James Van Reimsdyk
    (18 goals, 32 points)
    Thomas Plakanec
    (14 goals, 33 points)

GO LEAFS GO!

vCash
    cant wait! hockey in october is baaaaaaaaaaack

vCash
    BELEAF! I wonder what 6 dmen we're going to pencil in tomorrow.

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    Anybody think they go 7 dmen? Have a feeling they roll out 7 dmen and 11 forwards. No McLaren means we're short a forward anyway, and dressing 7 dmen means you can use all of Ranger, Fraser, and Rielly, and it also means you can roll those guys out in different situations, Leafs get a small lead late, maybe that 3rd pair is Ranger/Fraser, maybe they become part of the second pair and Franson/Gardiner get less minutes. Down by a couple? Maybe the 3rd pair is Gunnarsson/Ranger and Rielly moves into the top 4 with Dion, Franson, and Gardiner. Game is out of reach, maybe Rielly/Ranger becomes the top pair and they get a good long look at the kid to see what he's got?

Gives you more options on the PP/PK too. Dion, Franson, Gardiner, and Rielly looks a lot lot better than having to use Gunnarsson or Ranger on the PP. Plus Dion, Gunnarsson, Ranger, and Fraser looks better than having to use Rielly, Gardiner, and Franson on the PK (although I'd like to see maybe all of those guys get some PK time).

And I really REALLY hope they go with Franson and Gardiner as that second pair. Those 2 were fantastic in the Boston series and I'd really like to see them get a real shot to play together. Its a real good pair and I think they can be effective on both ends. Fraser isn't a top 4 dman and Ranger should be eased back in at the very least. Franson, Gardiner, and Rielly taking big steps forward could be the difference in whether Dion gets re-signed or not which is something I really hope they try to figure out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    Anybody think they go 7 dmen? Have a feeling they roll out 7 dmen and 11 forwards. No McLaren means we're short a forward anyway, and dressing 7 dmen means you can use all of Ranger, Fraser, and Rielly, and it also means you can roll those guys out in different situations, Leafs get a small lead late, maybe that 3rd pair is Ranger/Fraser, maybe they become part of the second pair and Franson/Gardiner get less minutes. Down by a couple? Maybe the 3rd pair is Gunnarsson/Ranger and Rielly moves into the top 4 with Dion, Franson, and Gardiner. Game is out of reach, maybe Rielly/Ranger becomes the top pair and they get a good long look at the kid to see what he's got?

Gives you more options on the PP/PK too. Dion, Franson, Gardiner, and Rielly looks a lot lot better than having to use Gunnarsson or Ranger on the PP. Plus Dion, Gunnarsson, Ranger, and Fraser looks better than having to use Rielly, Gardiner, and Franson on the PK (although I'd like to see maybe all of those guys get some PK time).

And I really REALLY hope they go with Franson and Gardiner as that second pair. Those 2 were fantastic in the Boston series and I'd really like to see them get a real shot to play together. Its a real good pair and I think they can be effective on both ends. Fraser isn't a top 4 dman and Ranger should be eased back in at the very least. Franson, Gardiner, and Rielly taking big steps forward could be the difference in whether Dion gets re-signed or not which is something I really hope they try to figure out.
    I think your bang on with that one.. If the Leafs only carry 20 players you can bet Carlyle is going to use them all. Hopefully you can offset the Clarkson suspension with the added options on the back end and then maybe send down Rielly at the 9 game mark. You also wouldn't have to play Dion 25 minutes a night and perhaps give him more energy to put into his offensive game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faridk89 View Post
    BELEAF! I wonder what 6 dmen we're going to pencil in tomorrow.
    I imagine it would be

Phaneuf - Gun
    Gardiner - Franson
    Ranger - Reilly

vCash
    That's not a very good lineup defensively. Fasier will be in there.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That's not a very good lineup defensively. Fasier will be in there.
    I hope not, although I wouldn't mind him taking Ranger's spot.

vCash
    According to mapleleafs.com, Carlyle has stated he is going to dress 12 forwards and 6 defencemen. Which means that Troy Bodie will be called up tomorrow morning when McLaren is sent down. One of Rielly, Ranger, or Fraser will sit. You'd hope it wouldn't be Rielly but I'm not sure why they would leave Fraser/Ranger out of game 1 when they are the 2 defensive dmen.

vCash
    http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....L%7CTOR%7Chome

The article goes on to state that Rielly is likely sitting in the press box. Which is absolutely mind-boggling...

James van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Phil Kessel
    Joffrey Lupul - Nazem Kadri - Nikolai Kulemin
    Mason Raymond - Dave Bolland - Troy Bodie
    Carter Ashton - Jay McClement - Colton Orr

Dion Phaneuf - Carl Gunnarsson
    Jake Gardiner - Paul Ranger
    Cody Franson - Mark Fraser

Jonathan Bernier/James Reimer (not yet decided)

vCash
    Does Rielly's 9 game clock start only if he's active? If so, maybe he'll sit the 1st game and then play the next 9 and will go down when Clarkson gets back?

Carlyle maybe doesnt want him overwhelmed opening night in Montreal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by North Yorker View Post
    Does Rielly's 9 game clock start only if he's active? If so, maybe he'll sit the 1st game and then play the next 9 and will go down when Clarkson gets back?

Carlyle maybe doesnt want him overwhelmed opening night in Montreal?
    He has to play the game for it to count. It doesn't count if hes in the press box.
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    So ****ing stoked for tomorrow night's game! Go Leafs!

As for the defensive pairings, looks just about the way Carlyle would have it. We all know how Carlyle is with young players (not named Kadri) so let's not kid ourselves into thinking Rielly has a legit shot at showing us what he's capable of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jays Claw View Post
    So ****ing stoked for tomorrow night's game! Go Leafs!

As for the defensive pairings, looks just about the way Carlyle would have it. We all know how Carlyle is with young players (not named Kadri) so let's not kid ourselves into thinking Rielly has a legit shot at showing us what he's capable of.
    We had the youngest team in the league last year, pretty inaccurate to make this claim. Yes, he's been hard on Gardiner but other than him...

vCash
    Im surprised no one is talking about how kessel might be making 8.1 by tomorrows game...they started talking contract tonight

Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast