Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Moose worth "DeMarcus Cousins' money"?

Recently Cousins signed a 4yr/62mil(15.5mil/yr) contract extension with the Kings. We've been comparing the two since draft day...so now the question is, do you think Monroe is worth the contract Cousins received(or possibly even more).

I'm not sure if I'm ready to give Monroe that type of extension...yet.

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    No more than 10-12 mil in my opinion.

vCash
    To be fair I'm not sure Cousins even deserved the deal he got. Sure he's got the potential to be a stud and shows in flashes but the head problems and the poor shooting really scare me.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    He's going to get around 11 million, but this is why I said we should trade him before we pay him big money, he could net us a good return and save us cap room

vCash
    I'm not sure any team in the league would give that to Cousins other than the Kings. They've fallen so far off the NBA map they need to do anything they can to stay relevant, and if they feel Cousins is a top 5 center and worth building the franchise around, then bully for them.

vCash
    My computer is down so I don't feel like matching salaries on my phone. Let's just say though This lineup doesn't work out. I think its inevitable Granger gets traded so how about this. Granger,Stephenson and possibly a pick for Monroe and Stuckey or whatever to make salaries work.

Jennings/Billups
    Stephenson/KCP/Singler
    Granger/Datome/Singler
    Smith/CV/Mitchell
    Drummond/Harrelson

vCash
    Unless Monroe's game goes up another level, I certainly would think about trading him before the trade deadline for a scoring SG/SF. I agree with you too LOL, Cousins did get overpaid...but if Cousins is going to get overpaid, there's no doubt in my mind us(or someone else) would overpay for a guy with similar stats minus the headache of Cousins.

I got this from DBB, basically saying Monroe will get near max money and he deserves it
    Cousins' big deal in Sacramento means Greg Monroe will be getting a maximum contract -- from Detroit or from someone else. But it better be from Detroit.

Monroe, meanwhile, is still playing on his rookie deal. Still the sixth-highest-paid player on his own team. Still earning in 82 games what George could earn in 18.

He also doesn't looked poised to sign a contract extension this season and says he's not talking about his contract status all year so don't even bother bringing it up. And, again, I say just so that is crystal clear -- he has produced more to this point in his career than any of the above players(John Wall, Paul George, & DeMarcus Cousins)

Devin Dignam at Wages of Wins evaluated all of the best 2010 draft picks and figure out what their expected five-year value would be. George finished first with play expected to be worth approximately $103.5 million. Monroe finished second with production roughly worth $90 million.

Do you know where Cousins finished? Twelfth. Worth about $22.9 million over five years. That would be mean the Kings overpaid by, oh, $57 million.

It's about paying a guy what he is worth. It's about rewarding Greg Monroe for being one of the two best players in his draft class and one of the best young big men in the NBA. It's about giving Monroe a maximum contract extension.

Because I don't want, and am not sureb
    So basically give Monroe the max because he's better than Cousins

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    I'm just happy we're not going to give him $60m+ right now. He can prove hes worth it next season though.

vCash
    Let's be honest here though, DeMarcus Cousins doesn't even deserve DeMarcus Cousins money, lol.

Dathomir Rancors (1-1)

vCash
    No he's not.

4 years 50 mill is what he should get.

Get this guy the ball!!!!

vCash
    I think he should get 4 years at 10 million per season.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    He'll get $12.5 mil a year on average at minimum. Could land more too. He'll probably get an offer like that from a team if he reaches FA and the Pistons will match.

vCash
    We still have two of the top five (maybe three) young bigs in the league. I think Moose is better than Boogie and will also show better longevity. I think Moose and Dre are worth DMC money if they produce wins this year. If Moose can take us to the Playoffs with Smoove and DRE then pay him.

vCash
    Monroe is not worth the MAX or anywhere near it but he will get it from somebody and it better not be us. Trade him now or bring him off the bench to make the team better this year.

Drummond/Monroe
    Smith/Monroe
    Singler/KCP/Datome
    KCP/Stuckey
    Jennings/Billups/Bynum

vCash
    Prefer leaving the cap space more flexible and re-sign Drummond instead.

We can let Monroe leave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast