Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How Dominant Would Shaq Be Today?

Probably the most dominant peak of any player ever, how would he do now? Sure he would face far lesser competition than he did in his prime BUT he would also face less favorable reffing. With as quick as refs are to call touch fouls now and offensive fouls I see tons of games where he fouls out. I also wonder if the more perimeter based game would give him issues.

Numbers wise what do you think he would put up? Would he be the best right now, even better than Lebron? Could he anchor a dynasty as the guy being built around in this day and age?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewBnHq04CRg
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-25-2013 at 06:39 PM.

vCash
    Not buying the theory that touch fouls are more existent, he doesn't play on the perimeter so hand checking augments wouldn't benefit him. He was also putting up good production as an old man not too long ago. I envision very little change if he remains in the triangle.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    You can put a prime Shaq on any team in the NBA and they'd be a title contender. Pretty bad centers when we were dominating in the early 2000s... but now, most teams don't even have a true starting center

vCash
    I feel like the Center position has improved alot since Shaq's Dynasty days.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    No offense dude, cause you're not the only one who makes threads like this, but WHO CARES! These threads are so pointless and so subjective. Shaq was a great center, doesn't matter what era you put him in his numbers would fluctuate based on what era he played in (same with Lebron, same with Michael Jordan, same with Kobe, same with Wilt, same with anyone!) I know it's for the sake of talking sports, but these threads are 90% based on subjection, and 10% based on random facts and numbers that don't prove anything.

vCash
    pretty much similar to what he did.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I make these kind of threads all the time, it is pointless, but nobody ever said we had to make profound/deep threads all the time. Sometimes you're just curious to the irrelevant

vCash
    Just as good.

Basically Dwight, but like 1000 times better.

vCash
    Sorry but I just had to point out how funny/ironic it is that you called out bagwell asking if he had "a life" yet I notice you create a thread atleast once or twice a day.
    ...Russell Westbrook is a chucker

Russell Westbrook's response, "If das whacha say bruh"

vCash
    I'm not sure Shaq would be light years ahead of Dwight. He'll be better than Dwight but let's stop acting like today's centers are all scrubs. It's the way the game has changed that's affecting centers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I feel like the Center position has improved alot since Shaq's Dynasty days.
    Well I think offensively some guys could give him trouble, but realistically the best defensive centers today would have no chance just like before. Gasol, Hibbert, Timmy, Chandler and Dwight would get eaten alive.

I guess my point of him being more dominant has to do with a lot of teams not even using a traditional center these days. Bosh would get tossed around like a rag doll.

Seems like a lot of centers are a lot lighter these days too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Well I think offensively some guys could give him trouble, but realistically the best defensive centers today would have no chance just like before. Gasol, Hibbert, Timmy, Chandler and Dwight would get eaten alive.

I guess my point of him being more dominant has to do with a lot of teams not even using a traditional center these days. Bosh would get tossed around like a rag doll.

Seems like a lot of centers are a lot lighter these days too.
    Well, Bosh isn't a natural center. It's all hypothetical. I don't think Shaq would be much more dominant. Might be less since three point shooters are off the charts these days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I'm not sure Shaq would be light years ahead of Dwight. He'll be better than Dwight but let's stop acting like today's centers are all scrubs. It's the way the game has changed that's affecting centers.
    I get what your saying, but I personally think he would destroy Dwight in just about every statistical category. We're forgetting how dominant Shaq was...

Shaq in the Finals against a good Pacers defense, averaged 38, 17 and 3 blocks... Dwight, Marc Gasol, etc. aren't close to Shaq, and never will be. Dude is a top 8 player of all-time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Well, Bosh isn't a natural center. It's all hypothetical. I don't think Shaq would be much more dominant. Might be less since three point shooters are off the charts these days.
    I think that would make him more dominant though. The spacing would be just as good within the triangle with all those shooters around

vCash
    A bench warmer for top teams. He wasn't exactly dominant when he retired almost 4 yrs ago
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast