Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What would you like to see the Tigers do?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pursue the A's/Red Sox for a higher seed

2 66.67%
  • Get everyone healthy and play the young kids

1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

GT: Tigers @ Marlins

@

Friday September 27th, 7:10 PM
    Rick Porcello (13-8, 4.38 ERA) Vs. Tom Koehler (4-10, 4.45 ERA)

Saturday September 28th, 7:10 PM
    Anibal Sanchez (14-8, 2.64 ERA) Vs. Nate Eovaldi (4-6, 3.50 ERA)

Sunday September 29th, 1:10 PM
    Justin Verlander (13-12, 3.56 ERA) Vs. Henderson Alvarez (4-6, 3.94 ERA)

vCash
    Even with a sweep we can't catch the Sox, but getting the second seed would be great, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of Cabrera. He's pretty much the only guy I want to see get rest, everyone else I'd like to keep playing and keep the winning atmosphere going. I'd hate to play all the bums and enter the playoffs with a losing skid, BUT we have a chance to shuffle the rotation to get it how we want, which should be easy since Scherzer just pitched last night.

vCash
    Rick Porcello has been scratched from Friday's start and will instead be available out of the Tigers' bullpen.
    Porcello wasn't going to be part of the Tigers' playoff rotation, so the club has decided to go ahead and move him to the bullpen now. Jose Alvarez will get the ball on Friday against the Marlins.
    roto

vCash

vCash
    Interesting to see Jhonny play but not surprising. Hopefully he can provide the offensive boost we need.

vCash
    Well Jhonny doubled a run in and Miggy looked a bit better. The rest kinda sucked. Although removing Prince after the first doesn't help.

Also Perez looked horrible the at bat vs. Webb. Please resign Infante!

vCash
    Benoit rounding into playoff shape with another blown save. Good work Joaquin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I can see it now that this is going to be a disappointing season. This team has no heart and is not ready for the playoffs at all.

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    Yep we're sucking right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Wasnt that his first blown save this year? And I have a feeling he wasnt going 100%. No need to. 3rd seed clinched, why hurt his arm? Get some work in, dont over do it though. But for todays game, do you guys think there is any chance that if JV goes another 6 shutout IP, with less than 5 hits, that'll influence Leylands decision for the game 1 starter? Or do you think that that decision has already be made?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I can see it now that this is going to be a disappointing season. This team has no heart and is not ready for the playoffs at all.
    Why do I think the Tigers are going to get hot starting game 1 on Friday? Maybe I'm wrong, but with how streaky the Tigers always are, their recent ineptitude could mean a quick and hot turn around. Plus, once that game starts, they are going to be fielding a lineup with 6 .300+ hitters, a very hot bat in Prince, and an Alex Avila who has improved in September.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Why do I think the Tigers are going to get hot starting game 1 on Friday? Maybe I'm wrong, but with how streaky the Tigers always are, their recent ineptitude could mean a quick and hot turn around. Plus, once that game starts, they are going to be fielding a lineup with 6 .300+ hitters, a very hot bat in Prince, and an Alex Avila who has improved in September.
    That is the problem we are too shaky. We need to be clicking on all cylinders when the playoffs start.

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Wasnt that his first blown save this year? And I have a feeling he wasnt going 100%. No need to. 3rd seed clinched, why hurt his arm? Get some work in, dont over do it though. But for todays game, do you guys think there is any chance that if JV goes another 6 shutout IP, with less than 5 hits, that'll influence Leylands decision for the game 1 starter? Or do you think that that decision has already be made?
    He blew one a week or so ago as well. I believe it was against Minnesota but not sure off the top of my head. it's just worrysome to me that he's blowing saves now with the offense struggling heading into the postseason.

vCash
    Just checked the Box score and JV is pitching lights out today. He's got the strikeouts going again.

vCash
    Except they are being no-hit by a bum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast