Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6deep is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash

What makes up Melo's best partner?

When Melo first came to New York, he and Amare were supposed to give the Knicks the best one-two punch in our quest to match Lebron/Wade. Sadly, that partnership has disappointed. When Linsanity happened there was much turmoil and question as to how Melo would play with a ball dominant scoring point guard. The latest addition of Bargnani is being questioned as a good fit. So, is it very hard to find a player that compliments Melo where the team can have greater success?

He has found a good chemistry & relationship with teamates like JR Smith and Felton and Chandler whom seem to play well off of the volume scoring Melo. I am curious as to why certain players games fit better with Melo and which NBA player out there do you believe would compliment Melo the best if he was targeted by the new GM in the future.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 6deep; 09-28-2013 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    What partner is best for 'Melo, or what partner is best for team success? I'm not sure they're the same thing. I think, because 'Melo is such an enigma, either you surround him with low USG% defenders and shooters ala Iverson, or you pair him with a special PG who won't give him any other option than to take shots within the flow of the game. These types of players are incredibly rare - Chris Paul, Rondo spring to mind.

vCash
    Since the chances of us landing one of those special PGs are close to nought, i felt the direction we took this offseason was ideal for continuing to maximize 'Melo's production, while not asking him to grow or change as a player - since its clear people get shown the door when 'Melo is asked to do such things.

vCash
    Someone who can defend, rebound, hit open shots, and keep his mouth shut.

vCash
    The plan is pretty easy actually. In 2015, you sign Rondo and either Love or Gasol to team with Melo.

Instant championship contender!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    What partner is best for 'Melo, or what partner is best for team success? I'm not sure they're the same thing. I think, because 'Melo is such an enigma, either you surround him with low USG% defenders and shooters ala Iverson, or you pair him with a special PG who won't give him any other option than to take shots within the flow of the game. These types of players are incredibly rare - Chris Paul, Rondo spring to mind.
    I am not clear as to why low USG% players would work, please expand on this.
    I see that Wade, Kobe, & Melo share low USG%, so would Wade or Kobe be a good fit with Melo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    The plan is pretty easy actually. In 2015, you sign Rondo and either Love or Gasol to team with Melo.

Instant championship contender!
    In 2015?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 6deep View Post
    In 2015?
    Yes 2015, because that's when we dump our horrendous contracts and enter the FA bonanza.

vCash
    a strech four would be ideal the perfect fit would be love because melo could play his natural position at the 3 also a center with a great post game like hibbert and the obvious ones are cp3 and rondo also lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    The player you pair Melo with must be efficient, since Melo isn't the best in that department (low post players?). As Kash touched on, a pg who limits his touches to opportunities within the flow of the game might also be ideal. Woody's biggest sin with Melo is relying on him too much.

Maybe Melo needs two pieces?

1. True point.
    2. Big with a mid-range J (Will be interesting to see what Melo and Bargs can do with the P&R)

vCash
    @OP just look at the teams Melo played on in Denver. Any of those years Melo could have and should have won title. He just ran up against all-time teams like Lakers & Spurs. This will theoretically be his BEST Knicks team since he has been here. Lets hope that when playoffs come around Bargnani/JR Smith/Stat/ or Shumpert get hot and turn into a 1B to Carmelo 1A.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    I think someone like AK47 or Artest in his prime would be the ideal 2nd banana. AK47 plays defense, can do everything on the court including run the point and be a dynamic two man option to Melo.

Of course you need other pieces, but that is what would make the most sense. If you want to preserve Melo and minimize his defensive liabilities, that is what you need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    The player you pair Melo with must be efficient, since Melo isn't the best in that department (low post players?). As Kash touched on, a pg who limits his touches to opportunities within the flow of the game might also be ideal. Woody's biggest sin with Melo is relying on him too much.

Maybe Melo needs two pieces?

1. True point.
    2. Big with a mid-range J (Will be interesting to see what Melo and Bargs can do with the P&R
    )
    exactly and in 2015 rondo should be our main focus and the 2nd piece doesn't have to be a great pf or c players like lma and even randolph would do just fine and obviously getting love would be a home rum
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    @OP just look at the teams Melo played on in Denver. Any of those years Melo could have and should have won title. He just ran up against all-time teams like Lakers & Spurs. This will theoretically be his BEST Knicks team since he has been here. Lets hope that when playoffs come around Bargnani/JR Smith/Stat/ or Shumpert get hot and turn into a 1B to Carmelo 1A.
    you are 100 percent right i can't wait for this season to start this is the best knicks team since the ewing era

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    RONDO.

Talented, tough, gritty PG who can melo easy looks. He rebounds, passes, defends and finds way to score without having to shoot jump shots.

Paul. Great vision, tough, can score and take on anybody

Rose. Quick PG who can score, he and Melo would be a devastating 1-2 punch and a nightmare in transition and half court pick and roll, especially if melo is playing the 4.

vCash
    Perfect partner for MELO Is a legit star pg who would get his respect like cp3 or rondo being that cp3 re-uped in la rondo is the best pg option... MELO needs someone that can say to him "hey your shots not falling let me help get others involved to take some pressure off of you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast