Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Kenny Britt?

vCash

Kenny Britt?

I saw that the Titans are shopping him, and was wondering if anyone thought he might be worth taking a flyer on? He obviously has his problems, but still has some talent. More importantly, he only makes 897,500 this year (that the Pats would have to cover), and from what I've read, the Titans would be willing to take essentially anything for him - something like a Day 3 draft pick.

I think it might be worth a shot for a conditional 6th or 7th round pick, assuming the Pats set it up based on how he performs. It's a pretty low risk/medium? reward kind of deal IMO. He could provide a nice offensive boost.

And if he didn't work out, if he isn't professional, the Pats could easily cut him. He's in the last year of the deal so it wouldn't be a major investment at all.

Thoughts? Just thinking the Pats might want to add a low cost receiver.
    Last edited by xnick5757; 09-29-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    If it was the offseason maybe but I just don't see him coming in and offering any type of improvement right now. The main issue with our receivers is chemistry and a brand new guy isn't gonna help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    If it was the offseason maybe but I just don't see him coming in and offering any type of improvement right now. The main issue with our receivers is chemistry and a brand new guy isn't gonna help that.

Yeah I understand that. I was just curious if it would be worth trading say a conditional 7th for him. I think he's definitely more talented that most of our WRs right now (of course he's a headcase).

I'd rather trade a conditional 7th for Britt than a 3/4/5 for Gordon (whose very close to a 1 year suspension)
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    So you're telling me that with a full offseason our rookies are struggling to get the play book but we can get a guy during the season that will be worth grabbing?

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    absolutely not... I went to high school with Kenny and if you think Aaron Hernandez had problems......... I'll just leave it at that.

vCash
    Injury prone as all hell

pass

vCash
    If Dobson's neck injury from last night is anything serious then maybe it's something you consider. Still, not sure how much you could expect him to come in and contribute midseason. He hasn't been very productive in TEN so far an he knows their plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I'm thinking we need to trade for a TE.

vCash
    Very unlikely to happen. The young WR's hands is the thing that scares me the most. The chemistry is not there but they juggle half the balls they do catch. Time will tell.....
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    I'll pass. Our rooks are getting it. I don't want to add any new non superstar talent. If, make that when Gronk & Amendola return along with Vereen the importance of another receiver is insignificant. The rooks will be the 5th, 6th, and 7th options for Brady. Every player that returns drops the rookie passes. We are winning and playing better every game why try to infuse anyone who isn't a number 1 from another team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captmike View Post
    I'll pass. Our rooks are getting it. I don't want to add any new non superstar talent. If, make that when Gronk & Amendola return along with Vereen the importance of another receiver is insignificant. The rooks will be the 5th, 6th, and 7th options for Brady. Every player that returns drops the rookie passes. We are winning and playing better every game why try to infuse anyone who isn't a number 1 from another team.
    I think some are worried about Dobsons injury added with Slaters injury added with DA's injury.........we are wicked thin at the wr position if Dobson is hurt
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosston View Post
    absolutely not... I went to high school with Kenny and if you think Aaron Hernandez had problems......... I'll just leave it at that.
    This.
    And with players like this, now begins the Hernandez Conundrum.
    Sure they could use him and I think he's a good player, albeit a basket case.
    If Hernandez hadn't...
    Aw, the heck with it. You know what I'm getting at.

One other thing worth mentioning: Britt is a Rutgers guy and we all know how BB feels about those Rutgers guys.
    Lots of former teammates in N.E. including Belichick's son Stephen.
    Last edited by bcc; 10-01-2013 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    I would be much more open to pursuing Britt if he didn't have serious injury problems. His knees are pretty bad and have taken away from his explosiveness. When you factor in his personal problems and the tough transition for receivers in NE, it makes the move not that appealing on the surface.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011