Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

The truth about the replacement

It's a war people..a war between Dolan and Prokhorov..it started with some tauntings from each side,continued with players statements,and NY media made it a gigantic issue..

Do you know how much it hurts when you own one of the most storied franchises in the league,waiting 11 years just to win 1 playoff game,to be considered the worst owner in franchise's history , and then out of nowhere a Russian guy with the attitude ''i want to win and i want it now'',brings not just another team,but the hated neighboors to new york and immediately making boisterous moves which by many considered championship moves? NY is now the Nets city and stuff like that?

I believe the answer in why Dolan replaced Grunwald is simple.
    The thing with Prokhorov has become very personal,He is on a war and now believes he has lost the scepters of the city..His ego is hurt..and he believes it's Granwald's fault..

When your enemy brings to his team KG and Pierce FOR NOTHING + Kirilenko,it is more than obvious that our GM is going to be judged for bringing in just a bunch of role players..i mean we should at least expect that comparison to Billy King..
    Dolan simply believes that his rival made the best and the most noisy additions for his team,while his team has just added some role players..

For Dolan,Grunwald failed bringing to the team a legitimate scorer which Melo openly admitted that he wants..Maybe it was impossible.maybe it wasn't..Probably it was possible in Dolan's mind though..Dolan obviously believes that we have the assets to land another star player to pair with Melo..and expected from Grunwald to make such a move,especially when ''the others'' took KG and Pierce..
    Even if he doesn't believe we have the assets,it doesn't matter..the only thing that matters is that he lost in communication battle from that Russian guy..

Of course Grunwald deserves props for bringing good role players,but can anyone tell me how many teams the last 30+ years or even in league's history won a championship with just one star player and a bunch of role players?

The conclusion is that Glen's replacement is nothing more than the consequence from that Dolan-Prokhorov war..

Oh and another thing..i don't have any opinion about Dolan,possitive or negative,just the fact that he has the habit of sticking his nose and taking decisions for his team by ιgnoring other people sometimes..but most of all i definetely don't believe he is stupid as many posters believe..
    Never consider a self made billionair stupid..

And in any case,the team that many posters believe is the second best in the east(i totally dissagree),only to miami,is set for the next two years and i can't understand why people freak out that much..

Enjoy the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gate7 greek nyk View Post
    It's a war people..a war between Dolan and Prokhorov..it started with some tauntings from each side,continued with players statements,and NY media made it a gigantic issue..

Do you know how much it hurts when you own one of the most storied franchises in the league,waiting 11 years just to win 1 playoff game,to be considered the worst owner in franchise's history , and then out of nowhere a Russian guy with the attitude ''i want to win and i want it now'',brings not just another team,but the hated neighboors to new york and immediately making boisterous moves which by many considered championship moves? NY is now the Nets city and stuff like that?

The thing with Prokhorov has become very personal,He is on a war and now believes he has lost the scepters of the city..His ego is hurt..and he believes it's Granwald's fault..

When your enemy brings to his team KG and Pierce FOR NOTHING + Kirilenko,it is more than obvious that our GM is going to be judged for bringing in just a bunch of role players..i mean we should at least expect that comparison to Billy King..
    Dolan simply believes that his rival made the best and the most noisy additions for his team,while his team has just added some role players..

For Dolan,Grunwald failed bringing to the team a legitimate scorer which Melo openly admitted that he wants..Maybe it was impossible.maybe it wasn't..Probably it was possible in Dolan's mind though..Dolan obviously believes that we have the assets to land another star player to pair with Melo..and expected from Grunwald to make such a move,especially when ''the others'' took KG and Pierce..
    Even if he doesn't believe we have the assets,it doesn't matter..the only thing that matters is that he lost in communication battle from that Russian guy..

Of course Grunwald deserves props for bringing good role players,but can anyone tell me how many teams the last 30+ years or even in league's history won a championship with just one star player and a bunch of role players?

The conclusion is that Glen's replacement is nothing more than the consequence from that Dolan-Prokhorov war..

Oh and another thing..i don't have any opinion about Dolan,possitive or negative,just the fact that he has the habit of sticking his nose and taking decisions for his team by ιgnoring other people sometimes..but most of all i definetely don't believe he is stupid as many posters believe..

And in any case,the team that many posters believe is the second best in the east(i totally dissagree),only to miami,is set for the next two years and i can't understand why people freak out that much..

Enjoy the season
    He is not a self made billionaire. Everything he has is due to his father Charles Dolan, who, while he was building his empire, Jimmy boy was somewhere puking his guts out from over-intoxication.

If you don't believe he is stupid, then you have not been following the Knicks very long, or closely.
    Last edited by Knick4Knack; 09-27-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    He is not a self made billionaire. Everything he has is due to his father Charles Dolan, who, while he he building his empire, Jimmy boy was somewhere puking his guts out from over-intoxication.

If you don't believe he is stupid, then you have not been following the Knicks very long, or closely.
    My bad.I thought he was.

vCash
    First of all, i'm fairly sure Dolan is a trust fund baby.

I disagree with your sentiment on the role players we acquired somehow faulting Grunwald. Not as far as Dolan is concerned, but you make it out like you have issues with it. This whole time, Grunwald merely cleaned up the mess DOLAN MADE when we gutted our assets for 'Melo. The idea that somehow re-stocking an already 2nd seeded team, with younger, better role players isn't making strides towards major improvement is wrong.

Even if Grun's moves don't put us over the top, he still made the most out of a bad situation. People can say whatever the hell they want about Tyson Chandler and the Billups amnesty, thats their opinion - the facts are that Grun's decisions gave us 54 wins, a second seed, and surrounded 'Melo with players allowing him to thrive.

As far as the Nets are considered, i wouldn't put any of what you said past Dolan, he is of course an imbecile. But anyone with any foresight can see the Nets aren't a major problem. Paul Pierce and KG are almost done.

I think most of us Knicka fans were confident going into this season, with this roster, but i honestly don't know how this will change things. Dolan once again ***** all over our faces.

vCash
    ^^^+1.

James Dolan cannot be trusted. He is that nasty little creature from the "Leprechaun" movies.

Throwback Sig

vCash

Enjoy the season
    2011 mavericks? 2004 pistons?
    "Teamwork makes the Dream work"

vCash
    Hey...as odd as this thread is i belive in one part of it and that is grunwald could have did alot better at geting some value from a chandler or amare trade..
    but.....this thread is a whole lot better read than that ike diogu thread I just threw up on.....smdh....

vCash
    if anybody thinks the way Grunnie was demoted had anything with the way he performed, then you obviously still dont know Dolan...period

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    2011 mavericks? 2004 pistons?
    And 94' Rockets..just 3 teams in league's history maybe..?

vCash
    If someone murdered him would anyone be surprised?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by celtics86 View Post
    If someone murdered him would anyone be surprised?
    If you're referring to Dolan then I'd say most people would be more surprised that it didn't happen sooner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    ^^^+1.

James Dolan cannot be trusted. He is that nasty little creature from the "Leprechaun" movies.
    And how dare you sit there and type that monstrosity....how are you going to insult that leprechaun creature? He deserves better than a Dolan comparison

vCash

Enjoy the season
    Proky may have escalated things but I think Dolan would have made the move even if Proky kept his mouth shut...

I just think Dolan has been been looking at this seriously flawed team and sees that Grunwald has not been doing his job in building a championship contender. This is a move that had to be made. Grunny was over matched as a GM. And quite frankly, I don't think he has the basketball knowledge to run a NBA team. Lastly, I am sure Dolan is sick of seeing Amare's contract still on the books after Grunny wasted the extremely valuable amnesty on Billups expiring contract instead of the man making 100M guaranteed non-insured money. Selling out everything for Chandler was a huge mistake. I said that at the time too. That was a blunder of epic proportions...I am sure Dolan is quite PO'd at Grunny for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRooki3 View Post
    And how dare you sit there and type that monstrosity....how are you going to insult that leprechaun creature? He deserves better than a Dolan comparison
    LOL. True enough.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    Can stern just do a hostile takeover of the knicks? Lol our owner is a joke. A complete idiot who favors making statements than actually winning games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast