Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ive seen enough of Mike Evans to tell you 1 thing.. the dude is going to be a total diva. I have never seen such a baby when things don't go his way or the ball isn't coming his way. Throws huge temper tantrums.. has a very limited skill set.

I dont know how much you guys have seen of Jarvis Landry from LSU but hes a human highlight reel that makes catches i dont even know how are possible. He's extremely tough, wants to throw blocks, wants to knock you out.. then somehow makes 1 hand catches, and catches in double/triple teams with ease.

Hes a guy you want to have… what a freak. Literally has hands of velcro. Makes these kinds of plays at least once a game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtPL6XxEsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HOj7Z58c4o

This is the game i went to (big hit).. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqg9FcOZo5s

vCash
    I for one LOVE Jarvis Landry.... He's a really good WR. If be on board with drafting him.

According to some reports, we may potentially lose a Draft pick, with Tomlins sideline antics.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash

Pittsburgh Steelers 2014 draft thread

I wouldn't be for drafting Jarvis Landry early because he's more of what we have.
    5'11" 178 pounds.
    AB is 5'10" 185 lbs
    Sanders is 5'11" 180
    Cotch is 6' 180
    Wheaton is 5'11" 182

Thing about all the guys I listed is they are big and beefy. That's what we need. When you make a list of the best WRs in the NFL right now they are all big guys. Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson, Green, BMarsh, ect. All big guys.

The smallest of the group I named is Jordan Matthews at 6'3" 220.
    Coulson Lives

vCash

Pittsburgh Steelers 2014 draft thread

Sorry for the dp but I have a theory on what we are seeing as potential issues with Mike Evans.

I think the lack of recognition for A&Ms success is bothering him. Say what you want about the aggies and their QB but without Evans Manziel isn't half the QB he is. At least half of his big plays come from Evans making a hell of a catch at the end.

And watching the games I would say that, while not wide open, Evans has his man beat enough that any QB should throw the ball. But instead Johnny holds it and runs around untill someone is standing without someone 5 yards near and throws a jump ball that the WR needs to bail him out.

Yet the next day it's all about Johnny Football and his running. Never about the WR getting open and making a great catch.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I think too much is being made of having to get a "BIG/TALL" WR in the first rd. I would hate for our FO to go into the draft that narrow minded. For the folks that's stuck on getting a "BIG/Tall" WR there will be guys like this available outside the first round. I'm about picking the best player, if he happens to be an athletic freak as well..GREAT. The Benjamin kid out of Florida State fits the big wr mold and I'm sure he could be got outside of the 1st rd (not sure of his clsssification though). If somebody told me a couple of years ago that we could possibly get Watkins (Clemson), I would have have said no way. I look at him as the WR version of Clowney. Both this kids have been playing like grown men since they touched campus. I think both of them were a little guilty of getting bored with college and looking ahead to the NFL..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    I think too much is being made of having to get a "BIG/TALL" WR in the first rd. I would hate for our FO to go into the draft that narrow minded. For the folks that's stuck on getting a "BIG/Tall" WR there will be guys like this available outside the first round. I'm about picking the best player, if he happens to be an athletic freak as well..GREAT. The Benjamin kid out of Florida State fits the big wr mold and I'm sure he could be got outside of the 1st rd (not sure of his clsssification though). If somebody told me a couple of years ago that we could possibly get Watkins (Clemson), I would have have said no way. I look at him as the WR version of Clowney. Both this kids have been playing like grown men since they touched campus. I think both of them were a little guilty of getting bored with college and looking ahead to the NFL..
    Nobody said anything about reaching for a big tall WR. Just if there's a great prospect there, it's something we need whether it be the 1st or 2nd round.

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    I'm not writing Justin Brown, or Derek Moye off just yet.

They may be in the fold. Who knows.

But as for Mike Evans, completely respect your analysis and take on him Seneca, I just really haven't seen what your claiming, as of yet. He gets nothing but good praise on ESPN College gameday, and everytime I've watched a game, he's been a MONSTER. He has the tools and skills to be a dominant WR at the NFL level, if he lands with the right team.

I won't be opposed to double dipping for OL either! We're consistently hurt every year. Some CBs would be great.
    Representing Dodgers,Steelers,Lakers,Anaheim Ducks,USC Trojans and Barcelona.

vCash
    Brandon Coleman - Rutgers
    Limited in his route running at this point in time because of the lack of versatility in rutgers offense but AB can teach him a few things about route running

"Jose was looking for a fastball, but Perez dropped a deuce on him"
    Pat Tabler

vCash
    IMPOV this isn't a 'Big' vs 'Small' WR argument.

It's a physical V finess WR argument.

Yes you can have small physical WR's (Hines, Golden Tate, Wes Welker) but they are rare. Usually when you have a physical WR you are talking about a big strong guy. The type of guy who doesn't need a rub, screen, or pick in the red zone to shield off his man and be in the position to catch the ball. Not a single one of our WR's can beat a press man coverage right now. Which honestly it surprises me that no defenses do that to us play to play.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I'm on board with us getting game-changers/impact players on both sides of the ball. I keep things simple when evaluating teams, especially on defense. I simply look at each level of the defense/offense and see whether a team has game-changers at each level. IMPACT is not to be confused with "good enough" or "steady". You can break down each level of our defense and then move on to our offense and ask yourself..how many consistent impact players do we have (can't be an impact player if you can't stay on the field)?

*=When Healthy

Defense:

D-Line:
    LB's: Timmons/Woodley*
    Secondary..
    CB:
    S: Troy

Offense:

Offensively I think we will be good to go as long as (1.) someone takes the curse off our O-Line (2.) We add a WR's that complement Brown+depth (3.)Add some more depth and talent at the RB position (4.) Get a GIFTED OC that Ben can work WITH, to ensure that our offense is POTENT game-in & game-out..

#TRYTOBEUNBIAS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polamalu43322 View Post
    I'm not writing Justin Brown, or Derek Moye off just yet.

They may be in the fold. Who knows.

But as for Mike Evans, completely respect your analysis and take on him Seneca, I just really haven't seen what your claiming, as of yet. He gets nothing but good praise on ESPN College gameday, and everytime I've watched a game, he's been a MONSTER. He has the tools and skills to be a dominant WR at the NFL level, if he lands with the right team.

I won't be opposed to double dipping for OL either! We're consistently hurt every year. Some CBs would be great.
    Heres a video highlight of why I do not like him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTOSJxctBIE .. unfortunately its a draft analysis video so they dont show sideline antics or too much after an incompletion but check out the play at 2:10 in particular. but also :35, 4:40… i think he acts like a cocky prick but that entire team does down there.

He also won't get away with pushoffs at the next level which notice.. he does every damn play

vCash
    ^^Michael Irvin got away with them LoL.

vCash
    It seems like every year there are guys in the draft posters feel like could really help the Steelers, but maybe don't fit an "urgent" "need"; and it seems that 9/10 they always end up going to a division rival. After we fell to our 8th loss, I've just been thinking about the draft more.

#Random

vCash
    It seems like every year there are guys in the draft posters feel like could really help the Steelers, but maybe don't fit an "urgent" "need"; and it seems that 9/10 they always end up going to a division rival. After we fell to our 8th loss, I've just been thinking about the draft more.

#Random
    Because they all know Colbert will go for value in BPA rather than just take a player that fits a need.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    I don't think we should PUSH to get Mike Evans lol

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast