Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500

    Give Rex a start

    A lot of you are going to say wtf to this but let me say that I am not the one who thinks rg3 is a bust nor do I think cousins is worth diddly squat. Rg3 just isn't healthy and personally think that if you send your future franchise qb coming off an acl surgery who isn't healthy out in a game whos greatest strength is being a runner only risks a possible career ending injury...I say give rex a start because not only is shanny losing the locker room I believe rg3 is with his bs I have to play or this team isn't going to win attitude, they would've won if he didn't throw that pick and fumble the ball, granted his defense is atrocious but hey they put up 7 points themselves. Rex is a veteran, a pocket passer who can put some damn good touch on his throws so no need for that read option that wont work with a less mobile rg3 anyways, a guy who knows the offense who can get the ball out quickly. And I think hes a guy who the locker room has lots of respect for him...remember when they benched him for beck, team wasn't so happy with that one and they went 0-3. He started 3-1 with a team that was worse than this one even beating the superbowl winning giants. You can say what you want about his stats but remember he hasn't been on any good offenses in his entire career, the bears oline was average at best in 06 and ik because I watched every game, they only performed well when the played ****** teams but when I came to against the patriots etc that oline got demolished every play. And wouldn't he make the best of his probably final opportunity in the nfl? Im going to tell you now shanny dug himself in a hole putting cousins number 2 just to make him look better than he is so we can get a decent draft pick oughtta him..he had a good game against the browns...whoa. Im not saying start rex the rest of the season im just saying till you know griffin is 100 percent cuz at this rate ill I doubt he'll finish the year healthy! if you don't then im betting the best redskin football you'll see this entire year will be from grossman playing in the preseason...redskins aren't going to the superbowl this year nor winning one with no secondary and haslett at d coordinator deal with it...don't kill your future franchise qb....let me hear your thoughts!!!

    Edit: his best receiver in 06 was Bernard berrian also whos best year came from grossman throwing him the pigskin. the bears also wouldn't have made it to the superbowl without rex making some huge throws against the seahawks and saints in the playoffs. http://youtu.be/6yQegH5pC6M good protection here ill give you that http://youtu.be/c97c_2x88iU
    Last edited by GoPattersonGo; 09-25-2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: More info

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    26,211
    vCash
    1500
    Go home Rex, you're drunk.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    o **** theyre onto me!!! but hey man if rg3 suffers a major injury cuz of this then you can go back to this thread and be like **** he was right....don't repeat seattle

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,768
    vCash
    1500
    Wow.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    Wow.
    the funny thing is none of you are going to be able to come up with a real excuse for y its a bad idea...I expected unintelligent answers lol...nd don't tell me turnovers....that fumble and int by griffin was the 2 dumbest things ive ever seen..."hey lets take our franchise qb who we traded our future for whos coming off acl surgery and who still limps around and play him in a season that's not going anywhere, playoffs if extremely lucky, in a read option system where he has to RUN the ball for it to be successful, watch him get murdered in the first half of every game nd blame the below average defense that gets gassed nd hope for the best!" 5-11 at best this year...give the rock to the veteran who went 20-28 in the superbowl in his first full year as a starter with Bernard berrian and an aged mushin muhammed as his best recievers.....cutler couldn't even do good in lovie's system lol....I challenge anyone to justify keeping griffin on the field in his current condition...derrick rose didn't even come back the entire season or playoffs last year!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,247
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPattersonGo View Post
    the funny thing is none of you are going to be able to come up with a real excuse for y its a bad idea...I expected unintelligent answers lol...nd don't tell me turnovers....that fumble and int by griffin was the 2 dumbest things ive ever seen..."hey lets take our franchise qb who we traded our future for whos coming off acl surgery and who still limps around and play him in a season that's not going anywhere, playoffs if extremely lucky, in a read option system where he has to RUN the ball for it to be successful, watch him get murdered in the first half of every game nd blame the below average defense that gets gassed nd hope for the best!" 5-11 at best this year...give the rock to the veteran who went 20-28 in the superbowl in his first full year as a starter with Bernard berrian and an aged mushin muhammed as his best recievers.....cutler couldn't even do good in lovie's system lol....I challenge anyone to justify keeping griffin on the field in his current condition...derrick rose didn't even come back the entire season or playoffs last year!!!
    I could pick your analysis apart point by point, but the truth is already so self-evident, that if you don't see it for yourself, I doubt anything I would say would change your mind and it would just be a waste of my time.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    26,211
    vCash
    1500
    You're listing turnovers as the main reason we lost the game last week, and your solution to that problem is to put in a QB whose career TD/INT ratio is less than one.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan4Life71 View Post
    I could pick your analysis apart point by point, but the truth is already so self-evident, that if you don't see it for yourself, I doubt anything I would say would change your mind and it would just be a waste of my time.
    O but id love to hear it ...I do remember rex throwing 4 tds against the cowboys in a second half comeback the year he took over for mcnabb....and his 2011 stats weren't what they could have been. Hightower was injured helu was injured a bit moss was injured, fred davis and trent Williams were suspended, chris cooley was injured, ik hankerson was out for the year. kory lichensteiger was injured and that's just the offense.....you think griffin could succeed at all with that team lol? hes 0-3 on this team and rex started 3-2 till redskins fans of course needed a change at qb and beck went 0-3 nd killed all momentum the same beck you same people on this forum were gushing over I even heard a next joe theissman lol. Rex had Anthony Armstrong jabar Gaffney, Santana moss when healthy and fred davis as his top receiving corps with some shades of Terrence Austin and Brandon banks throughout most of the season...o **** and with gano at kicker haha!!! griffin and cousins wouldn't have a chance in hell with that team!so please make your argument im begging ya man!!!!!Prove me wrong, cuz I bet you cant you guys listen to the media too much...just as bad as bears fans I swear man...o btw rg3 is ranked 30th in the nfl in total qbr right now with 26.6...hes not healthy! and your not getting himin game shape by putting wear and tear on a knee that isn't healthy! common sense!!! I guarantee none of you will even answer me in this post anymore because you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Last edited by GoPattersonGo; 09-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    You're listing turnovers as the main reason we lost the game last week, and your solution to that problem is to put in a QB whose career TD/INT ratio is less than one.
    yeah they are the reasons we lost that game lol...and im not saying bench rg3 because hes not performing well...he does good in garbage time....im saying bench him so you don't kill his legs in a season that you know isn't going anywhere with a read option offense that cant perform normally because your qb is wearing a brace because his acl tore only 9 months ago! it is complete lunacy and psychotic behavior for him to even think hes going to help this team this year and even crazier for shanny to do this which trust me will cost his job...if not this year then next year

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,196
    vCash
    1500
    Give Rex a start?........NOOOOOooooooooooo

    White Sox & Redskins Forever

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,768
    vCash
    1500
    1. Griffin isn't going to improve by sitting on the bench. He is the future of our franchise, killing his confidence is not the best idea.

    2. Cousins is another young QB (drafted with RG3, i'll get to that) who has repeatedly shown very high upside and started a game which he won. Why would we start Grossman who we know exactly what we will get from when we have not one but TWO up-and-coming talented and promising QB's?

    3. You're arguments for Grossmans play in Chicago is piss poor. This is a completely different team, that really has no relevance. IIRC, Chicago's defense carried that team.

    4. The coaches had SO much distrust in Grossman to win games that they traded what they did to acquire our franchise QB, and then went ahead and drafted ANOTHER QB in the SAME DRAFT for insurance and instantly made him the number two over Grossman, why the hell would they put Grossman in when Cousins is healthy?

    5. At this point in his career Grossman is exactly where he should be, a 3rd string QB who almost lost his job to Pat White in pre-season.

    6. More on Cousins. It is one of the most retarded things i've ever heard to start a washed up vet who proved over an entire 16 game season why he should not be a starter over a very promising young pocket-passer QB in Cousins who every single person who watches the NFL except for you believe he is already better than Grossman was in his prime.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    226
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    1. Griffin isn't going to improve by sitting on the bench. He is the future of our franchise, killing his confidence is not the best idea.

    2. Cousins is another young QB (drafted with RG3, i'll get to that) who has repeatedly shown very high upside and started a game which he won. Why would we start Grossman who we know exactly what we will get from when we have not one but TWO up-and-coming talented and promising QB's?

    3. You're arguments for Grossmans play in Chicago is piss poor. This is a completely different team, that really has no relevance. IIRC, Chicago's defense carried that team.

    4. The coaches had SO much distrust in Grossman to win games that they traded what they did to acquire our franchise QB, and then went ahead and drafted ANOTHER QB in the SAME DRAFT for insurance and instantly made him the number two over Grossman, why the hell would they put Grossman in when Cousins is healthy?

    5. At this point in his career Grossman is exactly where he should be, a 3rd string QB who almost lost his job to Pat White in pre-season.

    6. More on Cousins. It is one of the most retarded things i've ever heard to start a washed up vet who proved over an entire 16 game season why he should not be a starter over a very promising young pocket-passer QB in Cousins who every single person who watches the NFL except for you believe he is already better than Grossman was in his prime.
    1. His knee isn't going to improve if you keep putting wear and tear on it before it ready.

    2.I totally get this one im just saying cousins is a future Flynn like player..and he isn't going to make the big throws...that one to moss last year was due to an extreme breakdown in coverage

    3. Yes it is a different team and this offense happens to be way more talented. Id agree the defensewas outstanding and carried them in the cardinals game...but check the scores and stats...the bears offense helped put teams away.

    4.Because they want to prop him up so they could try to get a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick in th future. The coaches have so much distrust in kirk they'll put a one legged griffin play over him.

    5. He didn't even come close to losing his job, he had better stats, and didn't even have to play the last preseason game cuz he was a lock. White only stayed on the team for 1 or 2 regular season games to make room for a kicker.

    6.This would be Grossman's prime this would be the best offense he would have played for. And hes only played a whole 16 game season in 06 where he went to the SUPERBOWL! Has cousins won a playoff game? No I remember him getting demolished when he came in for griffin he wasn't ready and hes still not ready....anybody can play good against the browns....Grossman has experience, respect, and a cannon for an arm who puts amazing touch on his throws...did you see that one to helu against the bills? or the touchdown oass to I think Anthony armstrong against the giants in 2011 where he had to squeeze it into a very tight window in the endzone? He can make throws! Nd he doesn't let one bad mistake effect his next drive.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,768
    vCash
    1500
    Yes Grossman makes incredible throws, mostly caught by defensive backs. And if he doesn't let one bad mistake effect his next drive, why does he throw 3 INT's a game?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i--VxJpZtkw

    Here, this sums up Rex Grossman in a nutshell.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    6,719
    vCash
    1500
    As an outsider who randomly saw this thread and got to enjoy seeing Rex play in Chicago (heh): if RG3 gets hurt (because there's no way he's getting benched to heal now), you start Cousins. If he plays well, not only do you stay in playoff contention, you have a major trade piece. If he doesn't play well, then you know he's not the player to have behind RG3 and move on or you see enough to want to keep developing him.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,010
    vCash
    1500
    The only way to get back in football shape is to play football. They aren't asking him to run so they aren't risking his legs more than they would with any non-mobile QB (Rex or Cousins). Like Bulls fan said you can't put Rex in to cut down on turnovers. By taking RG3 out now you are killing in game experience, his ability to read defenses, and make throws. I think in the long run this playing time will be good for RG3's career because it's forcing a run first QB to learn to be a pocket passer.

    My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •