Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What would you like to see the Tigers do?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pursue the A's/Red Sox for a higher seed

    2 66.67%
  • Get everyone healthy and play the young kids

    1 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,063
    vCash
    2000

    GT: Tigers @ Marlins

    @

    Friday September 27th, 7:10 PM
    Rick Porcello (13-8, 4.38 ERA) Vs. Tom Koehler (4-10, 4.45 ERA)

    Saturday September 28th, 7:10 PM
    Anibal Sanchez (14-8, 2.64 ERA) Vs. Nate Eovaldi (4-6, 3.50 ERA)

    Sunday September 29th, 1:10 PM
    Justin Verlander (13-12, 3.56 ERA) Vs. Henderson Alvarez (4-6, 3.94 ERA)




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    14,104
    vCash
    3000
    Even with a sweep we can't catch the Sox, but getting the second seed would be great, as long as it doesn't come at the expense of Cabrera. He's pretty much the only guy I want to see get rest, everyone else I'd like to keep playing and keep the winning atmosphere going. I'd hate to play all the bums and enter the playoffs with a losing skid, BUT we have a chance to shuffle the rotation to get it how we want, which should be easy since Scherzer just pitched last night.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,063
    vCash
    2000
    Rick Porcello has been scratched from Friday's start and will instead be available out of the Tigers' bullpen.
    Porcello wasn't going to be part of the Tigers' playoff rotation, so the club has decided to go ahead and move him to the bullpen now. Jose Alvarez will get the ball on Friday against the Marlins.
    roto



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    17,736
    vCash
    0

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,063
    vCash
    2000
    Interesting to see Jhonny play but not surprising. Hopefully he can provide the offensive boost we need.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,063
    vCash
    2000
    Well Jhonny doubled a run in and Miggy looked a bit better. The rest kinda sucked. Although removing Prince after the first doesn't help.

    Also Perez looked horrible the at bat vs. Webb. Please resign Infante!



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,063
    vCash
    2000
    Benoit rounding into playoff shape with another blown save. Good work Joaquin.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    1,208
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Benoit rounding into playoff shape with another blown save. Good work Joaquin.
    I can see it now that this is going to be a disappointing season. This team has no heart and is not ready for the playoffs at all.

    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,632
    vCash
    3500
    Yep we're sucking right now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,562
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Benoit rounding into playoff shape with another blown save. Good work Joaquin.
    Wasnt that his first blown save this year? And I have a feeling he wasnt going 100%. No need to. 3rd seed clinched, why hurt his arm? Get some work in, dont over do it though. But for todays game, do you guys think there is any chance that if JV goes another 6 shutout IP, with less than 5 hits, that'll influence Leylands decision for the game 1 starter? Or do you think that that decision has already be made?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,562
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I can see it now that this is going to be a disappointing season. This team has no heart and is not ready for the playoffs at all.
    Why do I think the Tigers are going to get hot starting game 1 on Friday? Maybe I'm wrong, but with how streaky the Tigers always are, their recent ineptitude could mean a quick and hot turn around. Plus, once that game starts, they are going to be fielding a lineup with 6 .300+ hitters, a very hot bat in Prince, and an Alex Avila who has improved in September.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    1,208
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I can see it now that this is going to be a disappointing season. This team has no heart and is not ready for the playoffs at all.
    Why do I think the Tigers are going to get hot starting game 1 on Friday? Maybe I'm wrong, but with how streaky the Tigers always are, their recent ineptitude could mean a quick and hot turn around. Plus, once that game starts, they are going to be fielding a lineup with 6 .300+ hitters, a very hot bat in Prince, and an Alex Avila who has improved in September.
    That is the problem we are too shaky. We need to be clicking on all cylinders when the playoffs start.

    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,063
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso_Smith View Post
    Wasnt that his first blown save this year? And I have a feeling he wasnt going 100%. No need to. 3rd seed clinched, why hurt his arm? Get some work in, dont over do it though. But for todays game, do you guys think there is any chance that if JV goes another 6 shutout IP, with less than 5 hits, that'll influence Leylands decision for the game 1 starter? Or do you think that that decision has already be made?
    He blew one a week or so ago as well. I believe it was against Minnesota but not sure off the top of my head. it's just worrysome to me that he's blowing saves now with the offense struggling heading into the postseason.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,632
    vCash
    3500
    Just checked the Box score and JV is pitching lights out today. He's got the strikeouts going again.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,562
    vCash
    1500
    Except they are being no-hit by a bum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •