Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What are your feelings on Z coming back?

So with GMZ coming back for another season what are your feeling and reactions?

Personally im pretty sure he is going to "Bavasi" this up big time. throw way to much money at dumb FAs, make a trade(s) that will crush our prospect ranks/over pay in a deal, and continue this path toward DINGERZ which clearly has not worked, and more RAUL

its gone from in GMZ we trust to oh crap what desperate and stupid thing is next for me

vCash
    I have no issue with him sticking around.

None whatsoever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post

None whatsoever
    im gad you feel that way. i want to as well, i really do

the lame duck status he has right now freaks me out. i hope he is smart and avoids the desperation job saving moves that harm us more down the road

vCash

None whatsoever
    It's kind of 'meh' to me.

He's proven to be a pretty bad trader, and not very good with free agents.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I'm kind of in the middle. I was fine with Z keeping his job but now I'm kindling starting to wonder if players and managers see our GM on his last leg and there being chances that a new GM could be on the way. I fear that they'll see a rebuild around the corner again and stay away from us.

Somehow, someway, we need to figure out how to land some big free agents this offseason for our lineup.

vCash
    That basically sums it up for me. More or less.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    im gad you feel that way. i want to as well, i really do

the lame duck status he has right now freaks me out. i hope he is smart and avoids the desperation job saving moves that harm us more down the road
    this is how i feel.

he knows he is on borrowed time and needs to make significiant improvement, so caution might go to the wind, which could be a good thing but scares me.

and i think he has been a really bad GM. hes made some good moves and had some bad luck but hes rushed specs, bad org hires, trades, signings and 4th place every yr. this year was a joke, with about 5 DHs, montero catching, saunders, harang in same rotation, ackley and that batting stance.

ultimately i think we need someone new who can take more of a rebuild approach, isn't sooo attached to some of these players and not be afraid to flip everything.

vCash
    **** Z.

Wish he was gone. This offseason could be a ****ing disaster and put the M's in a worse position than it is now.

vCash
    The problem is, if nobody wants to work for the M's now....why would they want to work for them a year from now if Z has another bad year??? Seems the M's are screwed either way....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seasun62 View Post
    The problem is, if nobody wants to work for the M's now....why would they want to work for them a year from now if Z has another bad year??? Seems the M's are screwed either way....
    Someone will take a GM job. It won't be a high profile guy but we can definitely get someone in here to take over. Doesn't mean they'll be a better fit, however.

I really would like to see them retain Jack and the draft/international scouting crew though. If Jack isn't kept on as GM, I think he must be kept on to help find young talent. He's one of the best in the business at finding undervalued talent in college and making them into successful minor leaguers. We just need someone to turn them from successful minor leaguers into successfulajor leaguers.

vCash
    Someone will take a GM job. It won't be a high profile guy but we can definitely get someone in here to take over. Doesn't mean they'll be a better fit, however.

I really would like to see them retain Jack and the draft/international scouting crew though. If Jack isn't kept on as GM, I think he must be kept on to help find young talent. He's one of the best in the business at finding undervalued talent in college and making them into successful minor leaguers. We just need someone to turn them from successful minor leaguers into successfulajor leaguers.
    I would too, but how often does that happen?

Jack has proven to be great at evaluating college and high school talent. His trades and free agents signings have been mostly God awful.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I don't think it happens all that often but he could be working himself out of a job anyways.

vCash
    I'd like to keep him on as some sort of scouting role, but if we're not going to roll with him at GM, we probably wouldn't as a head scout or head of blah blah operations.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    If he stays, he needs to go back to what got him here....more progressive approach. Yes, I want to see the saber approach he started with. Surround himself with people of like mind and make it work. (I never thought my old *** would ever say something like that...thanks MattColby...this is all YOUR fault)

vCash
    despite the state of the Ms i think the GM and manager positions are desirable jobs. Great city to live in and a passionate sports city when there is a good product. it doesnt have the scrutiny of BOS, NY, CHI or LA, and it has a much bigger budget than small market teams. not to mention the royal treatment if anyone can finally win here. and i think there are alot of guys driven by a reclamation project.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast