Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Giants Sign "The Terminator" FB John Conner, Place Hynoski on Season Ending IR

The New York Giants made a pair of roster moves Wednesday, signing fullback John Conner and placing fullback Henry Hynoski on season-ending injured reserve because of a fractured shoulder.

Conner, 26, spent parts of the past three seasons with the New York Jets, who waived the former fifth-round pick last October.

Conner signed with the Cincinnati Bengals late last season but was cut prior to the start of this season.

The 245-pound Conner will replace Hynoski, who suffered a fractured left shoulder in Sunday's loss to the Carolina Panthers.

"We need a fullback, we need a leading blocker," Giants coach Tom Coughlin said. "[Conner] is a physical guy -- we think he'll go up in the hole and clear the hole for the running back, and we hope he'll be a good pass protector and contribute on special teams as well."

Conner was a favorite of Jets coach Rex Ryan and became a reality-TV sensation during the team's 2010 appearance on HBO's "Hard Knocks."

Nicknamed "The Terminator" after the character of the same name in the "Terminator" movies, Conner was praised by Ryan for his blocking ability.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...nry-hynoski-ir

I saw one of the writers tweet it's a two year deal.

But I can't find the contract details anywhere. Yet.

vCash
    I just watched some of his highlights, he lays people out when he hits them, My Lord.

vCash
    Poor Hyno. That sucks.

Conner was a beast for a while. Wonder why nobody else grabbed him. He's great on return blocking too.

Gonna be meaningless if this oline can't step up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Poor Hyno. That sucks.

Conner was a beast for a while. Wonder why nobody else grabbed him. He's great on return blocking too.

Gonna be meaningless if this oline can't step up.
    I heard he was really liked in Cincy but he was limited in his role, they went with a more versatile TE/FB player(forgot his name). I guess Conner isn't a good pass catcher, but we hardly do checks down to the FB so I don't think that he is an issue.

vCash
    Most teams have given up on having a fullback. Dated idea. Not our lovely Gilbride though.....in his mind its 1985 every day.

vCash
    Most teams have given up on having a fullback. Dated idea. Not our lovely Gilbride though.....in his mind its 1985 every day.
    I love power football, really opens up the passing game.

Except for the fact that our offensive line can't block, if they could; well then it would work.

You would think they could change the scheme and do some quick slants, get david wilson into space as well. Do something, MAKE SOME type of in game adjustment.

vCash
    Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton) tweeted at 1:01 PM on Wed, Sep 25, 2013:

From Bengals OC Jay Gruden when John Conner was cut in Cincy, per @joereedy. Gruden: "Clearly the best fullback is John Conner" on Bengals..

.. Jay Gruden: “... but the difference (between Conner and Orson Charles) isn’t significant where I have to go to war" (via @joereedy) #NYG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I love power football, really opens up the passing game.

Except for the fact that our offensive line can't block, if they could; well then it would work.

You would think they could change the scheme and do some quick slants, get david wilson into space as well. Do something, MAKE SOME type of in game adjustment.
    That's what I don't get. If Eli was getting killed in a 3-5 step drop back over and over, why not start throwing some WR screens, RB screens, slants, quick outs.....don't get it. Gilbride seems to never adjust.

vCash
    That's what I don't get. If Eli was getting killed in a 3-5 step drop back over and over, why not start throwing some WR screens, RB screens, slants, quick outs.....don't get it. Gilbride seems to never adjust.
    Sad part is, if Coughlin is fired, let go or retires; why do I have that sick feeling in my stomach that Killdrive would get first shot at HC

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    2 year deal??? Wow...Hynoski must be done here. Why couldn't we sign Leach to a 2 year deal by cutting Carr and Hynoski. Well if Conner can step in and be a major contributor and catch the ball out of the backfield on occasion and help in pass protection...and help us get this thing turned around...Reese scores again.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33:27099385
    2 year deal??? Wow...Hynoski must be done here. Why couldn't we sign Leach to a 2 year deal by cutting Carr and Hynoski. Well if Conner can step in and be a major contributor and catch the ball out of the backfield on occasion and help in pass protection...and help us get this thing turned around...Reese scores again.
    I don't know for sure if it's a two year deal. Only one Giants writer made that statement. I have yet to see the deal posted anywhere.

Conner looks like a beast himself. Idk how his hands our, obviously can't be great considering what's why he seemed to lose out the Bengals job. But in terms of a fullback it was reported he was the best one they had he just didn't fit what they were attempting to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Sad part is, if Coughlin is fired, let go or retires; why do I have that sick feeling in my stomach that Killdrive would get first shot at HC
    Yeah I've been thinking that for a while now. But if we finish below .500 I don't think that happens. There will be some bigger changes.

vCash
    Kinda annoys me that Pascoe isn't going to be our FB. Having him and Myers on the field brings a hybrid double threat of TE's on the field...We could of used the roster spot to sign a LB.

vCash
    Ralph Vacchiano (@RVacchianoNYDN) tweeted at 11:58 AM on Thu, Sep 26, 2013:

FB John Conner will be paid $518,823.53 for the rest of the season (a pro-rated portion of a $630,000 salary). #NYG