Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of signing Josh Freeman to the Vikings to battle in 2014?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 63.16%
  • No

14 36.84%
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Vikings sign QB Josh Freeman to a one-year deal reportedly worth $3 million

Jason La Canfora ✔ @JasonLaCanfora
    I would keep a particular eye on the Vikings QB play next few weeks vis a vie Josh Freeman.
    8:48 AM - 25 Sep 2013

I feel like this is thread worthy since an accredited NFL writer has talked about it. If not go ahead and delete it or merge it.

Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

vCash
    Freeman isn't the only one who has been said to have issues with Greg Schiano there is supposedly a good deal of players who aren't fans of his. Maybe a change of scenery would be a great thing for Freeman who i think is a pretty talented QB.

Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

vCash
    All I can say is that Freeman is a month older than Ponder and has had proven success in the NFL at one point in time, the same cannot be said of Ponder yet.
    Last edited by N3TS; 09-27-2013 at 03:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N3TS View Post
    All I can say is that Freeman is a month older than Ponder and has had proven success in the NFL at one point in time, the same cannot be said of Ponder yet.
    Yeah if they can get him for a 5th or later...i think it is undoubtedly worth the risk...this is such a QB league...it doesn't stop you from drafting one as well....But Freeman has some talent...i would roll the dice. Good NFL QB's don't fall from the sky..might as well take a shot on a guy like him.

Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

vCash
    There are some decent articles a discussion going on about this in the Trade/Free agency thread.... His salary will keep any team from trading for him. If the Bucs decide to eat some of the money they shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of him for a late round pick.

vCash
    Nooooo....if we can get him for a late rounder fine. But if we get him we still need to take a qb with our first pick..I'm afraid we get him then don't draft a qb til late

vCash
    why would we get Freeman if we have Cassel

vCash
    The question our front office has to answer on Freeman is, does a player who has the ceiling of Jay Cutler give us a chance to win the Super Bowl? The answer to that is on this team probably. Our strong running game is going to give any QB who can convert 3rd and long a chance to pull our team. When we had Favre we had good success converting which I see as a trait of Freeman two years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    why would we get Freeman if we have Cassel
    This. I was all on board on getting Freeman when I heard the Bucs were shopping him, but then it hit me that we are paying Matt Cassel 5 Mill this season. Surely we would not give out that chunk of change unless we were sure he could step in if need be.

Then again, we likely did not see Freeman becoming available. I would cut Cassel before I cut MBT

^Credit to TearsOfPurple^

vCash
    I think the thing that is enticing is Freeman has a ceiling, that hasn't been reached. We all know what Cassel will give us.

vCash
    If freeman cant succeed with doug martin, vincent jackson, mike williams, and the good o line he has, what makes you think he'll do good with us? And our incompetent coaching staff?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KW93KB24 View Post
    If freeman cant succeed with doug martin, vincent jackson, mike williams, and the good o line he has, what makes you think he'll do good with us? And our incompetent coaching staff?
    First off I'll state that I am a Titans fan. Im from ND so I watch alot of vikings football. I would tell you that your incompetent if you don't think he's (Freeman) is better than Ponder and Cassel.
    SOMEONE SAID BIG BIRD!?

vCash
    The coaching staff has something to do with it as well. Greg Schiano doesn't like him, and he doesn't like Schiano. Who knows how he'd do with our coaching staff. Their LT and RT aren't the best, they have great Guards and a serviceable center. No TE either. While our WR core, isn't up to theres, our team as whole seems to be better.

vCash
    First off they run arguably the toughest offense in the NFL for a QB to run consistently. Freeman is asked to make many throws any QB would have trouble delivering on. Secondly, everything has been against him since Schiano took over the Bucs. It has long been thought that Schiano wanted to purposely throw Freeman under the bus to undermine the GM and take over roster decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekCzajkowski View Post
    Nooooo....if we can get him for a late rounder fine. But if we get him we still need to take a qb with our first pick..I'm afraid we get him then don't draft a qb til late
    This. Take our lumps this season and draft a guy with our first pick. Freeman has been inconsistent, and not just under one coaching staff.

I want a 15 year franchise qb, not a 4 year stopgap qb that gives us 1 1/2 good seasons.
    Last edited by IBleedPurple; 09-27-2013 at 06:07 PM.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast