Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Greg Schiano Thread

I never really start threads and before I do this one, I want to preface it with this; I support the team no matter what, in fact I have supported every one of our head coaches until the bitter end. I hope with all my heart that I am proven wrong and the team is headed in a positive direction.

That being said, this season has not started well; sloppy play calls, excessive team penalties, rumors of players unhappy with the coaching style or unhappy with other players, and now the benching of the QB. It now seems like our fan base is completely polarized with some placing blame on the QB, some on the coaching, and some on both.

Here are a few thoughts that I would like ya'lls opinion about;

1) Do you think the timing of the benching was deliberate due to the upcomming "winnable" game?

2) Do you think Dom and ownership put coach on notice which sparked the benching?

3) What will it actually take (wins, yards, performance) for Schiano to keep his job this year?

4) Assuming the worst (we lose most of our remaining games) and he is in fact fired, what coach has the best chance at succeeding with this team right now?
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Lovie Smith would be spectacular (full circle) i'd prefer Zimmer over Schiano as I said seasons ago when Greg was hired ... but he's our guy and i'm behind him. We'll see what happens with him and Dominik at seasons end though

vCash
    Lovie.

vCash
    Lovie
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    ....Marty....

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrews1469 View Post
    I never really start threads and before I do this one, I want to preface it with this; I support the team no matter what, in fact I have supported every one of our head coaches until the bitter end. I hope with all my heart that I am proven wrong and the team is headed in a positive direction.

That being said, this season has not started well; sloppy play calls, excessive team penalties, rumors of players unhappy with the coaching style or unhappy with other players, and now the benching of the QB. It now seems like our fan base is completely polarized with some placing blame on the QB, some on the coaching, and some on both.

Here are a few thoughts that I would like ya'lls opinion about;

1) Do you think the timing of the benching was deliberate due to the upcomming "winnable" game?

2) Do you think Dom and ownership put coach on notice which sparked the benching?

3) What will it actually take (wins, yards, performance) for Schiano to keep his job this year?

4) Assuming the worst (we lose most of our remaining games) and he is in fact fired, what coach has the best chance at succeeding with this team right now?
    Nice discussion, Andrew. You should make threads more often.

My two cents:

1) Coach Schiano summed it up best during his press conference. He basically said that he wants to start Glennon now so he can have an extra week to review what he did wrong during the bye week. I believe him. I think this move would have happened regardless of who were playing. The only exception would be if we played a game in Seattle or something.

2) In my opinion, I don't think ownership would do that to a coach three games into the season. I won't argue that he is feeling the heat, though. You can't expect to hold a job when you lose 8 out of 9 games.

3) A mixture of wins and performance. I think Schiano will need a competitive team that wins at least 7 games to keep his job.

4) If this situation happens, I think we need to find a happy medium. We can't have a complete players coach like we had in Morris and we can't hire another disciplinarian like Schiano. Greg Roman perhaps? I'm really not sure who is available to be honest.

We Want Winston!

vCash
    We need to find a good offensive minded coach our d talent is good enough to be coached by mediocre dc hope we go for an experienced veteran at coach

vCash
    We look like the chiefs of last year

vCash
    Like quik said it's best that the change happened now. Remember josh was brought in before the bye week. I think also with this move that Schiano bought himself at the least another season to prove that he can win with "his guy" whomever that may be. this defense has proven they need someone more then mediocre to coach them but I'm not sure who's available but I think they're gonna have Wannsted take over if Sheridan doesn't perform. Why else bring him in to coach a side of the ball he's never coached before

vCash
    What do you guys think about tomlin? I know it is most likely media hype but he seems to be on the hot seat too with the mediocre season last year and 0-3 start. I personally have always admired him and his style.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    What do you guys think about tomlin? I know it is most likely media hype but he seems to be on the hot seat too with the mediocre season last year and 0-3 start. I personally have always admired him and his style.
    In a heartbeat i would take Tomlin, Big fan of his

vCash
    No thank you I'll pass on him. Is drafts have not been good at all. He inherited a very good and deep Steelers team and hasn't really done much with them. Two superbowls with cowhers team and players

vCash
    the owners have never got rid of someone mid season and least amount is morris at 3 years .

these :the official whoever threads are not good luck someone starts a the official doug thread imma kill ya lol

vCash
    Better idea lets go to the source. I hear Bill Cower is available. Lets bring him in with a 5 year contract and let him fix our franchise.....

vCash
    SCREW LOVIE WHYYYYY!?!?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHH I'd drink myself into a stupor if he's the next coach! Cowher, Zimmer, Marty...BOOM and yes I think the benching had a lot to do with this "winnable" game and its at home then a bye then another home vs a struggling eagles team.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast