Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Scutaro to have surgery

Marco Scutaro will undergo surgery on Friday to have a pin inserted into his left pinkie finger.
    Scutaro has been dealing with "mallet finger" caused by tendon damage from him getting hit by a pitch back in June. The pin will remain in his finger for around six weeks and his finger may be permanently bent to some degree, but he should be fine for the start of the 2014 season. The 38-year-old still has two years and over $13 million left on his contract.
    Scutaro hit pretty well with mallet finger. I'm glad he stuck it out for as long as he did.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash
    All those offseason resignings are sure working out great!
    I Will Eat Your Children.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    All those offseason resignings are sure working out great!
    I blame the WBC. We had the most players playing and they all have spent time on the DL. Except for Romo.

vCash
    When the season was lost he should have got it done early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    I blame the WBC. We had the most players playing and they all have spent time on the DL. Except for Romo.
    Correlation doesn't equal causation though. Vogelsong's and Scutaro's for sure had nothing to do with the WBC.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    I thought Sctuaro had a nice year. Only thing i didn't like was his infatuation with bunting.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Defensively he took a step back

vCash
    I had no problems with scutaro pre injury. I think its clear he had no business trying to hit through this ailment as his season tanked right after. I am hopefully though this wasn't his last year as a full time player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post

Correlation doesn't equal causation though. Vogelsong's and Scutaro's for sure had nothing to do with the WBC.
    The injuries definitely didn't, but I'd have to think that Vogelsong's performance pre-injury was the product of a tired arm. From a long, grueling WS run straight into the WBC, there wasn't much down time for the aging vet. That's only Vogey though.
    Don't forget about Dre.

vCash
    This decision should have been made a long time ago. Get better, Scoots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    The injuries definitely didn't, but I'd have to think that Vogelsong's performance pre-injury was the product of a tired arm. From a long, grueling WS run straight into the WBC, there wasn't much down time for the aging vet. That's only Vogey though.
    V-song hardly pitched in the WBC. Cain was terrible for the first half as well so the WBC argument has little to no weight.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats

vCash

Scutaro to have surgery

We won't really know, but Vogelsong has acknowledged that the WBC may have been part of the reason for his crappy performances. Again, not the sole reason, but part of the reason.
    Don't forget about Dre.

vCash

Scutaro to have surgery

No answer for Cain though. Dude just plain sucked.
    Don't forget about Dre.

vCash
    In my opinion Cain had pitched so many innings since 2009, probably the most in the game, that there was some major fatigue with him to start this year. A lot of missed location and less life on his pitches. He looks like he's all better now though.

I don't think the WBC hurt Vogelsong. If you ask me it's just an old pitcher who has lost too much MPH on his fastball to be successful. He was showing signs of cracking last year before the playoffs as well before pulling it together. That playoff run may have just been the dead cat bounce, which was impeccable timing for us.