Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If Locker isn't the Solution

In next years draft there are quite a few interesting prospects coming out. If Locker doesnt cut it who do you guys see being the next Titan QB?

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick(Back-up QB)
    2. Teddy Bridgewater(Louisville QB)
    3. Tahj Boyd(Clemson QB)
    4. Nick Hundley(UCLA QB)
    5. Johnny Manziel(Texas A&M QB)
    6. Marcus Mariota(Oregon QB)
    7. Kevin Hogan(Stanford QB)
    8. Derek Carr(Fresno State QB)
    9. Stephen Morris(Miami QB)
    10. AJ McCarron(Alabama QB)
    11. Aaron Murray(Georgia QB)
    12. Logan Thomas(Virginia Tech QB)

I would love to have either Boyd or Manziel as the next Titan QB

Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    David Fales or Derek Carr later. That being said, I don't see a reason to spend an early pick on one.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    Lets hope Locker plays well enough so he is the only Titans QB for the next 10 years.

vCash
    ^^^^
    This!

Grizz: 47-32 Titans: 7-9 UK BBall: 29-11 APSU BBall: 12-18
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    In reality, after last weeks performance and game winning drive against the chargers, I think Locker deserves to have a open playbook. He can always run if it doesnt work out lol

Grizz: 47-32 Titans: 7-9 UK BBall: 29-11 APSU BBall: 12-18
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    Not gonna speculate on anything. I believe in Jake!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnocOnYoBloc View Post
    Not gonna speculate on anything. I believe in Jake!
    Agreed I'm not even trying to discuss this topic until after the season and hopefully Locker will have proven himself by then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    In next years draft there are quite a few interesting prospects coming out. If Locker doesnt cut it who do you guys see being the next Titan QB?

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick(Back-up QB)
    2. Teddy Bridgewater(Louisville QB)
    3. Tahj Boyd(Clemson QB)
    4. Nick Hundley(UCLA QB)
    5. Johnny Manziel(Texas A&M QB)
    6. Marcus Mariota(Oregon QB)
    7. Kevin Hogan(Stanford QB)
    8. Derek Carr(Fresno State QB)
    9. Stephen Morris(Miami QB)
    10. AJ McCarron(Alabama QB)
    11. Aaron Murray(Georgia QB)
    12. Logan Thomas(Virginia Tech QB)

I would love to have either Boyd or Manziel as the next Titan QB
    I loved the titans pick of Jake Locker a few years back but all he has proven to us to this point is he is inconsistent and injury proned. Now some will say if we open the playbook and let him run the offense, perhaps he will turn potential into production but regardless the offense he has to stay on the field. With the cap now enforced in the draft, we would be crazy not to bring in a young qb tho not in the 1st unless we are completely decided to move on from Locker.

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    David Fales or Derek Carr later. That being said, I don't see a reason to spend an early pick on one.
    I believe you take Carr or Hogan later in the draft.

vCash
    A couple things.

(1) They believe Jake Locker is the guy. I think this season he has shown a considerable amount of progress. My only concern is the injuries.

(2) With the upcoming schedule this team is most likely gonna end up with 8-9 wins as long as they keep playing at this level and Locker comes back healthy. That will put them drafting back far enough to miss out on probably at least 3 of the quarterbacks on that list.

(3) They have to make a decision on Locker's 2015 season after this year. If they pick it up he will be due +$10 million. I doubt they would use a high draft pick on a quarterback knowing they got Locker under contract for 2 more years.

(4) His fate is also likely tied to the coaching staff. If this thing falls apart and they finish 6-10 or something and go a different direction at the head coach then they might at quarterback as well.

vCash
    It's getting more obvious that this team is behind Locker and with his improvements over this short season, he will remain our qb entering next year. I have faith in Locker, when healthy, and think he can be a good starting quarterback. I think we should turn our attention away from QB and see who could step in and provide us with another playmaker, whether offense or defense.. Maybe someone like Oregon's De'Anthony Thomas? Just think about the plays he could make...

vCash
    Locker FTW.
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    Stephen Morris(Miami QB) if they can get the otheir player also an trade jake or Stephen two years later.
    A.J. Johnson, ILB, Tennessee
    Trent Murphy, DE/OLB, Stanford
    Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee

vCash
    I don't think there is any room for talks of locker not remaining the starting quarterback for the titans. Instead, perhaps turn out attention to what position we take with our first round pick. Personally I think locker has shown toughness this season and rapid improvement. Personally I think our offensive unit is looking solid right now, with potential to be great if we could find any sign of a running game. As I've noted, I am greatly in favor of transforming Chris Johnson into a gimmick player rather than a feature back. We are paying Johnson too much to completely phase him out of this offense but using him in certain packages. I have also thrown out the option of the titans selecting de'anthony Thomas with our first round pick this upcoming draft. Some would laugh off the notion but to those doubters I would simply ask why not?

Look at what Thomas could provide for us.

1. A complete public notice to Chris Johnson. Thomas is a player of similar skill set and would force Johnson to step his game up, if for no other reason than to get a big contract somewhere else.

2. Thomas would resolve any questions about who would serve as our return man next season. Any one who has watched Oregon games the past few seasons know just how explosive Thomas is as well as what a dynamic playmaker he is. Get him the ball in space and watch the magic.

3. The drafting of Thomas would allow us to completely phase Johnson out of the offense if he continues to play poorly. Thomas could be used as a tavon Austin/Percy harvin/Randall Cobb player his rookie season. His makn focus would be the return game but we could potentially sprinkle in various plays designed to get him in space. He can make things happen.

vCash
    Taylor Lewan or Cyrus from Bama are likely targets

Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by killthesux View Post
    Taylor Lewan or Cyrus from Bama are likely targets
    Personally, I would be satisfied with either of those picks. Either of the big tackles could prove to be the replacement for Stewart while being allowed to "sit out" their rookie season. However, I hesistate to take OL in the first unless their value is too great to pass on or they are elite prospects.

In my opinion I just feel as tho DAT would help us more, both in the short term and long term.
    Last edited by WVA_Titan; 10-24-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast