been re-signed; they SHOULD have targeted a bigger name in the draft or FA.

There's basically 2 deals that I think Reese made poor decisions on: Baas and Rocky Bernard. But the Bernard deal went away in the end.

Not for nothing, but Canty was pretty damn good for us and was key in the SB run.

If by "hot seat" you mean should Reese be fired this year.....no. If by "hot seat" you mean he should be accountable and Mara should be pressing him or a threat to shape it up in the next year or so, then yes. But I don't think it's personnel. I think Reese needs to be accountable for not pushing Coughlin enough last year about changing up the coordinators and especially getting rid of Quinn who has been a disaster for too long. For years we've watched average blocking, average kick coverage and tons of penalties on STs. At least firing one guy would send a message to the team.

After the last SB win I think everyone has just gotten too comfortable. Like they're entitled to their positions. Reese needed to send a message after last year's collapse that somebody, ANYBODY, can be fired or cut based on crap performance.

vCash
    YES YES YES!!!!!

and did I mention YES!!

FIRE JERRY!!!
    Quarterback Class of 2004 1st Round starters

vCash
    everyone's a fair game at this point.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    No...I don't think JR should be on the hot seat. Don't have a problem with the signings...we won a chip....gotta pay guys, so I don't have a problem with that.

JR give guys time to produce...when they don't, he goes to plan B, if plan B doesn't work out he goes to plan C. JR is very well prepared in his moves. He has a plan in conjunction to the salary cap and I think he's done a fantastic job with that aspect of his GM position.

We're 0-4 but you can't over the fact that the NFC east is the weakest division in football and it goes down to the wire to win the division. At 0-4 we're just 2 games out with plenty of football to play. Our guys just have to continue to improve while creating better chemistry.

The biggest problem I see with the team is coaching right now...all around the board. That has to get better. TC loyalty is good but almost to a fault...I've seen him chew out Fewell...ST coaches but never KG. KG needs to get chewed out sometimes.

TC is a great HC but let's not forget that it took Micheal Strahan to change TC philosophy in his approach to becoming a better HC. The 2 SBs extended TC contracts ....it's not like he's been so consistent and Great from day one.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    If I remember right, Cofield wanted a lot more money than what Canty got paid. Plus there was injury concerns that made it too risky a move (Skins don't care about risks).

I like Blackburn, but he shouldn't have been re-signed; they SHOULD have targeted a bigger name in the draft or FA.

There's basically 2 deals that I think Reese made poor decisions on: Baas and Rocky Bernard. But the Bernard deal went away in the end.

Not for nothing, but Canty was pretty damn good for us and was key in the SB run.

If by "hot seat" you mean should Reese be fired this year.....no. If by "hot seat" you mean he should be accountable and Mara should be pressing him or a threat to shape it up in the next year or so, then yes. But I don't think it's personnel. I think Reese needs to be accountable for not pushing Coughlin enough last year about changing up the coordinators and especially getting rid of Quinn who has been a disaster for too long. For years we've watched average blocking, average kick coverage and tons of penalties on STs. At least firing one guy would send a message to the team.

After the last SB win I think everyone has just gotten too comfortable. Like they're entitled to their positions. Reese needed to send a message after last year's collapse that somebody, ANYBODY, can be fired or cut based on crap performance.
    I mean Canty was good but not for the money we paid him.

I wanted Blackburn back, but only for depth. Resigning Blackburn was a no brainier for depth and special team purposes.

And he was an overrated drafter. Think about it, we probably would of had an even worse team if certain things didn't go our way.

Raiders reaching for McClain and Heyward Bey. Now we all wanted him, but thank god the Raiders drafted him. Instead we drafted Nicks and JPP 2 players that helped us win a second ring.

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post

I wanted Blackburn back, but only for depth. Resigning Blackburn was a no brainier for depth and special team purposes.

And he was an overrated drafter. Think about it, we probably would of had an even worse team if certain things didn't go our way.

Raiders reaching for McClain and Heyward Bey. Now we all wanted him, but thank god the Raiders drafted him. Instead we drafted Nicks and JPP 2 players that helped us win a second ring.
    Agreed on Blackburn. I mean I like Blackburn a lot, but for all the money and talent on our Dline, I'd rather give that up for a stand out MLB who can be a real game changer.

Wonder if we have a shot at Angerer next offseason.

vCash
    JR is still living off of that 07 draft class, since then he's been ok and had drafted a few good players..

G you know this better then anyone that I've never been all high on him and I've been saying that since everyone was in love with him. I've always seen his faults and I knew they would catch up sooner or later.

Gotta be honest it's funny that people want to go at him now even though I've been saying this since the SB's..

O and I'm so ****ing tired of him getting credit for Smith going and finding Cruz cause that's complete horse ****, they wanted Smith back but **** got personal and Cruz was ALL Cruz.. People forget we had Hixon and Stokely in the slot until they both got injured and Cruz came in and just blew up.. JR gets no ****ing credit for that what so ever..

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post

Canty was HUGE in our SB run...we came together as a unit on the D Line, Canty was a big part of that. Unfortunately he got hurt the following season, along with JPP and Tuck.

I liked Chase but he's no spring chicken...hell of a football player but had we brought him back for depth....he would be starting now because of Conner being out...Chase can't play forever...but our hope was that one of the younger LB would step up and do a solid job.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    you realize GM's responsibilities go far beyond just drafting players out of college and signing players off FA? I hold him responsible for sticking with the current coaching staff for as long as he has.

vCash
    The thing that pisses me off the most is that he wastes picks on luxury rather than focusing on need.
    I understand the 'best player available' approach but recently he's just been wasting picks.

Our offensive line has been old for a while now, he hasnt improved it at all. I think the reason for our terrible run production in recent years has been because of the offensive line. He refuses to improve the line backers. Our corners are overrated. We've seen Ward, leave, Jacobs regress and leave the same with bradshaw and all we have to show for it is David Wilson.

vCash
    I'm sorry but this is too funny how everyone is crying about him now, I've been saying this **** for years while EVERYONE was up his ***..

Should he be on notice, yea.. She he be fired.. NO and this is coming from one of his biggest critics..

Anyone who post in here a lot knows I always said he was over rated but he's still a young good GM.. We have a lot of money coming off the books this off season and I expect them to revamp this team and assistant coaches.. if not then I will be calling for his head..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I'm sorry but this is too funny how everyone is crying about him now, I've been saying this **** for years while EVERYONE was up his ***..

Should he be on notice, yea.. She he be fired.. NO and this is coming from one of his biggest critics..

Anyone who post in here a lot knows I always said he was over rated but he's still a young good GM.. We have a lot of money coming off the books this off season and I expect them to revamp this team and assistant coaches.. if not then I will be calling for his head..
    I swear you have his pic up at home and throw darts at it Yeah for sure you've been on him for a while.

I still like him just fine. I don't think he's the best GM anyone can have, but I think he's damn good and far better than the majority of the NFL GMs out there. There is some serious damaged goods out there running football teams.

vCash
    Wow 1 bad season and fans are calling for everyones head what a joke won us 2 superbowls now hes considered terrible?

Reese will draft a stud in the draft n everyone will be ridin again hard

Most teams never win even 1 superbowl weve won 2 with Reese now were going to turn on him what a non appreciative fan base

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast