Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do You Think the Dwight Howard/Omer Asik Pairing Will Work?

There are questions about how this pairing will affect the Rockets offense but the way I see it, the duo could be so dominant defensively they more than make up for any loss in offensive output.

Look back at how effective the Taj Gibson/Asik pairing was for the Bulls. They locked down the paint and as a pairing held offenses to less than 90 points per 100 possessions (the worst offense in the league last year averaged 100.2 points per 100). The offense did suffer because neither guy was a threat outside the restricted area but the two years Asik and Taj played together they were +6.1 and +7.2 points per 36 minutes and the Bench Mob often extended the leads they inherited.

Dwight Howard is better than Taj on both ends of the floor and the Rockets are going to have more threats from the perimeter than the Bulls did so I could see the two centers lineup succeed. Probably still a good idea to stagger Asik's and Dwight's minutes so they aren't always on the court together.
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    No , need a PF like Ryan Anderson or Booz next to Howard

vCash
    Don't think you can compare Taj/Asik to this pairing because Taj played PF. Dwight and Asik are both bulky, slow footed centers. I don't see either being able to step out and guard PF's consistently. On offense neither will be able to score outside of the paint consistently which will make them much easier to stop. Against other big, slow frontcourts like Memphis they would be fine but most teams are running smaller now. Teams with no outside shooting ability, forced to drive a lot would get shut down though.

I predict Asik will be a backup or traded, they won't play well for long stretches paired up. Interior defense and rebounding would be insane but overall man D and offensively it's got disaster written all over it.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-29-2013 at 07:34 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    I don't think boozer is a great fit. It's better than asik but still someone with a better outside would be ideal for the rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    Asik alone is more valuable than Boozer.

vCash
    Did CN just call Dwight slow footed? WTF? Oh you got banned

8. 09-30-2013, 02:07 AM
    Reason
    Insult - SFrush90

vCash
    Offensively I don't think so. Defensively, most likely yes.

vCash
    no, because both play their games primarily from within 10'. If you want to work in two major pieces that are at the 4&5, you need at least one who can stretch the floor a little bit. Preferably both.

vCash

Do You Think the Dwight Howard/Omer Asik Pairing Will Work?

Literally 0 room for Harden to drive in the paint but that's going to be a tough front court to go against. Huge bodies, only the Grizzlies front court can compete against them.

vCash
    I don't think it'll be too effective. An Ideal situation would be to trade a stretch 4 for Asik. Guys like Anderson, Barfnani. Obviously Dirk and Love would be nice, but it would take a ton more to get them from Dallas/Minnesota.
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    They'll be okay. Defensively, Dwight always used to cover the best frontcourt player anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Did CN just call Dwight slow footed? WTF? Oh you got banned
    Yea I couldn't believe that either, but it's early in the morning so I wasn't in the mood to pick it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    Not at all. The rockets should trade him for a good PF and bonafided sixth man.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    So are you guys saying this combo is going to work worse than the Asik + Greg Smith pairing that Houston won with last year?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast