Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

DJ Hayden Looks Horrible So Far

This guy been under the radar these last couple weeks. I for one have not been impressed with this kid at all. He missed 6 tackles last Monday and got beat easy for the TD today vs the redskins. He missed many tackles vs the jags and colts as well. He's getting beat bad and is not showing any promise. I'm not saying he's a bust because it's way too early to tell but the guy hasn't made one play in 4 games. I'm not expecting him to have 10 picks or even 1 pick for that matter I just want to see him make a play. Don't bring up the "look at dee milliner " crap because he has nothing to do with this kid.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Rookies tend to play like rookies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Rookies tend to play like rookies.
    According to DA and Reggie's when they drafted him they said "the guy can flat out cover "... Cover what ? He ain't covering receivers. He's a Rookie excuse go ahead use but can he make one play at at least? So far he hasn't. Hopefully he turns out to be the next Richard Sherman but not looking good so far.

vCash
    Besides the one td he gave up and it seemed like his coverage was pretty good today...I know that obviously the one play he messed up on gave up a td, but at the same time cb is probably the hardest position for rookies to come in and be successful right away (behind qb of course).....

Nnamdi and Cwood struggled their rookie years too....just sayin..

I'm not saying he's not struggling..I guess my point is what else were you expecting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelz0376 View Post
    Besides the one td he gave up and it seemed like his coverage was pretty good today...I know that obviously the one play he messed up on gave up a td, but at the same time cb is probably the hardest position for rookies to come in and be successful right away (behind qb of course).....

Nnamdi and Cwood struggled their rookie years too....just sayin..

I'm not saying he's not struggling..I guess my point is what else were you expecting?
    Like stated before I'm not expecting this guy to be a shutdown corner off the bat but he's not doing simple assignment like tackling. He hasn't made one play at all. He got benched for Porter and when he gets a shot to play he gets beat. For a guy who Reggie was suppose to draft 3rd overall he's struggling way too much.
    Last edited by RaiderFanBL9; 09-30-2013 at 02:08 AM.

vCash
    I expected more from Hayden, but he has not been bad.

The 'missed tackles' thing is far overblown - many of the "missed" tackles have come when Hayden was trying to strip the ball from a receiver.

vCash
    In all fairness to Hayden, he is playing like a rookie would play. His play has been okay, not great but okay. As for the other DB's they aren't rookies and they all have as many interceptions as Hayden.......0.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderIke37 View Post
    In all fairness to Hayden, he is playing like a rookie would play. His play has been okay, not great but okay. As for the other DB's they aren't rookies and they all have as many interceptions as Hayden.......0.
    Amerson who had the pick 6 agaisnt us is a rookie. But yea Hayden has been doing ok. Yes I have expected more from him but he is a rookie. As others stated CB is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to come into and excel. Expect him to continue to grow as the season continues.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Amerson who had the pick 6 agaisnt us is a rookie. But yea Hayden has been doing ok. Yes I have expected more from him but he is a rookie. As others stated CB is one of the hardest positions for a rookie to come into and excel. Expect him to continue to grow as the season continues.
    My 8 year cousin would have intercepted that ball. It was a gift.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    another stupid move by Reggie. Cant believe he was actually considering taking him at #3. Oh, actually it's Reggie so I wouldn't have been shocked if he took him #1 overall if he had the 1st pick. Sio Moore hasnt done **** either. What happen to I am the best linebacker in the draft? I really hope if we end up 3-13, 4-12 Reggie isnt given another draft because he will find a way to take his guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    My 8 year cousin would have intercepted that ball. It was a gift.
    Possible yes. I was just responding to his notion that no rookie DB has an int.
    Raiders Keith McGill

PSD Mock Draft Raiders GM
    1st Anothony Barr OLB UCLA
    2nd Dominique Easley DT University of Florida
    3rd Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee
    4th Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson
    4th Jordan Zumwalt ILB/OLB UCLA
    5th Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech
    5th Richard Rodgers, TE, California
    5th Vinnie Sunseri, S, Alabama
    6th Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska
    7th Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon
    7th Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State

vCash
    Let's wait till next year to get on his case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Possible yes. I was just responding to his notion that no rookie DB has an int.
    LoL

vCash
    Still his first year, give him time. 1st round picks tend to get scrutinized for their mistakes more so than there positive plays.

Hayden will be successful, just not this year.

I've been frustrated with him myself but you can't come down on him too hard just yet. You always hear about the bad, never the good. I've seen him have excellent coverage at times but there's no threads about that. You will only notice the bad.

Next game he'll have 2 picks and someone will post a thread praising him. We're only 4 games into his rookie season, lighten up a bit.

vCash
    Our "difference maker" which can "flat out cover" has shown usually nothing! He is not making tackles, does nit play physical, and clearly is not ready to be a starter in this leauge. Foolish pick by RM! Also the "Nmandi DS not do good his rookie year" is a bunch of crap as well ans this is DJ and this year.
    Last edited by Raider_Vet; 09-30-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast